MH4U and MHGen Progress Thread

• Thread starter Iridium Winter
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuck on the first Tetsucabara hunt. What weapon and armor am I even supposed to be using? I have most pieces of that armor you get from the big lizard boss(been a while since I played so forgot its name) and am mostly good with the Switch Axe (It's so awesome)and dual swords.

... Yeah, first time playing a Monster Hunter game. Totally wasn't planning ahead or had any strategy in mind.

Stuck on the first Tetsucabara hunt. What weapon and armor am I even supposed to be using? I have most pieces of that armor you get from the big lizard boss(been a while since I played so forgot its name) and am mostly good with the Switch Axe (It's so awesome)and dual swords.

... Yeah, first time playing a Monster Hunter game. Totally wasn't planning ahead or had any strategy in mind.
At your level, try to keep all 5 pieces of armor from the same monster. That will give you armor skills and you should be able to use a Decoration (which you can make at the smithy) to get rid of the negative skill. I'm not sure what weapon type you're using, but this early on, I doubt there's a water weapon for you to use against Tetsu (that is the best element if I recall correctly). Also, if you have any armor spheres, don't be scared to use them. You won't need them after you beat Low Rank anyways.

Reactions: Kartik
At your level, try to keep all 5 pieces of armor from the same monster. That will give you armor skills and you should be able to use a Decoration (which you can make at the smithy) to get rid of the negative skill. I'm not sure what weapon type you're using, but this early on, I doubt there's a water weapon for you to use against Tetsu (that is the best element if I recall correctly). Also, if you have any armor spheres, don't be scared to use them. You won't need them after you beat Low Rank anyways.

Thanks. I've been trying to complete the Great Jaggi armor but it just never drops the one material I need to complete it (IIRC It's the frill I'm missing, the part you get by mounting.) Guess I'll keep trying.

Hardly used Armor Spheres in the past. I'll try using them more freely.

Thanks. I've been trying to complete the Great Jaggi armor but it just never drops the one material I need to complete it (IIRC It's the frill I'm missing, the part you get by mounting.) Guess I'll keep trying.

Hardly used Armor Spheres in the past. I'll try using them more freely.
Break the head, you should get it in a couple of hints of you do that.

Break the head, you should get it in a couple of hints of you do that.

On a side note, is there any specific weapon considered good against the Tetsucabara? Or anything works?

On a side note, is there any specific weapon considered good against the Tetsucabara? Or anything works?
Anything works against him

Reactions: Kartik
I killed the great Jaggi.. and I'm not late to this game at all ^-^ ...It's an accomplishment for me, okay? xD *cough * noob *cough*

I tried like 3 times, died in between... and then I accidentally hit it with a paintball. The paintball made me realize that throwing paint on it means you can track it :0 lol. Which was my main problem. It ran into the cave and I killed it in his sleep after that. Are you proud beanie buddy? >.<)/

Last edited:
Reactions: StrawberryMilk and Iridium Winter
I killed the great Jaggi.. and I'm not late to this game at all ^-^ ...It's an accomplishment for me, okay? xD *cough * noob *cough*

I tried like 3 times, died in between... and then I accidentally hit it with a paintball. The paintball made me realize that throwing paint on it means you can track it :0 lol. Which was my main problem. It ran into the cave and I killed it in his sleep after that. Are you proud beanie buddy? >.<)/
I is pwoud. I see that you are moving along in your training, young grasshopper :p

Reactions: 3823
Finally reached G crown! ^~^ Is this what it feels like to be a god? :eek:

Finally reached G crown! ^~^ Is this what it feels like to be a god? :eek:
Nope, you need the golden crown to feel like a god :p
And don't worry, everytime you meet with the Fatalis, he'll remind you you're not a god :p

Reactions: Iridium Winter
I killed the Kecha Wacha and completed my first urgent quest. ^-^ Only took 7 potions ;-; Is that normal? ;-;

Idk if it's just me but Kecha Wacha looks like Majora's Mask >.<'

Reactions: Pookie
I killed the Kecha Wacha and completed my first urgent quest. ^-^ Only took 7 potions ;-; Is that normal? ;-;
7 Potions isn't a lot if that implies 0 Mega Potions :p
You'll waste a lot more of these in future missions :p

Idk if it's just me but Kecha Wacha looks like Majora's Mask >.<'
Lol, that's even more true for the Ash Kecha Wacha now that you say so.

Well I, uh, I beat the Jaggias :D

Totally new to MH, so I don't even know how the weapons and armors affect anything :/

I'm about to hit Gold Crown G Rank!:D Only need 2 more letters for Crimson Fatalis' Aged Text and then the last one and I'll have unlocked everything! I'm HR140 and have done all Caravan quests, almost every G Rank ones and many High Rank ones!

Still using Bherna armor.

i just finished my first Tetsucabra hunt. Going to do it a couple of time since I like the gear associated to that monster, looks pretty cool to me!

Same i just finished that hunt and talking to everyone that has quests for me, now imma work on HR1 quests for a little bit

Hit HR200 on MH4U and finished almost all Low/High Rank quests for both Caravan and Gathering Hall except for some 10-star caravan ones and the HR7 armorless dual Jho in GH. Also beat all G-Rank quests.

As for MH Gen, I got it Friday night and I've mostly done Village quests so far (halfway through the 4-star quests) and only a couple Hunter's Hub ones.

Still farming Tetsucabra... I'm missing ONE Paddock oil to complete my set and it just never drops from the shinies ;__;

Still farming Tetsucabra... I'm missing ONE Paddock oil to complete my set and it just never drops from the shinies ;__;
The desire sensor is strong...

Reactions: 2205
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back