Most Creative Pokemon Generation?

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Matthew

Matthew

WE ARE... MARSHALL!!
Towns Folk
What's the most creative generation in the series? Why?

Personally, I believe Ruby and Sapphire added in lots of creative methods of gameplay into the series. Different terrains, underwater exploration, two teams.

Pokemon Emerald has the Battle Frontier, :angelic:

I loved the third generation as well (Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald).

I honestly believe that Generation One, is the most creative hence it started the entire Sega, but If I really had to choose, I'd say Generation Two, Gold & Silver just because it has a "Back in Time" trade feature, since it was suppose to be the last game.

Reactions: Matthew
GenI if it counts, yeah.

GenII for the Pokemon species.

GenIII for the gameplay-related things.

GenV for not using a generic Pokemon plot.

What's the most creative generation in the series? Why?

Personally, I believe Ruby and Sapphire added in lots of creative methods of gameplay into the series. Different terrains, underwater exploration, two teams.
I liked that RSE Games, they were creating, my favorite addition added was the Battle Frontier, it was really fun and challenging.

Generation 4 was the most creative in my opinion.

I mean seriously, what's more creative than: a dinosuar that controls time, firery monkies, a kick-butt penguin, and some turtle that evolves into a tree? Nothing, and that's exactly why 4th gen is super awesome. =D

Generation 4 was the most creative in my opinion.

I mean seriously, what's more creative than: a dinosuar that controls time, firery monkies, a kick-butt penguin, and some turtle that evolves into a tree? Nothing, and that's exactly why 4th gen is super awesome. =D
My hang up with Gen 4 is Arceus. They made a god pokemon? What happened to Ho-oH filling that position?

And, turtwig resembles Bulbasaur a bit to much for my liking. As infernape resembles Blaziken imo

Reactions: Flarence
My hang up with Gen 4 is Arceus. They made a god pokemon? What happened to Ho-oH filling that position?
And, turtwig resembles Bulbasaur a bit to much for my liking. As infernape resembles Blaziken imo

Well yeah. . . but there's Lucario! How about Weavile, Electivire, Frosslass, Togekiss, Rhypherior, not to mention the eeveeloutions. And remember, there was Lucario! <3

I like 4th Generation more, it's the most creative for for me. :D

Reactions: Flarence
I'm going with the first generation, since that was the generation that started it all and had all of these never before seen creatures. They just started running out of ideas after the fourth generation, sadly.

Pokemon Gold/Silver has the better generation feel to me, they introduced really good Pokemon in that series and I enjoyed the game also, if we were talking bout the game that has the most creativity I will say Pokemon Ruby,Sapphire,Emerald they introduced so many of door opening features that contributes a lot to today's Pokemon game.

I doubt anyone is going to say Gen V here but to be honest Gen I Because it started everything and i never got to finish 3rd or 2nd Gen. I never finished them.

The 3rd Gen because it added Double Battles however you could argue that Gen 2 was the most creative for it introduced Shuckle, Perish Song, and 2 new types.

First generation would be the most creative in my opinion because that's where from everything started, that's from where the creativity started.

i would say generation 1 2 and 3 were the best as as @Limperakis said , it was were everything started and where everything was being developed - i liked the new pokemon , terrains , how pokemon walk beside you and everything :p

Reactions: Limperakis
Gen III added Abilities, Double Battles, EVs, and other battle related things. Not to mention, Hoenn was really awesome and creative because it was so adventurous :D

I would go with generation 1 for creating the whole concept,ideas and even the first several classic Pokémon.But I'm also with generation 5 as it has a more original feel to it and turned the series around once again,it also included a new set of a hundred Pokémon.

Gold and Silver or Ruby and Sapphire. It's hard to choose because both games added so many features.

Every Generation was creative for me. Why ?
  • Gen 1: The Gen Who Started The Series
  • Gen 2: Two Regions to visit, and a good backstory !
  • Gen 3: As everybody said, it introduced Double Battles
  • Gen 4: Possibility to talk to your Pokemon (HG/SS, D/P in a certain Park), Graphics were also upgraded
  • Gen 5: Triple Battle and the ones who spin (forgot the name) were introduced.
  • Gen 6: 3D Graphics, Mega-Evolutions and User Interaction with the Pokemons.
So, I can't really tell if a Gen was better than another. They all brought their exclusivities.

Reactions: Reece
Back