My favorite books are

Warriors by Erin Hunter
Maximum Ride by James Patterson
How to train you Dragon by Cressida Cowell
Scary Stories
Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence
The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
The house of many ways

The Harry Potter series will always be first and foremost my favorite book series. Close behind, I really love the Percy Jackson series's. I'm also a huge fan of Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Chronicles.

since im asian most books i read are Japanese light novel but im read some western book like davin ci code and harry potter too
the books i like is
1. the thief of baramos
2.harr potter series
3.heavy object light novel
4.to aru majatsu nk index or a certain magical index

one of them is thailand fantasy novel
and two of them is Japanese you can check two of them out here http://forum.3dspedia.com/blog/heavy-objects-light-novel-review.523/

http://forum.3dspedia.com/blog/the-thief-of-baramos-the-crown-of-the-heart-1st-chapter.501/

I haven't been reading much over the last few years but I'm getting back into it again. I mostly read fantasy novels and my two favorite series are:
The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series.

A few other books I really like are:
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The one hundred year old man who climbed out the window and disappeared by Jonas Jonasson
The Icarus Hunt by Timothy Zahn

@Spinnerweb R L Stine also wrote a book for an adult audience called Red Rain, it's worth giving a read.

Reactions: 18
So I finished Shadows by Shaun Hutson, and I've decided to never read any of his novels again. I guess he's OK as a horror writer, but when I've read three of his books they're all so predictable now. I can predict which character will turn out to be what, what will happen, and all that. The end of Shadows was pathetic, it was like Hutson really wanted to give it the standard 'ohnoes' horror ending but couldn't come up with anything so the main character gets killed just because. It's ridiculous. Not to mention that Shadows had the most interesting premise of all the Hutson novels I've read, yet it was completely abandoned halfway through.

I also never enjoyed the violence with babies. I actually stopped reading Spawn for several months because the first chapter has a boy set his baby brother on fire. It was a central point in Spawn, but they're monster-foetuses after that so it wasn't too bad. In Shadows though, he kills babies and children too much and too brutally. A horror writer, eh, but he can't make me laugh or be scared. Just nauseated. A scary story is no good if it doesn't have some funny parts, a teacher and Alice Cooper both taught me that.

Hutson tries too much to 'show not tell,' and uses too many similes and flowery phrases in his text. It gets boring. It gets grating. I have an imagination, thank you very much, just give me a few pointers and I'll let my mind construct the scene. The best writers (Tolkien, Rowling, Dahl) do that. Hutson, on the other hand, thinks he sounds smart saying stuff like, 'the sky was an ocean on the wrong side bla bla with the stars scattered like so many white diamonds bla bla and an aircraft's trail threaded through it like a black cobra... with GREEN SPOTS!"

I liked that he sometimes references rock bands (Scorpions, Black Sabbath, Dio, Iron Maiden) in his work, but he's not much better than an average Creepypasta writer.

@twilighthour1981 By the way, I'd recommend not reading Hutson (you said Lucy's Child is on your to-read list). He really isn't good.

Last edited:
Actually I really like to read but I find it hard to do so in the current days . I didn't really manage to get my hands on some of the famous games but I can say that I really like science fiction stories the most out of them all because it just gives a more excited feeling to me . I also like the others but this one is the best genre for me

Back