1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Monster Hunter Stories

Discussion in 'Monster Hunter' started by Spinnerweb, Apr 12, 2015.

1. GamerDudeXXX

GamerDudeXXX The Awesome Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    3 coins
    Right off the bat it’s nice that the downloadable demo, which lets you play through the first few hours of the game, saves all of your progress, including the monsters and items you collect. All of this data can then be transferred over to the main game. It’s definitely a great way to get a head start on the game. Although I don't like the felynes look.
    Alegria likes this.
  2. SunnyWindy

SunnyWindy Still annoyed...

Play Coins:
    287 coins
    I ended up buying this game after all and it is quite nice. It can be challenging once you reach a certain point and visually it is really nice.

Sure it's turn based, but it kinda helps me. I had issue with regulat MH games on 3DS, I had difficulty seeing what was going on on a small screen, but turn based works well.
    Alegria likes this.
  3. Samster123

Samster123 Kittens will rule Christmas..... Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    5 coins
    First of all, let me say this. OH... MY... GOSH!!!!!!!! You don't know how much I want this game! When I first saw the trailer, I was skeptical, as I have zero interest in the Monster Hunter series in general. That all changed when I decided to download and play the special demo version of the game. Let's just say that I was so addicted, (and still am) that I racked the play count up on the demo to 12 hours and 34 minutes! (And still counting!) I cannot express how much I want this and pray I get it soon!
    Alegria likes this.
  4. Alegria

Alegria Alegria ♪ Caca0ch0c0lat Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    264 coins
    JUST LIKE ME :)
  5. Dark Link

Dark Link The Hero in Black Link's Dark Side

Play Coins:
    3,790 coins
    image.jpeg
    Monster Hunter Stories
    Monster Hunter is a famous game for many reasons. From upgrading your armor and weapons to killing monsters. Your main goal in most Monster Hunter games is to complete quests by killing monsters. Monster Hunter Stories however takes a different direction. Monster Hunter Stories was released in Japan on October 8, 2016. However on September 8, 2017 many other people got to enjoy this wonderful game.

In this game many new things are possible, from riding monsters to knowing the secret of the Kinship Stone. Bonding with your monster is key to this game, you not only get to keep monsters to use in battle, but you can do quests and fight monsters like in other games too. If your brave enough you can steal a monsters egg which you can hatch later to get a monster.

This is a great game for anyone, whether kid or adult, I would highly recommend getting this especially if your a fan of Monster Hunter. If you plan on getting it then just know it's $39.99, don't worry though, getting this game is worth it.

So what are your thoughts? Will you get this game? Let me know what you guys think!

6. Ace

Ace Aaannnd boom! goes the Dynamite. Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    78 coins
    So in a matter of speaking, it's kinda like Pokemon?
  7. Dark Link

Dark Link The Hero in Black Link's Dark Side

Play Coins:
    3,790 coins
    That question is commonly asked about this game, Well technically if you think about it, yes it's kinda like Pokemon. The battle format is kinda similar but isn't exactly like Pokemon. The only difference is that not only your Monster is fighting, but your also fighting in the battle.