Mario Kart MARIO KART 8 DLC CONFIRMED

• Thread starter Magitroopa
  • Start date
Wow, I wasn't expecting this. :nailbiting: When DLC were confirmed I thought that it'll just be some new karts, tracks etc... But not this, first of all, those Animal Crossing/F-Zero stages looks EPIC, and I love these new characters that they announced.

I honestly don't mind the new character/stages "disturbing" the Mario Kart vibe. This is a first in the series (I believe), and I see great things branching out from here, I'm glad the're taking this route with the Mario Kart franchise, I'm sure people were getting bored of the same track ideas, being solely Mario/DK based and I feel like Nintendo felt like they wanted a change. I dislike DLC, but I think in the future Mario Kart games, character like Animal Crossing (Villager), Link etc. would be available in the game (without the DLC), I just hope Nintendo don't get too consumed with thinking that there buyers love DLC, then they'll start giving less content in the games, and then fans will complain about the abundant amount of DLC, and say "Nintendo is milking us of money"... So yeah, great idea, I love it so far, just hope Nintendo don't overdo it! :)

DLC is pretty cool but adding characters from other IPs first before adding other characters from the Mario IP kinda troubles me. I'd love to see more guys like Professor E. Gadd and maybe someone from M&L: Dream Team Bros.

Every game has it's "awkward" one. Here are a few I think are "awkward" characters:

Mario Kart Wii: Funky Kong
Mario Kart 7: Honey Queen, Wiggler
Mario Kart 8: PGP (Pink Gold Peach), Baby Rosalina
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: R.O.B

To be honest, I don't think Link will be one of those sort of characters, I mean, he is just DLC... It's not like he came with the game when you first get it. And also, if you think Link is one of those characters, then I guess you will consider Isabelle and Villager to be one of those characters as well???

Among the people who download the DLC, Link will most likely be the next Funky Kong or Metal Mario, is that better? I specifically said the first dlc of the two, not the second. Isabelle and Villager have nothing to do with the first dlc.

like, whoever came up with this DLC is a god, i mean, they know what my 2 favourite nintendo games are AND PUT IT IN MY FAVOURITE GAME! now if only they add Pokemon DLC :p

Reactions: georgepross
I love the idea of the DLC and I will be buying it next month as a preorder type thing (After Hyrule Warriors).
What I don't like is how Americans get it cheaper than British (other European countries are available) people. $7 as well as being £7 which brings the $7 is around £4. When buying both it's $11 which is around £7 so Americans get both for the same price of British people, such as myself, getting one. Well done nintendo for treating the different areas equally (even though the price difference annoys me I'm still buying it.)
Oh and Epona better be a bike like Yoshi, just because it would be funny :p

Reactions: Rocky
I am loving the different colored Yoshis and Shy Guys! It's a nice appetizer to the upcoming meals. However, I might get hungry again soon, so hopefully it doesn't feel like an eternity for the real meal to come!

Reactions: Rocky
I am loving the different colored Yoshis and Shy Guys! It's a nice appetizer to the upcoming meals. However, I might get hungry again soon, so hopefully it doesn't feel like an eternity for the real meal to come!
Hopefully we'll get different coloured toads an koopas too!

Reactions: 423
Hopefully we'll get different coloured toads an koopas too!

That would be even more amazing! Not too long before the release of Mario Kart 8 (not sure if it was on 3dspedia), I predicted that there would be different colored Yoshis and Toads. I was half right in the long run lol. @BjFauble can attest to this. :p

Reactions: Rocky and BjFauble
That's nice at least mario kart 8 players have something new to look forward to even though it's not free stuff.

Holy crap! My dream has come true!!!!! Link as a playable character isn Mario kart has always been my biggest desire for the series! And now its coming true!!!! I am like the happiest gamer in this forum!!! ;D

I think it would also be cool if they took multiple people from the legend of Zelda series and made them part of Mario kart. For instance, a goron, a zora, a gerudo, the deku guys i cant remember the name of, Zelda, Shiek, and maybe even Ganon.

I think it would also be cool if they took multiple people from the legend of Zelda series and made them part of Mario kart. For instance, a goron, a zora, a gerudo, the deku guys i cant remember the name of, Zelda, Shiek, and maybe even Ganon.
I don't know. I think that would be taking things too far :cat: I can def see Deku Link in the game. I feel after the Animal Crossing DLC, if they decide to create more, that Kirby will be the next series to be featured. I mean, Kirby, King DeeDee and Metal Knight fit perfectly with the game!

Snip snippity snip.

I got both and played as Yellow Yoshi. My favorite color.
I wonder if they'll add multi-colored Koopa Troopas, or perhaps even different variations of Link, such as Twilight Princess Link and Zelda Wii U Link. I think Zelda Wii U Link would make a great DLC character for the next Mario soccer game.

As much as I want to get this, I would rather wait until I have enough Nintendo cash to get both DLC because I already splurged most of it on the Super Mario 3D World sale on Nintendo eShop and I really wanna race as Cat Peach or one of the different Yoshis or even Isabelle.

This.
Is.
Amazing.
I can not wait for these to come out, I've pre-ordered both and anxiously await them to come. I really like how they're adding characters from other series, like link and Animal Crossing things. I haven't looked into what courses are coming out, or the karts, other than Captain Falcons ship, but I want to go to the Legend of Zelda cup so much. o3o

When i heard this announcement of DLC packs having Link,Villager and Isabelle joining Mario Kart 8, I was excited and for sure i will buy it when i get my Wii U later this year. To be honest i always wanted a Smash Kart where all Characters from different Nintendo games race against each other. That would be a Awesome racing game, you just have to be creative when making one :)

Bump.
mario_kart_8_link.png

Master Cycle confirmed as one of the DLC bikes. The best part about this is that it looks like a horse/Epona and it has the shield on the side.

Reactions: Magitroopa
@SuperMii3D Wow, I didn't notice that! This makes me really want to have a Wii U and Mario Kart 8 in my possession. I mean, who wouldn't want to play as Link in a Mario game? I know I would!

@SuperMii3D Wow, I didn't notice that! This makes me really want to have a Wii U and Mario Kart 8 in my possession. I mean, who wouldn't want to play as Link in a Mario game? I know I would!
Oh, do you know about the full dlc? They have many characters that will be added to the Mario Kart 8, as well as some cross-over tracks

I would honestly love to play as villager and link in Mario kart 8

Reactions: aiddenXDnew
Back