Monsters that annoy you!

• Thread starter Tho
  • Start date
Tho

Tho

An old-school gamer & anime freak!
Banned User
Post the monsters that annoy you the most and why! It can be from any game in the series.

The most annoying for me are the Bullfango and Rhenoplos. Yes, no large monsters, these commonly found annoying monsters! Ever since MH1, I've been a heavy GS user! The reason I'm annoyed by these two is that when I finally corner or tip over a large monster and move in to use a charged slash, they just run towards me from the very opposite side of the area and cancel my charge, as well as, for some weird reason, I'm send flying like 50 meters away! Also annoying are the Deviljhos, because every time I hunt one, if I go for the kill instead of capturing it, it just keeps going in Rage mode, then, about 10 seconds after it calms down, it goes right back into Rage mode again! In one encounter I had with a Deviljho, in five minutes, it went into Rage mode 23 times!:mad:

KONCHUUUUUUUUUU.

KONCHUUUUUUUUUU.
you called? dancing konchu.gif
personally i think the most annoying monster was the quarupeco (not sure if spelled right) from MH3U. for me, it was 1 of the monsters that i only hunted to get farther into the game, only to eventually find another one. it didn't help that with the G-rank crimson peco, it always had a jho in the same area .-.

Let me list.

Khezu/Red Khezu and Gigginox/Baleful Gigginox never stop screaming, there status attacks are constantly spammed if they are not screaming, and they are flying leaches.

Congalala/Emerald Congalala they both spam body slams and dung blight, and in some maps they will jump somewhere and leave no trace of where they went to.

Gravios/Black Gravios because they spam fire laser if you walk 20 feet away from them or they spam fire ball walk, this is mostly towards Black Gravios because he has the fire gas when he does that.

Tgrex/Brute Tigrex they spam the super roar and its a pain when your a blade master.

I have a minor grudge against Monblos/White Monoblos and Diablos/Black Diablos but it was when I was learning how to fight them, now they aren't much of a problem.

I have a grudge against a lot more monsters that I can't remember at the moment. So this is my list for now.

you called? View attachment 8891
personally i think the most annoying monster was the quarupeco (not sure if spelled right) from MH3U. for me, it was 1 of the monsters that i only hunted to get farther into the game, only to eventually find another one. it didn't help that with the G-rank crimson peco, it always had a jho in the same area .-.

I hate Qurupeco too! It's just so annoying that every time I'm trying to kill one, it will just call for a Deviljho or a Narcacuga, making the battle an even bigger pain! Also, I have killed more than 50 of them in MH3U, breaking all the parts there are to break and I still haven't found a single Flintstone! It has a freaking 50% chance to appear, how is that even possible?!

Let me list.

Khezu/Red Khezu and Gigginox/Baleful Gigginox never stop screaming, there status attacks are constantly spammed if they are not screaming, and they are flying leaches.

Congalala/Emerald Congalala they both spam body slams and dung blight, and in some maps they will jump somewhere and leave no trace of where they went to.

Gravios/Black Gravios because they spam fire laser if you walk 20 feet away from them or they spam fire ball walk, this is mostly towards Black Gravios because he has the fire gas when he does that.

Tgrex/Brute Tigrex they spam the super roar and its a pain when your a blade master.

I have a minor grudge against Monblos/White Monoblos and Diablos/Black Diablos but it was when I was learning how to fight them, now they aren't much of a problem.

I have a grudge against a lot more monsters that I can't remember at the moment. So this is my list for now.

I also get really annoyed by the Giggi variants, even the small ones! That damn poison and roars, let alone the bites with those extending necks and the tails swipes, makes me switch to a 1400 Atk 800 Fire GS or something like that and just destroy them all! As for Tigrex, not just it, it's variants also, as well as it's lookalikes (Nargacuga, Barioths, etc.) are always a pain to battle! The won't stand still, but when they finally do, they just roar constantly!

