lower price

• Thread starter pokemon wiz kid
  • Start date
pokemon wiz kid

pokemon wiz kid

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Do you think the price for the nintendo game cards is low enough or has to be lower? in my opinion i think that it has to be just a little lower because my mom and dad got suprised when i told them i wanted a game for 40 bucks its okay if you dont agree with me because we are all different

Retails games are usually within that price range, though a few are higher and lower :p
I think it's a fine price when it comes to the eShop because Nintendo does have to make money. Games may be more expensive when it comes to actual retail stores locally.

My parents are always surprised at the price of games xD

im pretty used to the $40 3ds games. i can sometimes afford that. but wii and wii u games? i'd say those ones are a bit staggering. i just cant do that....i personally prefer eshop-exclusives that are cheaper than mainstream retail games, cuz i can still enjoy those without killing my funds on just 1 game (usually).

I think that the prices are a bit too high. I mean come on, 40 pounds (not talking about dollars) for a 3ds game? A bit overpriced, now I know that Nintendo has to make some money but some Microsoft games cost around 25-30 pounds if I'm not mistaken, last game I bought was Zoo Tycoon 2 for 20 pounds and it was around 6-7-8 years ago, so I don't actually know prices of today pc games. But my point is that 40 pounds for a game is a little bit too much and my parents would probably kill me if they knew I had one such game >.<

I think that the prices are a bit too high. I mean come on, 40 pounds (not talking about dollars) for a 3ds game? A bit overpriced, now I know that Nintendo has to make some money but some Microsoft games cost around 25-30 pounds if I'm not mistaken, last game I bought was Zoo Tycoon 2 for 20 pounds and it was around 6-7-8 years ago, so I don't actually know prices of today pc games. But my point is that 40 pounds for a game is a little bit too much and my parents would probably kill me if they knew I had one such game >.<

i dont understand why... i mean, why should they care how you spend your money? i mean, its yours; its not like you're using a bunch of theirs or anything.... i've always spent my money on whatever i want as long as i can spare it. i dont care what anybody says about how i spend my money. i never understood why the frik so many parents think they can tell their kids how to spend their own money, when what they spend it on is completely irrelevant to the parents. i mean, seriously, though....wtf.

i dont understand why... i mean, why should they care how you spend your money? i mean, its yours; its not like you're using a bunch of theirs or anything.... i've always spent my money on whatever i want as long as i can spare it. i dont care what anybody says about how i spend my money. i never understood why the frik so many parents think they can tell their kids how to spend their own money, when what they spend it on is completely irrelevant to the parents. i mean, seriously, though....wtf.
because I have to pay 900 pounds for academy entry fee and although they already know they will have to pay most of it, they would still be mad if they found out I was spending some money on some games instead of saving my money for academy >.>

because I have to pay 900 pounds for academy entry fee and although they already know they will have to pay most of it, they would still be mad if they found out I was spending some money on some games instead of saving my money for academy >.>

ah, i see....still peachy on their part, though. at least thats what i think.... my mother was strict when she raised me, but she was also very friendly and liked to fulfill my desires as much as she could. and she hasnt changed, even now. ^^

I think (as far as US Currency is concerned) that the prices are just fine. I get paid like $25 each weekend I go to work, so affording games isn't the biggest issue on my part. If you think about it, a typical console/handheld game is around $50-$60 whereas for the 3DS games are $40, and loads of fun too imo. Plus (coming from a business magnet) you gotta understand how fluctuations in prices can affect your profit and sales, which Nintendo is probably doing well having 3DS games listed at $40, it catches the eye of people that want something fun to play, and it's a fair price for them to make a profit after hitting a certain quantity Q of sales.

In the end, parents think videogames are overpriced~

I think (as far as US Currency is concerned) that the prices are just fine. I get paid like $25 each weekend I go to work, so affording games isn't the biggest issue on my part. If you think about it, a typical console/handheld game is around $50-$60 whereas for the 3DS games are $40, and loads of fun too imo. Plus (coming from a business magnet) you gotta understand how fluctuations in prices can affect your profit and sales, which Nintendo is probably doing well having 3DS games listed at $40, it catches the eye of people that want something fun to play, and it's a fair price for them to make a profit after hitting a certain quantity Q of sales.

In the end, parents think videogames are overpriced~

well my mother didnt seem to care...still doesnt. she usually gets me like 1 game on my birthday, on christmas, easter and so forth. and she always is spot-on my tastes. im probably just lucky though, considering how a lot of kids here say about their parents and buying games.

well my mother didnt seem to care...still doesnt. she usually gets me like 1 game on my birthday, on christmas, easter and so forth. and she always is spot-on my tastes. im probably just lucky though, considering how a lot of kids here say about their parents and buying games.
Not all cases are the same, as you have just proven.
My parents, I'd rather not go there lol.
If they came to realize how many games I bought without them knowing I'd probably be dead right now...

Reactions: Kadaj and Livada
If they came to realize how many games I bought without them knowing I'd probably be dead right now...
I bought just one game and I would still be dead if they knew XD so I simply said I borowed the game and the 3ds from a friend :p

Reactions: Kadaj
I bought just one game and I would still be dead if they knew XD so I simply said borowed the game and the 3ds from a friend :p
I got Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and since they already knew about X I just played it off as if it were X :p

Reactions: Livada

oh wow, lol. ^^ but hey, you do what you can to get by. and i see nothing wrong with that, especially since its your money.

oh wow, lol. ^^ but hey, you do what you can to get by. and i see nothing wrong with that, especially since its your money.
Yea, they're more concerned with the aspect of me not paying attention to my schoolwork, but I get that taken care of before I do anything else so it's all good :3

Yea, they're more concerned with the aspect of me not paying attention to my schoolwork, but I get that taken care of before I do anything else so it's all good :3

i see. that wasnt an issue for me either; i actually worked very, very hard in school. i was one of the best (not trying to brag, though. being honest)....and i strived to remain in that position, because i wanted to make my mother proud. especially since she was so good to me.

I think they are a bit high in the eShop ($40 USD for the top titles) but where i am its close to double the price for carts x.x
I know the devs and nintendo have to make money though, cant feed a stomach on hopes and dreams. Best bet I figure is to wait until certain games go on sale (if you can wait) or plan up with friends and buy carts and trade them around with each other ;D

I think the price of retail games are fine. As long as they don't have a large amount of disc-locked content ;~; It also depends on the game. A game with a lot of content is definitely worth $40 whereas one with less content shouldn't be priced so high. Most games are still priced at $40 so I would say the ones that have a lot of content are worth it.

For example, Animal Crossing New Leaf is worth it, whereas Mario Party Island tour may be lacking. >.<

40 buckaroonies is the perfect price for popular/relatively new 3DS games. If you can't afford them as they are, there's a possibility that the game you want will either go on sale or experience a price-drop eventually. :p

For example, Animal Crossing New Leaf is worth it, whereas Mario Party Island tour may be lacking. >.<
Island Tour is lacking so much content compared to Mario Party DS. Only reason to buy MP:IT is to play all of the mini-games and modes at least once, and not even that is satisfying. :/

Making these games isn't free either, they have to get back their money somehow. I think the current prices are high, but they are fair when you think about the work that has been put in their, and how much it costs to make a game.

Just be glad you're not in Canada, prices got bumped pretty high here...

The games in my opinion are worth the price, but I don't make money of my own because I'm still a kid, and my parents dont always let me buy games, but the majority of buyers aren't lime this despite Nintendo trying to have a mainly kids audience. I wouldnt mind them being cheaper lol

Back