SSB for 3DS Most Broken/Overpowered Characters in SSB4 3DS

• Thread starter jamesnail12
  • Start date
jamesnail12

jamesnail12

Ultimate Yu-Gi-Oh Nerd
Towns Folk
Please, give me your opinions on the most broken or OP characters. I don't want to hear the following characters (because EVERYONE knows they are WAY too broken for over 50% of the characters to handle, I want to see some originality):
-Villager
-Little Mac
-Zero Suit Samus
Other than those, everything is allowed, from unreleased DLC to the ever-popular and SSB veteran Mario.
My most broken character opinion:
-Meta Knight, because when customized, you can raise his attack to crazy levels that rival Little Mac on steroids. When using Lazy Shuttle Loop, you are temporarily immortal to attacks on the up-swing (recovery part). The only thing stopping Meta Knight from being one of the most commonly used characters is the fact that Drill Rushing off the edge always results in KO-ing yourself. Same for Mach Tornado and Dimensional Cape. However, this colossal weakness is covered for in his 3rd Down+B special, which the name escapes me right now. It allows about 3-4 SECONDS OF TELEPORTATION! That is lots of recovery if you just went a little off the edge, and your opponent is trolling you. You can free-move while doing it, which is awesome. The only flipside to this is the fact that your opponent can attack your shadow and disrupt your attack. The other reason this character is broken is the fact that, with the Immortal Caloric Powerhouse Brawn Badge combined with the Auto Healer Brawn Badge, he can eat food, such as chocolate, and gain 10-second immortality PLUS a stat boost to EVERYTHING. Arceus help us. Not to mention the THIRD badge slot which can be a COLOSSAL defense boost to compliment that beast attack. He is also not very light, making him hard to KO. Plus, if he is allowed access to the All-Around Trade-Off Defense Badge with the other two mentioned earlier, he can start at 60%, regenerate to full health, WHILE getting TONS of boosts gradually over time, making him HARDER to KO for each second you allow him to live. With those three badges, plus a customized moveset to your liking, he puts everyone to shame. Not to mention he can jump mid-air FIVE OR MORE TIMES! PLEASE NERF THIS THING!

Well, you used equipment which is bound to make some characters super OP or even broken. Every custom character is made to cover for their original weaknesses, like giving Little Mac a bunch of Speed so that he jumps higher and what not (which is why equipment is banned in general at tournaments). Plus the custom moves Meta Knight gets are to HELP him from his brawl nerfs, otherwise people would say DK is too OP because of his Storm Punch custom (which is also banned). A better perspective to look at characters is without customs, where we see (in 1.0.5) had overpowered Diddy with the famous "Hoo-Ha" combo. They nerfed him in the recent update where up air doesn't kill as early now. That's another thing, we have character balancing updates so that no character is completely advantageous over another. That's about it, good day!

Well, you used equipment which is bound to make some characters super OP or even broken.
Well, then, with that in mind, Meta Knight is still sort of overpowered. He is STILL quite heavy for a character his size, and his regular Dimensional Cape does more damage than any of the teleport attacks he has. His Up+B special is just a faster version of the Lazy Shuttle Loop, and the Lazy Shuttle Loop provides more recovery, while his regular Up+B provides more damage. His Drill Rush can change direction, so he can steer himself upward to stop from going off the edge. The Mach Tornado can change direction mid-flight as well. I have seen him take up to 280% damage before being KO-d by somebody such as Little Mac.

Though there are always updates to help fix up game balances in terms of the characters , some characters that I think are OverPowered would be some like Sonic because you need good reaction time to avoid his really high speed and combos and Greninja because some of his attacks deal a lot of damage

True, both of those are pretty OP. @Eridian

Error 404 OP Character Not Found
Did you mean?:
  • Rosalina and Luma

Gandorf is over powerd he's really strong hit's hard and i think he's over powerd i like him im not good with him i do not like him more be coue's he is so strong and i don't like him he's to hard to Ko and and he ko's pepole like a boss i think he's just to op soooooo yeah i don't like him.

Well it also depends on the type of stages you'll be playing on. In Omega stages anyone with a spammable projectile reigns supreme.

Well it also depends on the type of stages you'll be playing on. In Omega stages anyone with a spammable projectile reigns supreme.
Yeah like greninjas down air or the infinite jabs. That can lead to allot of damage. Then his smashes can really kill

Yes, greninja is a little broken. But, ganondorf is even more broken. Rosalina isn't all that broken, luma is.

Yeah that Luma is essential to rosalina.
Ganandorf i agree is, but i guess it was done cause of his failure in brawl

My opinion of an overpowered character is hard. I have a three way tie between Ganandorf , Little mac, and Meda knight. I am not sure exactly but I am open to opinions and a nice discussion. What could help decide is with the weight the normal moves and the damage it can make.

