Least favorite dungeons

• Thread starter frogczar
  • Start date
Level 3, 5, and 9 dungeons in the original LoZ. I probably dislike level 9 the most due to the insane amount of Wizzrobes. They can literally make or break your progress in the game. :/

For me it's the Ocarina of Time Water Temple. Not because it's hard, but only because it's time consuming unless you know how to get around. First time doing it you spend hours running around trying to figure out where to go to raise or lower the level, where to go then, only to have to figure out what the water level needs to be at then. Not really hard but kind of complex and time consuming just makes me hate the dungeon over all.

I liked all the dungeons. Sure the water temple made you think a lot, but I really liked that. The dungeons in Majoras mask were great. The one that I liked the least must be Jabu-Jabu's belly, since you had to protect the princess through that wierd labirinth. It wasn't that bad, since it was short, but it was still annoying that you had to carry the princess. I did like her character, since she was one of the coolest. And for some reason I really like that one of Link's lovers is a fish person.

Most temples in Skyward Sword, I like the music and stuff but actually doing them is horrible.

the water temple from ocarina of time

Water Temple
Level 6 (Darkest temple in the game:I literary had to get my eyes adjusted to it the first time)
Snowhead (The frikin' last lost fairy and the actual time it takes to fix every mistake you make)
Tower of gods (first floor begins too slow...)
Swamp, Lost woods from A Link to the past
Forest temple? (The twilight princess version, I love the monkeys in it. But...)
Every temple in Phantom hourglass (except Temple of the Ocean king and ghost ship: the only memorable dungeons)
Same for Spirit tracks (except The Desert, Phantom and dungeons: actually LOVE the reference in the other dungeon)
I loved every dungeon in Skyward sword, I only hated certain rooms in Sky Keep. :D
I love Zelda but hate when it can slow to a crawl because of dungeons, whether I already played through or not!

WHY EVERYONE WATER TEMPLEEEEEEE, well for me the worst is twilight princess water temple lol its really annoying ._. the ocarina of time one is actually cool in my opinion idk its just so annoying that everyone hates it and also hates navi and even with that much hate NOOOOO "Ocarina of time, Best game ever 10/10"

Reactions: Kakea
WHY EVERYONE WATER TEMPLEEEEEEE, well for me the worst is twilight princess water temple lol its really annoying ._. the ocarina of time one is actually cool in my opinion idk its just so annoying that everyone hates it and also hates navi and even with that much hate NOOOOO "Ocarina of time, Best game ever 10/10"
I didn't think anything of Navi, when you replay the game: everything resets even the tutorials. :)
But I also hate the Twilight princess Water temple too! thanks for reminding me!
(It takes forever just like Ocarina of time! :punch: )

forest temple in oot i was stuck on it for THREE! years i didnt bother to think OH! i can look at a guide or something i am an idiot at times >.< anyone else had that in a game? i was stuck because i didn't know i had to shoot the paintings with my arrows XD

Most of the water dungeons aren't my favorites, but I can still tolerate them. Except for one evil dungeon, Jabu Jabu's belly from Oracle of Ages. Never has it taken me so long to clear a dungeon as that one. Not only does it take forever to even realize what you need to do next, but there are several aspects that are just plain annoying. Examples are the CONSTANT need to switch your items around, the boring music, and the fact that half of the time you'll be underwater, only able to use one item. It's not a pleasant experience.

bottom of the well or shadow temple the music is erire

bottom of the well or shadow temple the music is erire

One time I tried redoing the dungeon on Minecraft, it was creepy when I actually stood there for hours! listening to that
traumatizing creepy music!

Hmm...a dungeon I dislike in Zelda? I don't seem to be able to recall such a dungeon...oh wait yes I do. It's obviously...none. I loved them all. But if I had to pick one I was not fond of, it would be The Forbidden Woods in Wind Waker. Sure the item and gameplay of the dungeon was great, but the overall theme just didn't click for me. The enemies seemed easy and the weapon of the dungeon, boomerang, made them easier. The boss made me think too much of Barinade from Ocarina of Time.

I really hate the water temple and the great bay temple. Both were so frustrating and confusing to me. Like the great bay wasn't as bad because I could at least tell where I had been and where I had not been whereas in the OoT water temple you couldn't keep up where I had been and haven't been. Because it was every floor on top of each other. Great Bay was at least spread out. But both were still surprising.

I always hear so much hate towards the water temple in Ocarina of time. Personally, I don't think its all that bad. My least favorite Zelda dungeon had always been, and always will be, the great bay temple from majora's mask. I was wondering what dungeons the rest of you hate.
i dont like great bay temple and the water temple from ocarina of time 3d water temples suck.

Ugh Jabu Jabu's Belly! D:

I've only played Ocarina of Time 3D so far (but I plan to play more Zelda titles). I really hated the Forest Temple because of the Poe's that you gotta attack with your bow. Whenever I do another playthrough of Ocarina of Time 3D, I ALWAYS forget about those Poes, which makes me scratch my head wondering what I did wrong. The corridor's between rooms are annoying as well, especially the Skultulla one. I don't think the Water Temple was as bad as the Forest Temple.

Thats a hard choice. I think I'll go with the Ocarina of Time water temple. The dungeon itself was already confusing and there are many ways to go, but the worst thing was having to constantly change the water level. It wouldn't have been bad if you could have changed the water level everywhere but the fact that there was only ONE place to change to each water level, low medium and high, made it a hell of a chore to constantly backtrack just because that one chest needs another water level.

I know that this is somewhat cliche, but the only Zelda dungeon I have ever truly disliked was the Water Temple from the N64 Ocarina. The 3DS at least made it easier by adding a water level indicator on the inside of some of the rooms. The N64 version just tended to leave you lost in the dark in that regard.

Back