Mario Kart [MK8] A Mercedes Car available as a DLC !

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
You read right.

To promote the release of a new car in Japan, Mercedes decided to sponsor their car by making it a DLC in Mario Kart 8.

This DLC will allow you to use the Mercedes GLA during races.
mario-kart-8-wii-u-wiiu-1401354202-111.jpg

This is what it will looks like. For the moment, the DLC is only confirmed for the Japan. But maybe the NA/European users will get it too.

What are your reactions about it ? Will you be getting it if it is released in NA/Europe ?
Edit: Note that in Japan, this DLC is available for free.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
Wow that looks AWESOME, especially in glorious HD! I hope Nintendo continues to do this stuff, it'll attract people. Also, bring this to NA and Europe!

Reactions: D4rkDragon
wow, that looks awesome! I never thought they would use actual real car designs. xD

I would get it for sure! If I had the chance too! I bet it's super quick! :p

Wow that looks AWESOME, especially in glorious HD! I hope Nintendo continues to do this stuff, it'll attract people. Also, bring this to NA and Europe!

Well, at first, I laughed, because it's unusual to see a Nintendo character with a real company's car. But that looks a good idea, and it makes free advertising for the two companies, especially in Japan.

wow, that looks awesome! I never thought they would use actual real car designs. xD

I would get it for sure! If I had the chance too! I bet it's super quick! :p
I don't know if it'll be fast, but sure, it looks awesome.

Reactions: TheSuperKid and xXAwesomeDudeXx
It looks so out of place. I love it.

Nintendo is doing this smart; testing to see the fan reaction for something incredibly small like this to see if they can get away with track DLC. Excited!

wow thats looks awesome in hd even better. i wonder if they will do more like that.

That Mercedes... with those wheels??? Now that's what you call crank! Lol, but the design on the Mercedes is pretty awesome! I would love to use the kar- uh, I mean car in the game! However, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo keeps that DLC exclusive to Japan, because they like to keep things they create for themselves for the most part. This is probably why they added region-locking to the 3DS lol.

Reactions: Kaidan
I would get that for sure. I have yet to see real cars recreated in Mario Kart style, and this is a great first step.

Did you say Marcedes? Looks great. I honestly didn't expect this but then again I'm not always playing MK7. It'll probably have good handling and acceleration because it's a luxury vehicle.

Here is the video guys.

Free DLC is great (not that I have a Wii U :bag: ) so everyone who can download it should do so.

Otherwise, wow. It looks really... different. Mercedes are smart, I'll give them that. :panda:

Free DLC is great (not that I have a Wii U :bag: ) so everyone who can download it should do so.

Yeah, Free DLC is great, but... well, Free DLC is great.

Yeah, Free DLC is great, but... well, Free DLC is great.
Your signature kinda fit this situation :rotfl:. And yeah, DLCs who are free are the best.
After all, DLC means Downloadable Content, and not Priced Downloadable Content.

So, if it comes out where you live, enjoy it !

(Off topic) But speaking of @Catstew you could get really racist based off how Mario looks/acts/jumps (that one "be like Mario" joke that's lingering around everywhere).

(Off topic) But speaking of @Catstew you could get really racist based off how Mario looks/acts/jumps (that one "be like Mario" joke that's lingering around everywhere).

Wait... What did I do?

I would have never thought that this would've been the content, from a DLC pack.

I absolutely love it, even though it's a bit out-of-place. If it does well in Japan, I think they may bring it over. It would've been nice to see this in NA/EU, which I think would sell more than Japan (IMO) but either ways, this is awesome.

I would have never thought that this would've been the content, from a DLC pack.

I absolutely love it, even though it's a bit out-of-place. If it does well in Japan, I think they may bring it over. It would've been nice to see this in NA/EU, which I think would sell more than Japan (IMO) but either ways, this is awesome.
Err.. There is no selling point. It is a FREE DLC, so no one is going to hesitate to download this if it is brought to EU/NA :p

Err.. There is no selling point. It is a FREE DLC, so no one is going to hesitate to download this if it is brought to EU/NA :p
Oh? I didn't read it properly then, well free DLC, even better! I agree with what Nanamine said now "Nintendo is doing this smart; testing to see the fan reaction for something incredibly small like this to see if they can get away with track DLC. Excited!"

Reactions: 532
Back