Minecraft Wii U Edition

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
You've probably heard about Minecraft Story Mode already. Guess what? A Wii U version of the best-selling sandbox game is also coming to Wii U and in December too ^^ December 17th, 2015 to be exact.

Priced at $29.99 US, the game will also be updated regularly with free updates and offer add-on packs. For those who are unable to use their home television's screen, rejoice, as there will be off-TV play with the GamePad.

Are you going to pick this game up, even if you have the PC version? (or another console's version).

Reactions: Pok_E 16
Probably not going to get it, I have the PC version which I used to play and Pocket Edition on my phone when I am stuck without internet and extremely bored. Looks cool though! It's about time, Minecraft looks like it will fit perfectly on the Wii U.

I'm really hyped for this, I mean, I would've liked something else better. This will still be neat to see how it goes. I also like the fact that Nintendo teased us about it and I guessed Minecraft. I'm excited. Although, I was hoping for something much better, no offense Mojang, but I wanted a new Smash DLC. :)

I'll get it - I may have it on PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360, PC and my Android tablet, but I'd like to have it on my Wii U, especially when I play on it a lot! :)

Playing with friends online on the Wii U would be cool, and you can find players easily through Miiverse instead of looking for usernames on forums
Better online σωσ

Actually, make that 'I might'

I'm looking forward to trying FAST Racing Neo instead but I might still consider Minecraft at a later time

Well, I suppose I'll eventually end up getting it anyway, just like I did with the 360 version. Plus, if there's free online, what's to decline ? Also, I'm quite surprised Microsoft did this, since they now own the licence.

PS: Does that mean we may get Nintendo-themed skins ? (If so, I'm praying hard for a Xenoblade/Xenoblade X pack, though it wouldn't be likely to be done !)

PS: Does that mean we may get Nintendo-themed skins ? (If so, I'm praying hard for a Xenoblade/Xenoblade X pack, though it wouldn't be likely to be done !)
Possibly >.<

The game will also support voice chat ^-^ I'm not sure if it'll be limited to Japan tho, :panda:

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I was thinking about getting it but the GamePad can't be used for inventory management which is like the biggest oversight ever. Also they're making you pay $10 for skins (PS4/X1 version is only $20 but come with no skins, this is $30 and comes with some) which is nasty.

This is worth it. 30 dollars is ok, especially when nintendo will put exclusive updates on it. Very excited to play it, I am sure this will be the best version of minecraft (other than pc). My only problem is it is 5 years late, but who cares? Minecraft is awesome, and I am glad it is coming on the wii u. I can't wait to use the Mario skin, lol.

Idk about getting it i will wait for it to be released to see what it haves to offer but i already have PC version so thats why i am not really sure about buying it but the gamepad as inventory is actually a good idea as well as off TV play because i cant use my TV at all times so yeah thats cool.

:wtf: It's a takeover of Minecrafters gawtdangit! (to answer your question: no...)

I won`t pick this game up, but my little brother who loves minecraft will, so I might get a chance to try it out :). I have only played the free version of Minecraft pocket edition, so I am relatively new to the sandbox. However, it will be fun to try it, and I think it is great to have the game on all platforms.

Just to let you all know, it's now available on the eShop ;)
Also 'Game Chat' is mentioned, so voice chat is in

I'm getting it!

But avoiding the miiverse community for as long as the wii u's and the nx's life span is....

Even though I have Minecraft on my PC and Xbox 360, I just had to get it for the Wii U as well. The controls for the Wii U Edition are pretty much the same as any other console, so I quickly became accustomed to them! Off-TV play can also come in handy. Someone joined my world yesterday and were trying to use the in-game chat, but it was sort of poor quality (if only Wii Speak could be hooked up as it had somewhat decent mic quality), so we just ended up using signs to communicate lol.

Even though I have Minecraft on my PC and Xbox 360, I just had to get it for the Wii U as well. The controls for the Wii U Edition are pretty much the same as any other console, so I quickly became accustomed to them! Off-TV play can also come in handy. Someone joined my world yesterday and were trying to use the in-game chat, but it was sort of poor quality (if only Wii Speak could be hooked up as it had somewhat decent mic quality), so we just ended up using signs to communicate lol.
Well, that's lame :thumbsdown:

I won't get it but i'm searching minecraft wii u in the internet because i'm curious. But i'm wondering what version is minecraft wii u right now. Like is it farther than pe and xbox and ps4. I'm surprised nintendo at all put minecraft in the wii u. Well at least the 4 year olds have minecraft right now because they don't have a pc. I love minecraft and nintendo but I'll rate what IGN would rate it. 1.1 / 10.0

my reaction to the miiverse community

hLHJW2N.jpg

Lol, you might need to buy a headset.

Compared to the ps4 and xb1 versions, the wii u version really is not as good. With future updates, it can be as good as the ps4 version. For now, this game is fantastic, pretty much your standard minecraft experience. I like the off tv play and such. Hopefully with a future update, you can craft with the gamepad and such.

Reactions: 423
Lol, you might need to buy a headset.
You might be right. Although, I don't desperately need it right this instant, because the person I sometimes play with barely ever talks lol. I'd be even more inclined to buy it if there were more Wii U games that actually had a voice chat feature, but it is what it is. :p

Back