Mario Party: Island Tour

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Dang it, I was hoping that it would have done better then again it's IGN which brings biased reviews, the game looks fun, but yeah, I don't think handheld could bring the fun as console.
it's not just IGN that's giving bad reviews though. I mean, the average Metacritic gave was something like 66, so it'd have to be more than just IGN doing it..

it's not just IGN that's giving bad reviews though. I mean, the average Metacritic gave was something like 66, so it'd have to be more than just IGN doing it..
But I thought it was supposed to be fun, I'm going to get the game when I have the money lol even though it does not seem to be rated that good :L

But I thought it was supposed to be fun, I'm going to get the game when I have the money lol even though it does not seem to be rated that good :L
I'd doubt that the amount of fun with this game could compare to a console Mario Party game honestly. The console ones are the ones that are really fun to play

it is a bit boring, the minigames on some are not every round and they did remove fun features, they are more like races instead of what a mario party should be, but still just give it some slack, the fun may not be there but the potential is. that's what I think

And I have heard that it mainly use the Circle Pad + one button only. And still no Network Mode !
As for the reviews, I quoted from here : (Be careful, it's in French) : Click Here to go to the page.

EDIT: I failed for the reviews, you were right, IGN gave a 5.5/10. (I will look better next time !)

I want to get it i have played almost all the other mario party games. and if this one is not so good than whatever i am still a collector and i will get it to have fun and to also complete my collection. anyone else play all the mario party games?

I want to get it i have played almost all the other mario party games. and if this one is not so good than whatever i am still a collector and i will get it to have fun and to also complete my collection. anyone else play all the mario party games?
I haven't played all the Mario Party games; I've only played a couple. Honestly, it's some of the older ones (like Gamecube) that really stood out for me

I'm getting it for Christmas, if not sooner.

I buy everything major on 3DS. So I have to.

I'm getting it for Christmas, if not sooner.

I buy everything major on 3DS. So I have to.
lol same basically. Though this Mario Party doesn't look too bad. I always look forward to the new minigames, and the new short boards will put a new twist on the game that will be interesting to play.

Portable games aren't usually meant to be played for long amounts of time, so I can understand why the boards are short.

lol same basically. Though this Mario Party doesn't look too bad. I always look forward to the new minigames, and the new short boards will put a new twist on the game that will be interesting to play.

Portable games aren't usually meant to be played for long amounts of time, so I can understand why the boards are short.
Well, just be warned that this title has received lower reviews compared to past Mario Party games in the series. So just keep that in mind when you're choosing to get this game

Well, just be warned that this title has received lower reviews compared to past Mario Party games in the series. So just keep that in mind when you're choosing to get this game
All Mario Parties have been going down hill since MP5, so I don't expect much from them. They are still fun though.

All Mario Parties have been going down hill since MP5, so I don't expect much from them. They are still fun though.
yeah, pretty much. Although I disagree to an extent because I think Mario Party 6 was a good one too. The whole night and day concept was a really cool addition to the board

I read about it and I've seen a preview of it and its really a good game, but it doesn't have online play and you can only play multiplayer with people who has the same game. I thought about getting mario party island tour, but since this game doesn't have online play I'm not going to get it.

I did plan to get it for some time, but after a while I just dumped the idea. I never really have to the time to get some of these games. My first priority for games right now is Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.

Mario Party: Island Tour is extremely lacking in content. The mini-games aren't that good either. I don't even know why I skateboarded to Walmart just to buy this game. However, the only good thing about this game is its replay value. Nothing else.

Mario party is good and nice and I really want it plus you could play and link with your friends but I hope when my sis comes back from the states she brings some games for me and I know she will at least bring something for me if not the games then something else.

Back