Ganondorf, Greninja and Sonic.
Greninja: "Greninja is very fast and has some low lag attacks. He is also very hard to punish doe to his unbearable air speed and his down air stomp. Also, his attacks has some decent range that's can be helpful for spacing. Ganondorf's down special is aggravating because it is still active when he plunges to the ground due to the shockwave and almost all of his tilts can kill. Mostly probably due to his failure in brawl. Sonic is a fast and a character who has damage racking capabilities. Like his forward special can lead to up air chains and even a back air that is one of his kill moves now.

No the most OP characters are Sheik, Rosalinda, Diddy Kong, Sheik, and zero suit samus because they are top tier and have some amazing combo game. There grab combos are so hard to get out of like sheik and Rosalinda has her annoying luma in the way of the battle. Even though you grab her Rosalinda can still get out with her luma in the darn way. Zero Suit Samus because she is so fast and has her nasty grab combos that can lead to devastating 0 to deaths.

I believe that Rosalina and Luma are OP. I'm not saying that they are bad, but the idea of having a team mate that can take hits for you and also make them attack when they are far away from you can give people a hard time. It's more like Ice Climbers but having your partner die and respawn instead of being left out until you die.

I say the most OP characters would be many characters.

Ness is OP from the very start, IF you know how to use his moves properly. He's a powerhouse. Same can be said for Lucas, except he is best when you're up close with combos and such.

Toon Link is OP because of speed, long range and close rang attacks, plus with high jumps. I mean, come on, how is he not OP?

Link (reg) is OP on small stages Form mode. No chasing so no running a lot, plus high power equals death catapult.

Shulk is definitely OP. He can increase one stat for a downfall in another, but one change of a special move really increases it. More power for less time. One good swing, you are dead. Just running or jumping, you won't hit him for awhile. Plus Vision, he will destroy you.

Villager is OP. He uses rockets, bowling balls, he can fly by balloons, he uses anything he can catch. Ness's electricity, Mario's fireball, Samus's missile AND charge shot. You better watch out.

And Finally Little Mac. Best on Form stages or Final Destination, but if he doesn't have to jump, you are beat. Nearly as fast, maybe as fast, Maybe faster than Toon Link, and as strong as (reg) Link or Ganondorf, as long as there are no extra platforms for you to jump on, you WILL be destroyed by this tiny boxing champion.

Didn't see the top... Ignore Villager and Little Mac, would ya?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jamesnail12
Ness' biggest issue is his (Really pathetic) lack of range and slow movement speed. Has a good grab and great up close game but it's getting in that you'll have a LOT of trouble with.

It's actually really interesting to see Ganondorf here. I figured with his slow move speed he'd be a bit easier to counter, though that's not saying much, considering any Bowser with even a little experience is really hard for me to beat with Samus.

Ness' biggest issue is his (Really pathetic) lack of range and slow movement speed. Has a good grab and great up close game but it's getting in that you'll have a LOT of trouble with.

It's actually really interesting to see Ganondorf here. I figured with his slow move speed he'd be a bit easier to counter, though that's not saying much, considering any Bowser with even a little experience is really hard for me to beat with Samus.
I agree with what was said about Ness. But, don't be surprised to see Ganondorf here, since he was super weak in all previous games. Naturally, Nintendo had to amp him up just a little bit so he would stand a chance against the new stuff. But, as always, Nintendo went overkill and made Ganondorf the ultimate murdering machine at any range in Omega stages. Need something dead? Flame Choke. Need some invulnerability against an oncoming projectile? Wizard's Foot. Need recovery? Dark Vault. Need to launch something into oblivion? Warlock Punch. I have held my own against my friends with Ganondorf and gotten 11 kills before I died, and it was 1v3. This guy is the ultimate powerhouse, and excellent defenses to boot.

I say the most OP characters would be many characters.

Ness is OP from the very start

Toon Link is OP

Link (reg) is OP

Shulk is definitely OP.
Well, that is an interesting list. Never imagined that Toon link would be considered OP, but now that I think about it, he is slightly broken *COUGHCOUGH*ARROWSPAM*COUGHCOUGH*. Link is my main, so I certainly agree that he is a death catapult. Shulk should be banned from online for all the free stat boosts. #MuchOpSuchWow
Ness is obviously broken, just about everybody has put Ness on their list.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow where is rosalina and luma they are one of the most OP charachters I know and what about diddy kong hes pretty OP for a tiny tiny monkey don't you think and of corse villager is up there he is a newcomer and his is one of the most OP charachters already and i did't stand a chance to a pro online with him[stupid slingshot] but now i kick but with greninja and im suprised why he isnt on your list because how i play him he should

wow where is rosalina and luma they are one of the most OP charachters I know and what about diddy kong hes pretty OP for a tiny tiny monkey don't you think and of corse villager is up there he is a newcomer and his is one of the most OP charachters already and i did't stand a chance to a pro online with him[stupid slingshot] but now i kick but with greninja and im suprised why he isnt on your list because how i play him he should
Read upwards and you will see lots of Rosalina and Lumas. Diddy Kong got nerfed, so his Hoo-Ha combo isn't as effective anymore. Villager is too broken for anybody's standards. Greninja isn't powerful enough, but he is good.

Back