J.K. Rowling Will Write a New Harry Potter Movie.

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

Warner Bros. announced plans to make a series of films based on Rowling’s 2001 Hogwarts textbook, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,which as the author explained on her website, isn’t a Harry Potter sequel but “an extension” of the world that he inhabited. Instead of hiring someone to adapt the book to film, Warner Bros. has hired Rowling to do so.

“As I considered Warners’ proposal, an idea took shape that I couldn’t dislodge. That is how I ended up pitching my own idea for a film to Warner Bros.,” Rowling said on her website. The movies will take place 70 years before Harry Potter’s time and will focus on Newt Scamander, the fictional author of the Fantastic Beaststextbook. It’s unclear whether Rowling will write each screenplay in the series, but if the first one goes well, the studio is unlikely to abandon its celebrity screenwriter.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, took in roughly $1.3 billion at the global box office. The deal is a huge coup for Warner Bros. No doubt having Rowling plunge back into the world of wizardry is one of its safest bets.

Are you guys stoked that there is a new addition to the Harry Potter World ?

I am not such a big fan of Harry Potter but this new movie looks like a cool addition to the set and I might like it :) so i'm stoked.

Mmm... I really like Harry Potter (watched all the movies and read the last 3 books), but I don't like this idea.

Mmm... I really like Harry Potter (watched all the movies and read the last 3 books), but I don't like this idea.

It kinda ruined the original feel that the saga begins with, right ?

It kinda ruined the original feel that the saga begins with, right ?
Right. A sequel with the life of Harry Potter son will be better, I think.

Reactions: Reece
Rowling, you're making a big mistake.

I loved the books, and the movies up to 4 were OK - after that they condensed the books too much for my liking.

Reactions: Reece
I've read the books four times, yeah, I know. Stupid. But they're just so awesome and I like them so much... ;p

I've read the books four times, yeah, I know. Stupid. But they're just so awesome and I like them so much... ;p

Nothing stupid actually.
A lot of people don't read now, so that's a good thing.

I'm super excited for this. I can't wait to see a bit of prologue to the HP saga. I feel, while both stories being separate, that they will connect in some amazing way. With JK Rowling being the screenplay writer, no doubt will it be canonically correct.

Reactions: Moon Rain
I'm super excited for this. I can't wait to see a bit of prologue to the HP saga. I feel, while both stories being separate, that they will connect in some amazing way. With JK Rowling being the screenplay writer, no doubt will it be canonically correct.
Yeah I agree, something about Harry's parents connecting, opening up on Voldemort a little bit more, it will be interesting.

I read them 3 times :p I really like Harry Potter, but I don't know how I feel about this. :/ Guess I'll wait and see.

I read them 3 times :p I really like Harry Potter, but I don't know how I feel about this. :/ Guess I'll wait and see.
I know what you mean, it is hard to make it as good as the others :p

I know what you mean, it is hard to make it as good as the others :p
Well we never know, there maybe will be a connection with the past story connecting to Harry or some cool discoveries :).. Nonetheless I am still happy that she haven't given up on the series as we thought so I am still grateful about that.

Yes, and I heard something that it would follow the story of Newt Scamander (who wrote Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)

Sounds like a fictional documentary about fictional creatures to me. I just hope the producer won't be fictional too :p

There is a name for this book/movie already?

Movie is based on a JK Rowling spin-off book "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them" ;P

Yes, and I heard something that it would follow the story of Newt Scamander (who wrote Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)
And that book was in Harry's possession at one point in the Harry Potter series, right

Yes, and JK. Rowling wrote it together with Quidditch Through the Ages and The Tales of Beedle the Bard :D I've read them a million times ;)

I actually got bored when I was reading them... they're NOT at JK Rowling's level.

Yes, and JK. Rowling wrote it together with Quidditch Through the Ages and The Tales of Beedle the Bard :D I've read them a million times ;)
Wow you seem like a big fan of the Harry Potter series, Quidditch through Wow sounds interesting.

Back