Miiverse might be coming to an end

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

How do you feel about the closing of Miiverse?

• It's not fair, Miiverse was too young to die!

• I'll miss it, but I totally understand why it's ending.

• Meh, it doesn't really affect me.

• I never used Miiverse. What's a Miiverse?

Results are only viewable after voting.
@Marc That statement is false. Miiverse might not be ending, Miiverse is ending. The real question is when. I have a feeling they'll do it when the cut the Wii U's online services. My guess would be that after Smash 4 Deluxe is released that will happen. Honestly I really don't care though. I never really used it, or cared about it.

I'm not gonna feel too bad. Sure, it was probably the only way I can upload some drawings, but they weren't any good anyway.

Plus, there were a lot of popular users that were jerks. Most of them are not very active though, so when November comes around and they try to get on, they'll have no idea what's going on! XD

I've been trying to nudge some really good users I'm friends with to the Pedia, while also making it subtle so the wrong people don't come on. I'll just see how it goes...

Reactions: Koneca and Alegria
I'm actually kind of worried for Miiverse ending. I love seeing funny Miiverse posts in Smash, and how will Mario Maker work without it?

of course, since people did make the wiimmfi project, i won't be surprised if they make something for miiverse or something, but hey, that'll be cool

Reactions: Alegria
I never was a person who cared about miiverse much to be honest. I thought it was kinda cool, it was always hard to navigate on my 3ds (probably because I have an original 3ds and the loading times are sloooooooooow). I thought the place was really funny and full of memes and there were also some amazing artists on there. I kinda hope they add another feature like miiverse to the switch, especially since games like Super Mario Maker really used it a lot. Although I don't think Miiverse is coming back.

Reactions: Koneca and Alegria
Yeah...it's happening. And the lack of people currently discussing it here on Nintenpedia may explain why.
Here's the full explanation by Nintendo themselves:

"End of Miiverse Service Announcement

Hi everyone, it’s Tom at Nintendo. I have an important announcement:

On November 7th, 10:00 pm Pacific Time, we will permanently close the Miiverse service.
We thank you very much for your amazing support. It has been a great privilege for me to serve as your Miiverse guide, and to see people who enjoy similar gaming experiences connect with empathy.

After the service ends:
• You will no longer be able to access Miiverse from the Wii U console, Nintendo 3DS family of systems or from an internet browser on PCs or smart devices. All Miiverse services will become unavailable, such as viewing or making posts, and messaging with friends. However, for a limited time, you will be able to make a request to download all the posts you’ve made up to the day of the closure.
• For Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games that support in-game Miiverse functionality, these features and services will no longer be available.
• Miiverse posts will no longer appear in the Wara Wara Plaza on Wii U.

Information on downloading your post history:
By making this request, you will be able to download your posts – plus any screenshots saved to your album – to your PC after the Miiverse service has ended. To use this download service, you will need to have a Nintendo Account linked with your Nintendo Network ID, and must make the download request before the Miiverse service ends. To find out more about this service or to make the download request, click on the “Information on Downloading your Post History” button at the top of the Miiverse website. For more information on the Miiverse closure and the games it will affect, please visit the support site by clicking on the blue globe icon or the url below to launch the internet browser. From all of us at Nintendo, we sincerely thank you for supporting Miiverse all these years. We hope you’ll continue using Miiverse until the service ends."

Personally, I originally was rather upset by this change, as it means that the 3DS is literally losing its one remaining social point on the system, besides Streetpass and online games that almost no one plays. I do, however, have a few fond memories of this service, one of them being this post here. I think it's my favorite that I ever made.

WVW69i130yoGHbXjVk

WVW69i130yoGHbXjVk

Now it's not like it became super popular, but for the Miiverse community of the Nintendo Badge Arcade, 22 likes is nothing to sneeze at. However, I didn't always have the best time during Miiverse's existence. I remember this post being banned once because it evidently had "spoilers"...upload_2017-9-20_9-51-19.png Now of course I fought back and got it unblocked, but, still. Much proof has been found that the "administration" is composed of 'bots and nothing more, and well, I believe it.

It also doesn't help that Miiverse is composed of 1/2 true gamers that want to use Miiverse as a social aspect for fun and enjoyment, and 1/2 of kids who aren't old enough to use the 3D on their 3DS's and shouldn't have a social network in the first place. These kids are the primary reason I have strayed from Miiverse in recent years. They literally plague the network with hateful comments and obnoxious artwork that should be banned, but isn't. Why? Because you can't trust bots to do the job.

