MH4U demo difficulty differences?

• Thread starter Tsukubaki
  • Start date
Tsukubaki

Tsukubaki

Sister of Hades
Towns Folk
Hey I've been playing the MH4U demo for a while. I've only played on beginner, since I'm not very good. I know that the two monsters you can hunt in this difficulty are great jaggi and tetsucabra, but i have also been curious about the monsters on the experienced level. I know (or at least I'm pretty sure) that the game does not tell you which way to go to reach the monster and that you have to find your own way to it. So my question is, are the monsters different on experienced than they are on beginner?

Please do not post asking me for demo codes for this software. I already gave them all away.

The fact with the differences is that on experience level, the monsters are harder to beat, I don't know if this is clear to you. It takes longer to beat a monster on experienced level rather than on beginner level. Besides the small monsters around the big one may be a problem too.

oh, that's all? I thought the large monsters were different on that level. You know, like a different species or something. But I see... they're just harder on that level.

I actually solo'd tetsucabra on beginner, then did it online. The first time I did the solo it was pretty hard, but after a while it wasn't as bad.

Oh wait, you just mentioned two monsters on the beginner difficulty but on experienced level difficulty there is another monster to hunt. It is the Gore Magala. I can't tell you anything about it yet because I am just knoking down the great jaggi and the Tetsucabra (is the name like this? I always have problems remembering the name of the latter hahah)

don't worry... not sure i spelled it right, either. i'm not a good speller myself. but anyway if you ever do try it i would love to see a video of a solo on that, if possible. do you play monster hunter freedom unite? if you do, then have you ever done the solo on white fatalis? i played that game, finally made it there, but now i can't beat it, lol

Offline Gore Magala is pretty easy, but he is WAY harder online, take a full group if you can xD

holy cow.... normally i'd think he would be easier online. every monster i faced was easier online. but i guess that's not how it always is!

holy cow.... normally i'd think he would be easier online. every monster i faced was easier online. but i guess that's not how it always is!
That's cause G. Jaggi and Tetsucabra are just easy in general, Gore Magala is a different story. A lot of monsters are actually harder online.

hmm... i see. i've always found playing online easier. the only monster i could never beat (and it took me a long time to even get this far) was the white fatalis in previous games. i could barely believe this youtuber actually did a solo successfully on that. just insane...

hmm... i see. i've always found playing online easier. the only monster i could never beat (and it took me a long time to even get this far) was the white fatalis in previous games. i could barely believe this youtuber actually did a solo successfully on that. just insane...
Well, it does depend on how good your group is, but monsters not only have more health online (though this is offset by having 4 players), but it becomes less predictable cause it now has 4 targets and it can randomly change who it is attacking.

ah, that explains it, then. i didnt know monsters had more health online. it always seemed easier to me to play online and cooperate with other people. the only weapon im really good with is the dual blades, aside from the bow. im also pretty good with the bow. but everything else i suck with. do you get any extra time online?

ah, that explains it, then. i didnt know monsters had more health online. it always seemed easier to me to play online and cooperate with other people. the only weapon im really good with is the dual blades, aside from the bow. im also pretty good with the bow. but everything else i suck with. do you get any extra time online?
Nope, still has the 50 minute limit (except in a couple of quests where it's 30 minutes).

dang... then it really must be harder online. goodness! talk about hard!

dang... then it really must be harder online. goodness! talk about hard!
Try G-Rank Solo :D

Just tried gore magala on all weapons(Now I'm bored).. Maybe I should try killing him on online mode with all weapons(only finished it with a charged blade multi 1 player) as well :D

Gore Malga is very difficult to beat plus she doesn't come with a cut scene but I bet if it had a cut scene it would be epic plsu the other two are really easy to beat but when you are in experience it is a whole new level.

Try G-Rank Solo :D
that's got to be double, if not triple, the trouble. the only thing i could never do on G rank was the white fatalis. i got stuck there (this was in a different game in the series, of course). it was hard enough as it was for me to even get that far. i even tried it online. still couldn't do it...

wow I always thought solo mode was much harder than the online together mode . I've always played the beginner mode because I would rather some casual easy play but maybe someday when I get really bored then I will try the intermediate mode and I really look forward to fight the Golo something or whatever

yeah, same here. i prefer to have easy casual gameplay when i play games too. just helps me relax more. i like to relax and just chill out when im playing games. i've always been that way, oddly enough im attempting hell mode on 3ds resident evil revelations...

Beginner level in the MH4U demo is exactly what it states: For beginners. The monsters are the same throughout the demo. However, there is an exception: The Experienced level has a monster called the Gore Magala, which is the strongest one you can fight in the demo
The beginner difficulty does not involve any aspects of proper weapon care and targeting certain spots. It's just mash the attack button. The experienced difficulty, on the other hand makes you focus on weak spots, and you have to keep your weapon sharp. If your weapon isn't sharp, it will do less damage. Plus, monsters are usually more agressive in experienced.

Back