Metroid

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Well,we all know exactly what's coming out sooner or later this year,but one thing I'd wanna see more than anything on Wii U would be a new Metroid game.C'mon,you know you'd want that as well! :eek: Metroid,as far as I can remember,when 'daddy' first showed us how to play games,he played Metroid for Nes.It had me on the edge of my bed as I watched him go through all the levels,and eventually,beating Mother Brain.It was very exciting to watch,and to play! Then,as an intermediate, I played Metroid Prime for GameCube.It was pretty scary,and it still gives me jump-scares,lol.But what I'm waiting for now is the announcement of a new Metroid game.Samus needs one,she deserves to be in something other than Smash Bros.,y'know?

I believe Nintendo confirmed they're developing a 2D Metroid and a 3D Metroid at E3.

So it's coming, which is great. I think they could surprise us and make the 2D Metroid the big 3DS game of the year. Though I think 3D Metroid would need a little more time - ESPECIALLY if Retro is making it seeing as they just finished up Tropical Freeze just under a year ago. I could see it coming out late 2016, though :cat:

Reactions: P2.0
@Nanamine :I heard about it being in development, but now I know for sure. :D I wonder what it's gonna be like from the other Metroid games?? The suspense is killing me!

Wow that's amazing!! You know I am not a metroid fan but I like this game quite a lot. to me the first encounter I had with metroid was on the wii system, playing metroid trilogy. REally a heck of a game!! I would like to see what's coming to wii u!

Reactions: P2.0
@EstebanTill2 : :D Ikr! I can't wait to see what they come up with next! The Metroid Prime series were absolutely breathtaking IMO.Loved every second of,even on hard mode. XD

Am I the only one who's glad that Sokomoto is not going to make another Metroid game? Other M was awful and he was starting to slowly turn into a george lucas of gaming. I hope Retro gets the metroid rights and hopefully we get a remake of Metroid 2 "prime style" in HD, because that would be godly.

Ohh, that would be so great! I loved Metroid: Other M on the Wii to bits, and I can only imagine how good the Wii U version would be.
Now that the Wii U has some great online capabilities, there could also be an online multiplayer mode, similar to CoD/Halo! I would love to see something like that in a Metroid game.

I'm looking forward to a new Metroid game as well. They could do a lot of great stuff with it on the Wii U, as well as the 3DS, should they choose to go that route. Maybe a co-op campaign? Like online, not just local. I'm not sure if that's been done before in a Metroid game, but I don't believe so? That would be pretty cool to see. o:

Reactions: SpeedR8cer5
I wish the would revisit the Metroid Prime Hunters but for the 3ds and give it a HUGE multiplayer chunk that played out as an arena style play with 8 player battle royal! With different armor and weapons abilities that can be unlocked or bought that can help for your particular style of play!

Wouldn't mind seeing a great adventure with an expanded multiplayer ability for the Wii U as well....maybe an area style as well as some combo missions!

Metroid prime triolgey is out on the wii u. Here is what I think:From what I've experienced, the textures and UI are definitely still standard definition, but the character models look like they're presented in a higher resolution. I don't see nearly the pixelated edges around Samus as I've seen on other character models in previous Wii games I've played on-disk on my Wii U. The screen shrinks down, and I'm not sure why. The output reads 1080p on my 47" HDTV, whereas the Wii disk games would read 480p when I played them.

Can you change the controls to the "classic" style on the first two episodes?

The first two games are also widescreen for the first (or rather second) time, although there’s still black borders and the first game actually has some of the beam effects removed because they wouldn’t look right when stretched. That’s a minor annoyance though and the compilation does bring the benefit of a new lower difficulty level, although it’s referred to as ‘Normal’.

Sorry for all the posts, Metroid, Super Mario, Kirby, and Legend of Zelda are really cool. My absolute certain favorite is Super Mario.

But can you play Metroid Prime 1 & 2 with the "classic" control style?

But can you play Metroid Prime 1 & 2 with the "classic" control style?
Oh.... No you can not. They are not compatible sadly.

So I need to hang onto my GameCube. I think that that is their only mistake of porting it. The new aiming style a can be interesting, but in a firefight I opt for the old style.

Does the new aiming style work better with the "Motion Plus" system updates?

Wow A new Metroid game ?! I wonder how it will be since there wasn't any new Metroid games so far in the new Nintendo generation console like the Wii U and the 3ds . I never really played the Metroid series but knowing stuff like in SSB and other VC games I really hope to see more info on this game . I wonder if they are soon finished making his ? :cat:

I definitely agree, I would LOVE to see a new Metroid game. EVen though I don't own a Wii U, I'm still going to look up videos and Let's Plays because they are entertaining.
I remember playing it for the first time when I was around 6, it was really difficult. And, even now, I still haven't been able to beat Mother Brain. Pesky lasers >.<

Back