Marth will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Yes! It has been confirmed today. Marth will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. I'm not really surprised - http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/marth.html

daily.jpg

What are your thoughts?

Not really surprised either, I mostly play with Ike other than Marth in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but I am glad that he was announced, representing Fire Emblem :)

I was hoping for Lucina, but Marth is okay, too.

I was hoping for Lucina, but Marth is okay, too.
I was hoping for Chrom.

PS: This pic looks weird animated.
screen-7.jpg

I was hoping for Chrom.

PS: This pic looks weird animated.
screen-7.jpg
Yes. The way Marth slashes Mega Man is somehow weird. His sword movement, and his jump... Also Mega Man's position.
Anyway, both Marth and Mega Man's appearance ensure me to have this game.

I would've preffered Ike in my opinion.
Marth's okay but at least we have a representative.

I would've preffered Ike in my opinion.
Marth's okay but at least we have a representative.
Reason they wouldn't have added Ike is because there's a more recent Fire Emblem character now (Chrom). Marth is kind of a mascot for the franchise because he's been in all the SSB games since Melee AND was the main character in the very first Fire Emblem game.

Reason they wouldn't have added Ike is because there's a more recent Fire Emblem character now (Chrom). Marth is kind of a mascot for the franchise because he's been in all the SSB games since Melee AND was the main character in the very first Fire Emblem game.
I wanted Ike also, but I understand the reasons why he isn't a representative here.

I wanted Ike also, but I understand the reasons why he isn't a representative here.
Yeah....I guess this means we won't have Ike's version of Aether in the next Smash Bro. :p But hey, I bet Aether could be Chrom's final smash.

Reactions: Reece
I don't know how I feel about this . :p I know Fire Emblem is a popular franchise in Japan, but I think they shouldn't put so many characters from a single franchise. They should add characters from Awakening , and remove others (maybe except Ike)

He looks so cool! I'm hoping that Chrom gets announced soon. I know he will be in the game.

He looks so cool! I'm hoping that Chrom gets announced soon. I know he will be in the game.

Also Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem will help it.
Shin Megami Tensei IV and Fire Emblem Awakening are the most important characters on the trailer.

I don't know how I feel about this . :p I know Fire Emblem is a popular franchise in Japan, but I think they shouldn't put so many characters from a single franchise. They should add characters from Awakening , and remove others (maybe except Ike)
It depends on which market they are targeting. Just like when you play PxZ and ask yourself, "Who's this character?" and so on. If it's Japan market, old FE characters will most likely pop out.

Also Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem will help it.
Shin Megami Tensei IV and Fire Emblem Awakening are the most important characters on the trailer.
I sure hope that Crom gets announced to, it would make the roster better :)

I sure hope that Crom gets announced to, it would make the roster better :)
lol Chrom is all but confirmed at this point. I mean Arena Ferox is a stage in this game! Could it get any more obvious?

lol Chrom is all but confirmed at this point. I mean Arena Ferox is a stage in this game! Could it get any more obvious?

The stage of the game doesn't mind the character. But yeah, it's a little obvious.

The stage of the game doesn't mind the character. But yeah, it's a little obvious.
Yeah, that's true. But in both Melee and Brawl there were TWO Fire Emblem characters. Marth is obviously one, which leaves another spot for...? I wonder if Lucina will be available in the game, like perhaps as an Assist Trophy?

I guess Chrom. Or Lucina (but she wears the same outfit with Marth, so it would be boring)...

I guess Chrom. Or Lucina (but she wears the same outfit with Marth, so it would be boring)...
Lucina is an epic character lol I mean, in many playthroughs she ends up being a lot better than Chrom. So what if she wears the same outfit :p

Lucina is an epic character lol I mean, in many playthroughs she ends up being a lot better than Chrom. So what if she wears the same outfit :p
Yes, her base stats are better than Chrom.
I mean, that would be boring, since you have two characters wearing same outfit (but different fighting style) XD

Back