Link cannot be a girl.

• Thread starter patbacknitro
  • Start date
patbacknitro

patbacknitro

A C Class Youtuber
Towns Folk
Now many of you out their would love to see a female Link. I myself don't really think gender should matter aslong as the games AMAZING. We can all agree on that. But their is a major flaw in the zelda universe that will not allow them to ever switch genders. What is this flaw you ask, You may have guessed it. SKYWARD SWORD. In the end Demise cursed Link to forever be reborn as the hero. and the godess as well. Now since Zelda was a godess that would mean all of her reincarnations would have to be female. goddes being a female god. Ganondorf is just a rencarnation of Demises hatred. so Ganondorf will always stay the same as well. And Link being a male, will always rencarnate into a male. Had Demise never spoke of this curse for eternity then it would have been possible. But who honestly cares. what would you want. a crappy zelda with link as a female. Or just an AMAZING zelda game in general without the need to judge gender.

I see your valid point . I was thinking that too when I also heard something like this similar somewhere else . Besides at the fact that Link would really look weird as a female but then again it could be really fun to have one :D Like a extra character that was different from Link would be cool . But then again , not gonna happen :p

Who knows. im not saying im against it. But being the fan boy I am I just couldent acept that curse being thrown aside.

I definitely agree, Link can never be a girl in the Legend of Zelda. Why would he be, though? We all know him as the Hero of Time, and not the Heroine of Time :p (It would ruin pretty much everything)
And, it also makes sense, plot-wise.

Prince Zelda has been kidnapped and the Heroine of Time of must save him from the Evil depths of Ganondorfa.

...... wait what? :rotfl:

Last edited:
Reactions: GerudoWarrior
Link+_2d17d9e5f568274d7bcf4b0be81a8ed7.jpg

:hilarious:

They won't make Link a girl because of the impending backlash. I don't think the story will be too problematic, it doesn't always need to be a princess/prince rescue story :p Although that would go against Zelda tradition. Well... I guess the story won't be problemantic. Unless...

Anyone ever played Legend of Princess? It's a fangame in which Zelda decides that she's not gonna take it anymore :rotfl: Maybe Linkette has her own adventures.

I dunno, magic can go a long way xP

Zelda can transform into sheik, maybe link can do something to become linkette?

Allthough I would Accept it if Link had a gender switch, I would prefer Link to stay male. You have a valid point. I can see why gamers would want Link to be female though. But instead, why not add a secondstory With Zelda as a playable character? I think that is a better option, because a gender switch could cauuse confusion.

They actualy have made 2 zelda games where zelda stared as the main charecters. Those days were known as the dark days. I think we all remembered those days. The days we thought zelda was finaly ruined. The CD-I. Dont let history repeat itself

Nope, I agree tho, genders dont really matter as long as the gameplay is great! But personally, I think Link should stay as a boy, like common guys, he saves a princess for gods sake! He's a knight! a warrior! Not trying to create a rukus to femlae players, but i think ti would just ruin everything if you turned Link to a girl, its like turning Mario to a girl, never gonna happen, it would just lower sales and take the audience eyes away from the real thing that matters- The gameplay!, So dont worry too much about the gender but the amster piece of a game play! This is my opinion, and Im enjoyable reading everyone elses! But yup xD

its like turning Mario to a girl, never gonna happen

clearly you don't know the internet as well as you think you do. :meh:

There could be a game where maybe a past link( the hero) had a daughter but the hero link was killed in an unforeseen tradgey. (ambush by gannondorf or something) gannondorf tried taking the triforce of courage but the goddeses intervened and the triforce of courage was split all across the world and links daughter would have to find the triforce.

This would agree with the lore of skyward sword and work ok in my opinion. With a few tweaks like the daughter doesn't know Her parents or she stumbles across a triforce price and the goddeses tell her to find the others or something.

I'd support a female protagonist in zelda as long as they fit it into the zelda formula and it worked well

They actualy have made 2 zelda games where zelda stared as the main charecters. Those days were known as the dark days. I think we all remembered those days. The days we thought zelda was finaly ruined. The CD-I. Dont let history repeat itself

The dark days of cd-I zelda:coffee::vamp:

yes We all thought those were gonna be the best zeldas ever. Then look what we got. They pulled an action 52 comercial move on us lol. just kidding but I wouldent doubt it if they did. If you don't know action 52 was the biggest rip off in gameing history. watch the comercial then look at the gameplays of it. youll lol like crazy

There could be a game where maybe a past link( the hero) had a daughter but the hero link was killed in an unforeseen tradgey. (ambush by gannondorf or something) gannondorf tried taking the triforce of courage but the goddeses intervened and the triforce of courage was split all across the world and links daughter would have to find the triforce.

But no one else can wield the triforce pieces exept them themselves. look at hyrule warriors. Cia couldent keep the triforce like ganondorf because she was never chosen to wield it. Same thing with link and zelda. and the ambush couldent happen because links supposed to kill ganon at the end of every zelda. so how could he grow up to have a daughter before he defeats ganondorf. but even if you can explain that their is a HUUUUUGE flaw in your theory. look in every zelda game what does ganondorf do. he steals zeldas triforce piece. So he could steal links just as easy. infact he does steals links, remember windwaker he stole it and brought forth the triforce but the king touched it before ganon could. and same scenerio in hyrule warriors where cia took both links and zeldas triforce. So with that huge flaw links daughter would never be able to get her hands on the triforce.

But no one else can wield the triforce pieces exept them themselves. look at hyrule warriors. Cia couldent keep the triforce like ganondorf because she was never chosen to wield it. Same thing with link and zelda. and the ambush couldent happen because links supposed to kill ganon at the end of every zelda. so how could he grow up to have a daughter before he defeats ganondorf. but even if you can explain that their is a HUUUUUGE flaw in your theory. look in every zelda game what does ganondorf do. he steals zeldas triforce piece. So he could steal links just as easy. infact he does steals links, remember windwaker he stole it and brought forth the triforce but the king touched it before ganon could. and same scenerio in hyrule warriors where cia took both links and zeldas triforce. So with that huge flaw links daughter would never be able to get her hands on the triforce.
Spoilers!

I see your point there. But I guess it doesn't really matter that we won't be getting a female link. But then again I would really like to see how the stories would play out if Link was a girl. Also as @paceygym said, SPOILERS!!! You should have added that last bit of info in a spoiler bar.

Reactions: 3391
I would love Link to be a girl in one game, but I doubt it would happen. The designers have a genral design that works. Man in green with a funny hat. However, a game starring Zelda, Tetra, or even Impa would be fun to play. I loved Impa's playstyle in Hyrule Warriors, and Zelda is an obvious choice for a female playable character.

Actually this has happened before on Zelda the Ancient Stone Tablets. Where the player could choose their desired gender for link. But was only released in Japan on the snes.

Back