Most frustrating enemies?

• Thread starter Robyn
  • Start date
Robyn

Robyn

The Ace Inquisitor
Towns Folk
What is the one enemy you hate the most and wish to die in a vortex? Many enemies don't bother me...except for one....
The cataquack! {it even sounds evil! >.< }
So here I am walking down Gelato Beach in Super Mario Sunshine and boom it hits me and makes me fly into the moon! Not bad at all....until another one hits me! And then another...and another...then after fifty of em hits me I'm dead because they also do damage when they hit you.

Most frustrating enemies for me are boos. They sneak up behind you and there is no way to kill them. If they drive you into a corner your screwed. I used to die to boos so much because of their magical invincibility. Stupid ghosts.

That award most definetly goes for the Hammer Bros. as far as my experiences with Mario games go.In literaly almost any Mario platforming game,you encounter at least like ten of these guys,but the ammount of lifes lost because of these trolls is far bigger.They always keep throwing hammers at you,and when I say always,I literaly mean that they never,ever,stop,throwing hammers on your face.These guys are the main reason why I'm still stuck in world 5 of Super Mario Bros.. :(
Seriosly,the Hammer Bros. are what you could call my worst nightmare in Mario games,and my most hated ones at that. :writing:

I think the most frustrating enemy is bowser.jr

Sledge Hammer Bros. (in SMB3) as he can paralyze you if your grounded and acts like a normal Hammer Bro. Giant Boos from SMG and SMG2 are pretty scary as your are constantly trying to run away from them (but I think you can look back at them so they aren't that bad). The mini Goombas are evil too because they limit movement and come with a Paragoomba that tries to kill/tea bag you. And then there's Angry Sun and Lakitu which stalk you and try to kill you but aren't that bad if you can hijack Lakitu's cloud or know Angry Sun's movements.

The most annoying enemy is iggy koopa from new super mario bros wii. Now I know he was in mario hotel and smb3 but not as annoying. In new super mario bros wii he straight up gets a giant and stands and rolls on it. It doesn't just push you off the stage you fly off the stage. If that wasn't bad enough he summons mini balls that will require 100% weave game on top of the damaging wand. So even though this wasn't the hardest boss in the game it was the most annoying.

I would have to say the Piranha Plant, in any Mario game. But mostly in the scrollers only because you can be flying through the board and if your timing isn't right and you come up to their warp pipe and aren't fast enough it's game over (or you'll slow down drastically).

The Chucks in Super Mario World. There's a level in that eerie black zone where you have to float passed them, but some of the Chucks are ruthless and can easily pop you. It's next to impossible to avoid their baseballs without running out of air. xD

What is the one enemy you hate the most and wish to die in a vortex? Many enemies don't bother me...except for one....
The cataquack! {it even sounds evil! >.< }
So here I am walking down Gelato Beach in Super Mario Sunshine and boom it hits me and makes me fly into the moon! Not bad at all....until another one hits me! And then another...and another...then after fifty of em hits me I'm dead because they also do damage when they hit you.
My most frustrating enemies are the Hammer Bros! There so annoying that i can rage quit since there almost impossible to jump on or to dodge pass them since the throw and jump a lot, especially in duo! My 2nd frustrated enemies are homing bullet bills, there so annoying since they can home into you while trying to dodge everything as quick as possible!

What if I hate them for onee specific level? I assume that will count. Well it's like 3 total but they're all in the same level and are a pain in it. Super Mario Bros. Wii stage 9-7 They had fire Pihrana plants and Fireball Bros and those little black Pac-Man looking things frozen in the ice but every time a Pihrana shot a fireball or a fireball bro did it melted it and freed the little black Pac-Man guy and that mad that ground unwalkable. Almost all the ground in that level was ice and could e melted. So either the tiny Pac-Mans or all the ice below me would melt and I would fall, both of those would kill me making the stage very infuriating.

Well, here's a list:

In my Opinion,Shadow Queen is the most annoying boss in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door because her hp is so high and you have to beat her 3 times in order to win.At least the music was epic.

The most frustrating enemies for me is the hammer bros. I try to jump or go under the hammer but i then get hit and have to restart the level. I also hate the piranha plants that come out of the pipes. Sometimes i rush and jump on the pipes and then i just get eaten. But i think all these enemies should be in the game to give the games a challenge and not for it to be too easy.

Bloopers, I just hate them. I know that its not that hard to get past them, but when you encounter a whole gang of them coming straight at you. Even the little Bloopers can be a real pain if you try to burn them with the fire flower unless you are dead center. It looks like the star can only hit them.

Ok yes a lot of mario enemies here that if are all in one game will make me never play it again, anyways I would have to say the boo's. Why you can't hit them you just...run and can't do anything else but if you look straight at them it works. My second one would have to be the hammer bros. You try to kill them and they kill you! If you don't have fire flower or similar ones then you are...dead or your power up is gone. You go by him and jump to kill him or get by him and you get hit and may or may not kill him!

In my Opinion,Shadow Queen is the most annoying boss in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door because her hp is so high and you have to beat her 3 times in order to win.At least the music was epic.
Then that means...
You haven't gotten to Bonetail

Bonetail is another hard boss because it has high defense and his attacks are really frustrating.

The most frustrating enemies for me is the hammer bros. I try to jump or go under the hammer but i then get hit and have to restart the level. I also hate the piranha plants that come out of the pipes. Sometimes i rush and jump on the pipes and then i just get eaten. But i think all these enemies should be in the game to give the games a challenge and not for it to be too easy.
I have to agree because Hammer Bros. can hit you with Hammers and they can hit from far.I also agree on Piranha Plants because whenever you jump a piranha plant just attacks you from the pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hammer Bros. definitely xP I first saw them in some level in the Ice World in New Super Mario Bros. and I died plenty times trying to kill them, which was impossible for me to do ;-; The hammers came out in random directions and it was annoying. I think soon I just decided to pass them by running and taking a few hits :p

Same here, I hate those stupid boos, their so annoying

The most frustrating enemy for me would be the lakitus be cause they throw little spiney koopa like enemies down and try to hit you for the whole entire level so they won't stop unless you kill them and steal their clouds or take a risk and try to beat the level without getting hit. Another frustrating enemy is the koopa, every time when I try to jump onto their shell they turn around and then I die. My last frustrating enemy are those football guys that are in super Mario world because they always make me loose yoshi or a life and it is really frustrating when they put them in front of the goal and you try to kill them bit they kill you instead, right at the end of the level.

Back