Hyrule Warriors Look at this before buying Hyrule Warriors for the old 3ds

• Thread starter TheSpiritedWarrior
  • Start date
I have a new 3DS but I think I'll still skip it anyway. I tried it on Wii U and it didn't seem to be my thing, so I'll pass on that Zelda spin off. It's a shame that it runs poorly on old 3Ds but it was to be expected at some point, to see discrepencies between old 3DS and N3DS, performance-wise.

I checked out the demo on my 2ds and I quite liked it. I had tried out Hyrule Warriors on my wii u and apart from graphics and frame rate I personally prefer the handheld edition, I really won't get a new 3ds until it has a good selection and they stop selling games on the regular 3ds but I admit the comparison is quite surprising. I'm also excited for the new characters and if I do get the game I'll probably make some playcoins selling that code anyway!

I checked out the demo on my 2ds and I quite liked it. I had tried out Hyrule Warriors on my wii u and apart from graphics and frame rate I personally prefer the handheld edition, I really won't get a new 3ds until it has a good selection and they stop selling games on the regular 3ds but I admit the comparison is quite surprising. I'm also excited for the new characters and if I do get the game I'll probably make some playcoins selling that code anyway!
How is the frame rate? My copy is (hopefully) coming in tomorrow, and I'm playing on 2ds.

I enjoyed the demo as seeing as it has limitations it felt more like a Zelda game than a hack and slash with link and zelda. The frame rate is noticeable but it doesn't stand out massively unless you've already played the Wii u version.

I might give the demo a try then. I guess I don't have anything to lose from trying the demo, right?

I've been playing the game for a few days now on my 2ds, and having beaten the legends mode, I'm pleasantly surprised. I haven't noticed any frame rate dips, and the amount of enemies isn't a problem for me. Of course it will look bad when you compare it to a superior version, but taken by itself, I can confirm it is perfectly playable and still fun on older systems

DANGIT! i knew i should've saved money for a wiiu...

Poorly? Define poorly please. (You're using opinion to describe your problem but left little to be understood.)

What are you even talking about? It's not my problem, I don't own the game myself I said it like twice, it's even in the post you quoted. From the very first post it's easy to assume that the game runs poorly. Why do you quote my post based on the choice of a single word? :confused:

Runs poorly: Bad performance, it's in my post as I talk about discrepencies performance-wise.

From IGN: "Most of this still holds true for Hyrule Warriors Legends, but the shoddy performance of this 3DS port makes it a lot less desirable, particularly when compared to the New 3DS version."

Destuctroid: "Having tested it on my spare launch [old] 3DS however, it's noticeably worse, to the point where I sincerely think Nintendo should have just made this a New 3DS exclusive. It's really, really bad, with sub 30fps performance and no option for 3D. It was so poor, I didn't even want to play through the first stage."

... I'm very sorry :( I'm still not entirely familiar with how to work 3DSpedia... (I didn't intend to cause you offence, I swear.)

(And I didn't even mention that you owned it, I just saw you had complaints in the game to make you say it was poor. And wondered why that was.)

I only got the Legends version on o3ds cuz that's really all I can afford xD but it does run pretty badly and anyone who says it runs just fine is either biased or conformist .-. Even music lags at some points

Just today i was planning on buying it for old 3ds lel too much lag and i prefer the wii u version all the way im just buying it for the windwaker characters because they are evil and they dont put windwaker characters on the wii u version, so eh im actually not playing trough this as i planned im just getting the windwaker stuff

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
Just today i was planning on buying it for old 3ds lel too much lag and i prefer the wii u version all the way im just buying it for the windwaker characters because they are evil and they dont put windwaker characters on the wii u version, so eh im actually not playing trough this as i planned im just getting the windwaker stuff
Better yet, get a N3DS, it's far, far better :D

i wasn't gonna get it anyway :(

Better yet, get a N3DS, it's far, far better :D
I had an N3DS the triforce one, i just lost it in my house and cant find it just like many other games but idk they just are in my house or someone stole em

I had an N3DS the triforce one, i just lost it in my house and cant find it just like many other games but idk they just are in my house or someone stole em
Dang :/

Well, as a sad o3ds user myself, it's not really worth it to get the game without the n3ds, it's just plain bad.

Thank you so much for posting this. If only I had seen this before...well...my own tragic purchase of this for my old 3DS. It almost doesn't work and in my opinion, it should not be advertised as "working" on the old 3ds, as it crawls along, often dropping to near 10 fps level rates...

Wow, I had no idea it looked that bad on the old Nintendo 3DS. I’ve had a New Nintendo 3DS XL since the day it launched, so when I first got this game, I was amazed at how smoothly it ran (except when you turned 3D mode on, in which it made the game drop to two frames per second). I guess I never really experienced this game on old 3DS, cause it was a download. Good thing I had a new model! :p

Back