Overall, I still resent Nintendo for ending Miiverse at what seems so early, but at the same time can't blame them. This is of course my personal experience. What do you folks think? Will you truly miss Nintendo's first social network? Or are you fine with losing it permanently? Lemme know by sharing your own stories if you'd like.

the picture is really cool, but my drawing is not there :'(
WVW69kqpylk8Ex6vor.png

Miiverse is definitely ending. Nintendo said so themselves. And to be perfectly honest, it doesn't affect me that much. The reason is that Miiverse was always a sore subject for me. Almost every time I posted something on there, it would be deleted by "admins" in less than 2 minutes. (BTW when I say admins, I mean robots.) That's what made me move to NintenPedia in the first place. And I know from experience, that NintenPedia is WAY better than Miiverse. In conclusion, Miiverse closing down doesn't really affect me that much. I don't really care.

Miiverse is definitely ending. Nintendo said so themselves. And to be perfectly honest, it doesn't affect me that much. The reason is that Miiverse was always a sore subject for me. Almost every time I posted something on there, it would be deleted by "admins" in less than 2 minutes. (BTW when I say admins, I mean robots.) That's what made me move to NintenPedia in the first place. And I know from experience, that NintenPedia is WAY better than Miiverse. In conclusion, Miiverse closing down doesn't really affect me that much. I don't really care.
did you actually read the rules? maybe you tried to share your friend code?

did you actually read the rules? maybe you tried to share your friend code?
Yep! It was just the trolls that loved to report me for no reason.

oh, that sucks.

oh, that sucks.
I think that happened to me at least once. Either way, NintenPedia beats Miiverse by a long shot. :D

I think that happened to me at least once. Either way, NintenPedia beats Miiverse by a long shot. :D

there are some problems:
  1. Kids who have parents who didn't know Nintendo 3DS had an (shi!!y) internet browser and a social network, and forbid their kids to make a social network account or just go to internet. These kids can't access to Nintenpedia
  2. It's an english thing, so most of my friends from Miiverse would never have come here!
  3. There are some games that don't normally allow screenshot, but that allow them in Miiverse context. Now it woun't be possible anymore to save them

[Edit] Holy ...... I didn't know Nintenpedia had a bad words filter!

there are some problems:
  1. Kids who have parents who didn't know Nintendo 3DS had an (shi!!y) internet browser and a social network, and forbid their kids to make a social network account or just go to internet. These kids can't access to Nintenpedia
  2. It's an english thing, so most of my friends from Miiverse would never have come here!
  3. There are some games that don't normally allow screenshot, but that allow them in Miiverse context. Now it woun't be possible anymore to save them

[Edit] Holy ...... I didn't know Nintenpedia had a bad words filter!

True as dat is...most people that age probably shouldn't be on social media in the first place. Probably just my unpopular opinion though.

I know what parents are protecting children from, but I've met kids who were harrased at school and misunderstood at home, who could they turn to? Even kids regretting to live! They weren't 15 and they were thinking about that!
Worst is that when I talked to them about that I got banned 2 weeks with an automatic admin note saying exactly this
"Your message has been deleted because its content was related to suicide or self harm.
If you have serious problems, we recommend that you talk to your relatives and seek help from professionals.
"

That is definitely not something to say to someone who has no one IRL to turn to, and mute them for 2 weeks is even dangerous I think.

I tried to contact the admins to discuss about this rule, but since Belgium's support was a f...ing bot I contacted Nintendo America, which was interesting to talk to until they discovered I was from Belgium, when they told me to contact them.

Then when I came back I learned t0 t@lk l¡ke th@t so I could help them and not having admins on my way!

I know what parents are protecting children from, but I've met kids who were harrased at school and misunderstood at home, who could they turn to? Even kids regretting to live! They weren't 15 and they were thinking about that!
Worst is that when I talked to them about that I got banned 2 weeks with an automatic admin note saying exactly this
"Your message has been deleted because its content was related to suicide or self harm.
If you have serious problems, we recommend that you talk to your relatives and seek help from professionals.
"

That is definitely not something to say to someone who has no one IRL to turn to, and mute them for 2 weeks is even dangerous I think.

I tried to contact the admins to discuss about this rule, but since Belgium's support was a f...ing bot I contacted Nintendo America, which was interesting to talk to until they discovered I was from Belgium, when they told me to contact them.

Then when I came back I learned t0 t@lk l¡ke th@t so I could help them and not having admins on my way!
The admins were almost confirmed to be bots anyway, so that explains why I think.

I used to use Miiverse when I wasn't on a laptop and I got bored of playing games. Most of the posts on there were pretty dumb but on occasion I'd see some pretty awesome art on there. If you had a Pokémon game for 3DS you could get friends from Miiverse easily. All in all I won't miss Miiverse at all because I hardly even use it now and I have you guys.

I had used Miiverse slightly when it first came out and it was quite enjoyable, but sadly in the end I never used it much after. The concept of Miiverse is very appreciate-able but from what I've seen over the years it certainly ended up being pretty strict with its rules and lots of people were wrongly banned or suspended. I do hope that there will be another similar service since the good number of people used it and were really creative with it.

Back