Most difficult Zelda game?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
I think that the most difficult of all the Zelda games would have to be Breath of the Wild. It has an extreme learning curve, with multiple game-overs occurring within the first few minutes of the game if you aren't careful. Come to think of it, I'm not really sure why a hard mode was added, as the game is already hard enough as is...:dead:

I haven't Played Breath of the Wild but I hear that it's really hard to beat. Apparently Calamity Ganon is super tough to defeat, I'm not sure but that's what people say at least. But if for me, if your counting Spin-Off Games then I'd go with Hyrule Warriors Legends. It's so hard to finish especially since each mission takes 20-30 minutes to complete. To be honest I don't think I'll ever finish it, even if I do there is still a bunch of DLC I could buy that comes with more missions.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, full stop. I'm far from the most skilled player, but that game is brutal, as NES games are wont to be. The leveling system is unforgiving, the item drops and level design are just as merciless, and having to retrace your steps from the starting area every time you die or start the game adds even more difficulty. I only played it on the NES, I beat the first one or two dungeons, died a lot, and haven't touched it since. I accepted long ago that it's a Zelda game I'll likely never be able to beat without save stats, hacks or cheats.

Honorary mention to Breath of the Wild for featuring many creative ways to kill the unwary player. The learning curve may be steep, but not so steep that you cannot climb it.

The CDI games. I don't know what kind of god blessed controller TAG uses or how they managed to get a hang of the controls, but easily the CDI games. Any of them. I think I remember Wand of Gamelon being hardest but it's been a long while.

And if not that? I wanna say Zelda II, but I never actually played it myself , thus I'm gonna hafta second TheDreamingHawk with Oracle of Seasons/Time. I was surprised anyone mentioned that game - it's one of the more obscure ones for sure.

Adventure of Link, but for all the wrong reasons :v

Obviously ocarina of time is my hardest one, in the master quest mode. I mean water temple and jabs jabu belly occupied hours of my gaming time. Also morphain water temple was a real pain in the deku! However I loved the gameplay and puzzle so it may have been difficult but it was fun. By that I can say that ocarina of time may have been the most difficult but it was the most fun!

whats the most hard Zelda game to complete, in your opinion and why? did it put you off from playing it again? Or was it all worth it in the end?
Legend of Zelda:Link to the Past was a PAIN! All of the puzzles are gonna leave you working on the game for months it’s a terribly good game

Most difficult Zelda game in my opinion is Skyward Sword. I love how challenging it can be and I enjoy it. The motion controls add to the games difficulty of it as you have to be very accurate.

The most difficult Zelda game in my opinion? Hm. This is a toughie, but i'll have to say the three Zelda: CG-I games. Now, if this was me a year ago, I would've said Zelda 2, but it's pretty easy to play, if you get the hang of it. However, the CG-I games I never got the hang of. There isn't a way to make save points, considering they haven't been released as vc. So basically, the name of the game is. either you die, or you don't. It sucks having to start over and over again when you die.

Of the 3d zelda’s, majora’s mask is probably the hardest.
Link to the past is pretty hard. I think i used a guide because I didn’t know about the spell thing. Most likely the first game or the second is the hardest though.

I don't find the Legend of Zelda games all that hard, but in my opinion Skyward Sword was the hardest for me. I usually don't bother finding the heart pieces or use the potions so, yeah, it was kinda hard lol.

Oof, all of them were pretty simple for me, but if I had to pick one, I’d say Twilight Princess, because it just confused me for some reason, so I never beat it. :p

You should complete it. I haven't yet but the whole game is really fun and interesting. Planning on playing until I finish the game.

Yeah, there’s a lot of games that I never finished as a youngster that I definitely need to go back to lol

For me, it's probably a cross between Zelda 1's second quest, or Link's Adventure. Playing through the NES Zelda is fun the first time around, but the second quest is a total nightmare. Unless you have a good memory, good luck finding all the dungeons. D: And even then, items and most heart containers aren't in the same places anymore. So you're gonna have to really start searching everywhere for them if you wanna have a small shot at Ganon. :'D

Zelda II's no better, either. Some things won't activate until you do something prior to it, cuz this Zelda has a bit of questing in it. :'D Plus it's easy to wander into a temple you aren't supposed to be in yet. D: And you'll be absolutely slaughtered if you're not at the right level to traverse the temple. And even then, the later temples are unforgiving. Lose all your lives, and you'll have to start all the way back from the start of the game. .-. That means you have to trek ALL the way back to wherever you died at to try again. And who knows if you'll even get there alive???

Reactions: Samster
Back