I hate Qurupeco too! It's just so annoying that every time I'm trying to kill one, it will just call for a Deviljho or a Narcacuga, making the battle an even bigger pain! Also, I have killed more than 50 of them in MH3U, breaking all the parts there are to break and I still haven't found a single Flintstone! It has a freaking 50% chance to appear, how is that even possible?!

I also get really annoyed by the Giggi variants, even the small ones! That damn poison and roars, let alone the bites with those extending necks and the tails swipes, makes me switch to a 1400 Atk 800 Fire GS or something like that and just destroy them all! As for Tigrex, not just it, it's variants also, as well as it's lookalikes (Nargacuga, Barioths, etc.) are always a pain to battle! The won't stand still, but when they finally do, they just roar constantly!

I agree with Qurupeco, Lucent Nargacuga, and Snad Barioth, but I never really have any problems with Molten Tigrex, Nargacuga, Green Nargacuga, or Barioth.

I agree with Qurupeco, Lucent Nargacuga, and Snad Barioth, but I never really have any problems with Molten Tigrex, Nargacuga, Green Nargacuga, or Barioth.
I never said I have problems with those, I just said that they are annoying because they won't stand still (mostly in G-Rank)!

I never said I have problems with those, I just said that they are annoying because they won't stand still (mostly in G-Rank)!
That is true.

i never really had any problems with the giggi/tigrex clones :l it might've helped that i mained DS though .-.

i never really had any problems with the giggi/tigrex clones :l it might've helped that i mained DS though .-.

Gigginox poison slam and poison smoke cloud are a pain! As for the Tigrex-like monsters, they just won't stand still and that's really annoying! I'm fighting Sand Barioth for example and it keeps jumping all over the area! I then have to run up to it only for it to jump away again!

The thread isn't called monsters you have trouble with or that they are hard to beat, but monsters that annoy you! I don't have any problem at all with any monsters in any game I have played, but some just annoy me beyond belief!

just remembered another monster that i hated fighting: rathalos. it's not so much that it roars too much or has spammable attacks, it just won't get out of the sky long enough for me to hit it with anything >.< the azure variant isn't any better...

just remembered another monster that i hated fighting: rathalos. it's not so much that it roars too much or has spammable attacks, it just won't get out of the sky long enough for me to hit it with anything >.< the azure variant isn't any better...
What is most annoying with Rathalos and its variants is that when they roar, just as they finish doing it, they will spit a large fire ball that kinda explodes and also burns the area in from of them, so if the roar catches you when you are in front of them, you get the stupid fireblight and lots of damage!

I normally use a armor set that gives HG Ear Plugs but when I'm not using that monsters that spam roar become annoying beyond belief.

I normally use a armor set that gives HG Ear Plugs but when I'm not using that monsters that spam roar become annoying beyond belief.
In my case, not a single armor I have has earplugs at all! I'm a GS user and I use all the 15 points needed for Attack Up Medium or above instead! I can block weak roars anyway, so for the rest, I just panic-jump out of the way. Compared to rolling, roars don't affect you when you do that! Saves you precious armor points!

In my case, not a single armor I have has earplugs at all! I'm a GS user and I use all the 15 points needed for Attack Up Medium or above instead! I can block weak roars anyway, so for the rest, I just panic-jump out of the way. Compared to rolling, roars don't affect you when you do that! Saves you precious armor points!

The set I use gives Hg Ear Plugs naturally so I don't waist any slots.

The set I use gives Hg Ear Plugs naturally so I don't waist any slots.
Oh, nice! The sets I have used throughout the series mostly had a +50HP, Attack Up (medium or above), Combination +20% (for on the spot trap combines), Handicraft and Sheathing. As you can see, not possibly enough room for earplugs! I can't complain though, I can solo everything there is in like 20 minutes without any problems!

You might like Bai-Bai-Kaiser,it gives basically every skill you would want for GS. HG Ear Plugs not included.

You might like Bai-Bai-Kaiser,it gives basically every skill you would want for GS. HG Ear Plugs not included.
I don't have MH4U just yet, but thanks! Now I know an easy set to make! Quick question though, can you do arenas with other people online?

Yeah.

I say that tigrex u gets me pretty mad

Back