Mario Party: Island Tour

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Is anyone planning to get Mario Party: Island Tour? The game will be available for the Nintendo 3DS on November 22nd, 2013. I haven't checked out its gameplay trailer (if there's any) but the box art looks cool IMO.

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Totakeke
I'm not interested in this game.

But I think I shared a trailer somewhere...
Well, here is some gameplay:

After watching that trailer, I've decided to skip this game.

Reactions: ErixSan
Yeah, I'll have to skip it also, Not really such a fan of games like that.

This game should have online multiplayer. I'm not interested in it because I don't like Party Games on portable consoles, unless it had online multiplayer. Nintendo has confirmed that it doesn't have it so I'll wait for Mario Party 10 on Wii U. :p

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx, Kryce and Marc
It's releasing on my birthday. :p

Nah, not interested. I wasn't ever a huge fan of the Mario Party games and this one doesn't look very appealing to me.

Reactions: Reece and Marc

Here is the Teaser for it, looks great and all but still won't get it.

I'm not going to be getting this game. It looks pretty fun, but I'm just not really into Mario Party anymore. And on top of that, it doesn't have online multiplayer, which is why I think the game won't have any replayability value unless you have a friend or someone to play with you.

I'm not going to be getting this game. It looks pretty fun, but I'm just not really into Mario Party anymore. And on top of that, it doesn't have online multiplayer, which is why I think the game won't have any replayability value unless you have a friend or something to play with you.
Yeah, if they had online play, I think the game will sell better, the game will be kinda enjoyable with online feature, I think, better than the local play, because not everyone have people who can play local with them

Another update: It's looks like this game will be released first in NA region, later on JP region and last EU region.

Also I think the online multiplayer will be exclusive for Wii U, because you can found your friend to play (This game have full Download Play function)

Another update: It's looks like this game will be released first in NA region, later on JP region and last EU region.

Also I think the online multiplayer will be exclusive for Wii U, because you can found your friend to play (This game have full Download Play function)
The only way I will buy the 3DS version is if it had online play

The only way I will buy the 3DS version is if it had online play
Well yeah if there is an online feature it would not be boring , but playing beside your friends or either your family is much more fun then playing online with other people.

It looks as good as mario party DS, I really enjoyed that game even if I never played it multiplayer :oops:
there is a low chance that I'll get it. and for the online feature it's a bummer at least they could include online play just for the minigames .

My cousin got this on release day. They changed all the boards, none of them are the traditional whoever gets the most stars wins. So party mode isn't that fun anymore, and it's more luck based. The mini games, for the most part, are a lot of fun. (I'm not a huge fan of the ones that utilize gyro controls.)

If the game had just one classic board (and you had people to play with locally), I think it would be worth the buy. However, since it lacks that, I don't think I'll be picking it up.

edit: It's worth mentioning that if you have one friend with the game, then you have literally all the multiplayer functions available to you through 3DS download play.

If the game had just one classic board (and you had people to play with locally), I think it would be worth the buy. However, since it lacks that, I don't think I'll be picking it up.
what ? no classic board :( then it's just as desapointing as Mario party 9. I think I'll pass on that and wait for the wii u version to not desapoint me !

what ? no classic board :( then it's just as desapointing as Mario party 9. I think I'll pass on that and wait for the wii u version to not desapoint me !

Right? I hope Nintendo includes at least one classic board on the WiiU version, whenever that comes out.

A friend of mine is going to buy it. We used to play Mario Party DS a lot :)

As I have seen on the net, the game got a mitigated reception. (With IGN even giving it a 8/20).

A lot of mixed reviews and imo the console Mario Party games end up being better than the handhelds and this is no exception to that.

Also, I think IGN actually gave it a 5.5/10

A lot of mixed reviews and imo the console Mario Party games end up being better than the handhelds and this is no exception to that.

Also, I think IGN actually gave it a 5.5/10
Dang it, I was hoping that it would have done better then again it's IGN which brings biased reviews, the game looks fun, but yeah, I don't think handheld could bring the fun as console.

Back