Mega Kangaskhan...

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So...Mega Kangaskhan. Doesn't it have an ability that lets it attack twice? How OP is it in battle?

So...Mega Kangaskhan. Doesn't it have an ability that lets it attack twice? How OP is it in battle?

I think I already have the stone but I actually don't use mega evolution so much.
But I don't think about the attack twice, unless it's the move function (two low attacks instead of a medium one)

Yes it does attack twice but the second attack does 50% damage of the first attack. Still, it's a pretty good ability and there are numerous strategies that could work great with it. It's not OP though.

Yes it does attack twice but the second attack does 50% damage of the first attack. Still, it's a pretty good ability and there are numerous strategies that could work great with it. It's not OP though.
Yeah, agreed that it's great. I mean that's basically 1.5x the attack right? So that basically guarantees "STAB" for all moves and has "STAB" for STAB if you get what I mean

It would be partially over powered :) so yes it is not that over powered still a good pokemon to have in a team though !

I would want a mega Kangaskhan. It double move sounds awesome, I'll get it soon and try it out. I actually got one from the GTS, so nevermind.

How OP is it in battle?
Yeah, agreed that it's great. I mean that's basically 1.5x the attack right? So that basically guarantees "STAB" for all moves and has "STAB" for STAB if you get what I mean
I'm running a "perfect" with 252 HP and 252 ATK (it's common) and I have to say that it works really well from the battles she fought. Ghost-type Pokemon laugh at her when she loses Scrappy but when I teach her Crunch, :hungry:

I personally like Fake Out for known reasons. I'm thinking about dropping Power-Up Punch because I'll need Sucker Punch for the faster Pokemon (Fake Out + Normal-type move for known stat-boosters expecting a sucker punch + Sucker punch when they're ready to attack because they're scared of another 1.5x Normal-type move).

I was thinking about teaching the physical Kang flamethrower for a sec but I decided not to because it's Adamant nature, 0 IVs in SP ATK and I might need to use 2-3 to finish off a HP-SPdef Ferrothorn (not sure but remember 1.5x).

If your team works well with her, she can be very dangerous.

I personally like Fake Out for known reasons. I'm thinking about dropping Power-Up Punch because I'll need Sucker Punch for the faster Pokemon (Fake Out + Normal-type move for known stat-boosters expecting a sucker punch + Sucker punch when they're ready to attack because they're scared of another 1.5x Normal-type move).
the Fake out+Sucker punch strategie sounds overpowered o_O

the Fake out+Sucker punch strategie sounds overpowered o_O
It's not that overpowered if the opponent predicts it. They could take the time to inflict a status move instead or create a sub.

Oh , so if the strategy does not work , mega Kangashan will get damaged when the opponent figured out the strategy ?

Oh , so if the strategy does not work , mega Kangashan will get damaged when the opponent figured out the strategy ?
ummm more like if Mega Kangaskhan decides to use that strategy and it's predicted it could cause problems. Not necessarily damage problems. Mega Kangaskhan has plenty of other options though

ummm more like if Mega Kangaskhan decides to use that strategy and it's predicted it could cause problems. Not necessarily damage problems. Mega Kangaskhan has plenty of other options though
So it's best to increase it's stats for his health I guess :) so that it won't die easily and it will be like a tank with lots of hp.

So it's best to increase it's stats for his health I guess :) so that it won't die easily and it will be like a tank with lots of hp.
That's debateable. In any case one may decide to max Attack and Speed to make Mega Kangaskhan a physical sweeper

That's debateable. In any case one may decide to max Attack and Speed to make Mega Kangaskhan a physical sweeper
I think with priority moves like sucker punch , it does need max speed .

I think with priority moves like sucker punch , it does need max speed .
It doesn't need max speed if it's using mainly priority moves. In any case, sucker punch can fail so one should be wary with that. If anything though, it's the non-priority moves like Return where the speed boost helps

It doesn't need max speed if it's using mainly priority moves. In any case, sucker punch can fail so one should be wary with that. If anything though, it's the non-priority moves like Return where the speed boost helps
wait, does return gets stab ?

wait, does return gets stab ?
Yeah, Return is a normal type move. Even in mega form Kangaskhan is normal type. That would mean that you get the 1.5x modifier from STAB AND the 1.5x modifier from the Kangaskhan and child attacking together.

Yeah, Return is a normal type move. Even in mega form Kangaskhan is normal type. That would mean that you get the 1.5x modifier from STAB AND the 1.5x modifier from the Kangaskhan and child attacking together.
thanks, that was helpful !
I thought because return depends of the friendship value it does not get satb as anormal type .

thanks, that was helpful !
I thought because return depends of the friendship value it does not get satb as anormal type .
Friendship value will only affect the Base Power of the attack. So the max Base Power of it is 105 (if I remember correctly). Because it only affects Base Power, STAB is still able to be received

yeah it does attack twice
its quite boss because if you use a move that powers up your stats then you will max it out in no time at all
its depends how you use her to battle - will she be useful and boss

Back