Mario Golf World Tour

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
This is a game that I haven't heard about for a while now. The last time I heard about it was when its release got delayed. See some gameplay from the Nintendo Direct footage below:

Tbh, the Mario Tennis game sounds a bit more fun (maybe I'm a bigger tennis fan than a golf one).

What are your thoughts?

I've been curious about this one myself. Truthfully, as much as I love my 3DS, I'm hoping the game might have been quietly moved to Wii U. I'd prefer the option to use the wiimote.

Reactions: BjFauble
I've never really played a Mario Golf game (with the exception of a few minutes of the GBC version I got from Club Nintendo) but this one definitely does look interesting and I'll probably download it if I have enough money.

I wonder why it got delayed, though. It was supposed to come out last July.

I love games that you can play online! This looks pretty good. I mean, Mario is no Tiger Woods but I am willing to take on the world. Nobody can stop Chief Keef!

Reactions: Marc
I'm glad to see this finally has a release date. It was fun watching Iwata's Mii hit the links in the Nintendo Direct. Hopefully this is better received than Mario's 3DS Tennis outing, which seemed a bit lukewarm.

Reactions: BjFauble
I'd agree in that Mario Tennis sounds more interesting than this one. I mean, it's a more competitive multiplayer game in a way. With that said, this game doesn't look half bad

Another great game to my collection of Mario Games :D

i dont really like this game but its another great game of mario :) like lucristi says

Three new courses have been revealed :

Bowser's Castle :

630x.jpg

DK Jungle :

630x.jpg

Sky Island :

630x.jpg

We're also getting a demo for the game (download via eShop) :
  • North America - April 24th
  • Europe - April 17th (already available)
The online tournaments also sound interesting. I read somewhere that we can set up our own public or private community tournaments, which sounds amazing IMO.

Three new courses have been revealed :

Bowser's Castle :

630x.jpg

DK Jungle :

630x.jpg

Sky Island :

630x.jpg

We're also getting a demo for the game (download via eShop) :
  • North America - April 24th
  • Europe - April 17th (already available)
The online tournaments also sound interesting. I read somewhere that we can set up our own public or private community tournaments, which sounds amazing IMO.
I never knew this game had online play, I'm kinda interested now, these courses look amazing, and I like that this game is getting an eShop demo, I'll surely try it out, but I won't get it on day one, I'll wait for it to get a discount/permanent price reduction (like Super Mario 3D Land).

I never knew this game had online play, I'm kinda interested now, these courses look amazing, and I like that this game is getting an eShop demo, I'll surely try it out, but I won't get it on day one, I'll wait for it to get a discount/permanent price reduction (like Super Mario 3D Land).

I don't think there will be a discount/permanent price reduction, unless you want to wait two years...
I'm not sure about DLC, but it's kinda logic they will release the first one for free for limited time. It will be a course or a character? Maybe special clothing for the Mii?

New UK advertisement.
I don't think there will be a discount/permanent price reduction, unless you want to wait two years...
I'm not sure about DLC, but it's kinda logic they will release the first one for free for limited time. It will be a course or a character? Maybe special clothing for the Mii?
Well, I'll end up waiting two years then (if I am not 100% sure on the game). This is the DLC announcement thread, which I think they did a fantastic job with.​

Can't wait for this game. In the US it will only cost $30, which is quite cheap for a game. Granted, the DLC does cost $15 more, but doubles the number of courses available. I think Nintendo doing this was a great idea. It lowered the game's price for people with a close budget or who are on the edge of paying full price ($40) for the game, but also gives others the chance to expand it by basically paying the price of any regular 3ds game.

I played a little the demo...
So far it's one of the best looking game for 3DS but it doesn't feel as a Nintendo game for some reason...

The graphics are great but it's a bit boring if you ask me and I don't recomend buying it

Can't wait for this game. In the US it will only cost $30, which is quite cheap for a game. Granted, the DLC does cost $15 more, but doubles the number of courses available. I think Nintendo doing this was a great idea. It lowered the game's price for people with a close budget or who are on the edge of paying full price ($40) for the game, but also gives others the chance to expand it by basically paying the price of any regular 3ds game.
I agree, I'm elated that they weren't blunt, and made the game $40, which would have been horrible, to those who were interested in the DLC (like me), I had a feeling that it would've been around that price though, I bet tons of fans are interested in this fantastic DLC lineup now.
I played a little the demo...
So far it's one of the best looking game for 3DS but it doesn't feel as a Nintendo game for some reason...
It looks beautiful, and what do you mean it doesn't feel like a Nintendo game for some reason, I think it feels the same like how the other Mario Golf games are.
The graphics are great but it's a bit boring if you ask me and I don't recomend buying it
Yeah, games like these are boring, unless you're playing online, or with a friend locally, even though it's a bit boring, I think it's a given, because it's a Golf game.

The reviews are in, and these are what they said about the game:
8.6 IGN:
IGN said:
You don’t have to be a hardcore golf fan to get hooked on Mario Golf: World Tour. It rewards good play, gives plenty to do, and is a great teacher. Its incremental approach to challenge kept me coming back to test myself, and the post-game challenges and multiplayer modes inspired me to play in new ways even after I thought I was a pro.
8.5 Destructoid:
Destructoid said:
It has been worth the wait, as Mario Golf: World Tour took that next step and brought us an outstanding online golf experience. The learning curve is steep, and there are some issues with the camera and aiming control, but working through them is worth it as the online play is outstanding.
8.3 Gaming Age:
Gaming Age said:
Not short on content, delivering a robust Mario Golf experience, and implementing the Mii character in the Castle Club mode lay down the groundwork for what could be the most complete Mario Golf experience so far. Whether or not that's your cup of 'tee' is up to you, but I've found a decent bit of distraction from my normal Hot Shots hold.
Metacritic gave it an overall 77 Metascore.

I wasn't expecting it to get so much favorable reviews, I'm really interested in this game now, let me know what you think about some of these scores.

It looks beautiful, and what do you mean it doesn't feel like a Nintendo game for some reason, I think it feels the same like how the other Mario Golf games are.

I have the GBA version of the game on my 3DS, reason I feel that :p

Oh? Well yeah, I guess that some franchises evolve and improve, I think that feeling, is probably just experiencing something new from Nintendo, like the improved the "Mario Golf" series so well that it feels different compare to other "Mario Golf" games.

Oh? Well yeah, I guess that some franchises evolve and improve, I think that feeling, is probably just experiencing something new from Nintendo, like the improved the "Mario Golf" series so well that it feels different compare to other "Mario Golf" games.

I hope they won't use the Day 1 DLC again. I don't want them to sell incomplete games...

I hope they won't use the Day 1 DLC again. I don't want them to sell incomplete games...
I doubt they will though, watching some of the images, it seems that they fit $30 worth in courses in characters in the game, that will be sufficient enough, if the game is fully dependent on DLC then I won't get it, for sure!

Back