Motion Controls? - Splatoon

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Still annoyed...
Towns Folk
Do you guys use the motion controls in Splatoon? What do you think of them?

I turned them off as soon as I could, it was quite hard for me to aim properly for them and I didn't have the patience to practice with them if I could just turn them off XD

What about you?

I turned them off as soon as I could, it was quite hard for me to aim properly for them and I didn't have the patience to practice with them if I could just turn them off XD
It was enabled by default when I started playing and by now I've probably gotten accustomed to it so I'll most likely stick with it. I do find it easier to use for aiming faster once I keep my finger next to the Y button and the right analog stick :p

See, I don't really play shooters with regular console controllers (mouse and keyboard ftw), so yeah =P

Marc, you're a weird one. How can you... I just can't ._.

Reactions: Mikaya and 3823
i dont use motion controls my hand shakes and my little sister is annoying when i play she moves the gamepad plus i pefer normal stick controls its more accurate for me

I like the motion controls. I can aim better and it is quicker to spread ink all around. I am terrible with the analog sticks since the camera moves so slow. When you shoot, it only stays locked in one direction, which is a good thing, until you see an enemy. That is were I get screwed since I can't aim fast enough to shoot them. Motion controls work the best for me.

I use the motion controls, but only for the Y axis aiming, I use the right analog stick for the X axis. Motion controls also help when aiming while jumping or following moving targets!

Personally, I prefer the motion controls on as it allows you to turn and look around faster. Splatoon is in my opinion one of the very few games that makes motion controls work! :):)

Motion control is awful... when you're not used to it, but it is actually a lot better than joysticks because, similarly to what you can do with a mouse, you can decide the moment you start moving, the moment you stop moving and the speed in between, all in one move.
So yeah, still keyboard+mouse master race, but motion controls come before joysticks in my ranking.

It only lacks one thing in my opinion but I'm not sure I'll be able to explain it in English. It's the ability to put yourself (not your character, yourself) back into a neutral position when you're done moving. With mouse+keys, you just have to lift your mouse and put it back at the center of your mousepad. But here, you don't have the possibility to easily come back to a comfortable position after moving, without making your character move.

I use motion controls sometimes, I like to switch in between them. Just like Marc said, I am kinda used to motion controls. But I like the r stick option too because I do not have to move. Motion controls are really fun because you can aim with the game pad and its a very precise movement. I am fine with any type of controls as long as I understand it:ninja:

Whan I first started to play the game, it was set to on, but found it difficult to look around. I think it's better suited for experienced players. I turned it off after a short while and I found the controls much easier to manage. It's nice and all, but I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea. :p

resetting to the normal position every time was annoying.

I use the joysticks. Having the GamePad shake everywhere makes it hard to aim.

It all sort of depends on the weapon. The only time I ever even consider having motion controls on is when I'm sniping. It's good to have that extra mobility for moving targets and close shots.

I kept the motion controls because they are handy in situations like jump-aim with a roller
and advanced quick weapon draw techniques.

With mouse+keys, you just have to lift your mouse and put it back at the center of your mousepad. But here, you don't have the possibility to easily come back to a comfortable position after moving, without making your character move.

Try Y, it resets the camera

Try Y, it resets the camera
I know that, but it doesn't do the same thing as lifting your mouse and putting it back in the middle of your mousepad.

What I'm asking for basically is
1) aim at something, which makes you move your arms (mouse or gamepad)
2) do some movement with your controls (like lifting your mouse)
3) you are still aiming at the same thing as in 1 but you are in the most relaxed position ever (mouse in the middle of the mousepad for example)

So yeah, with a mouse it works great with what I said. But on the gamepad, pressing Y just makes the camera move again, and you're still in the same position than in 1, so it doesn't help doing what I'm looking for.

I know that, but it doesn't do the same thing as lifting your mouse and putting it back in the middle of your mousepad.

What I'm asking for basically is
1) aim at something, which makes you move your arms (mouse or gamepad)
2) do some movement with your controls (like lifting your mouse)
3) you are still aiming at the same thing as in 1 but you are in the most relaxed position ever (mouse in the middle of the mousepad for example)

So yeah, with a mouse it works great with what I said. But on the gamepad, pressing Y just makes the camera move again, and you're still in the same position than in 1, so it doesn't help doing what I'm looking for.

So... too sensitive?

So... too sensitive?
No. You didn't get what I said.
But I just found a way to put it very simply, I don't know why I didn't think of it before...

With a mouse, you can reset your body position without moving your character in game.
With the gamepad, you can reset your character's position (or camera, same kind of things) but your body is still in the same position.

Those are not the same thing (and none involve sensitivity, where did you read that ?).

Well I meant like if you try to keep still it moves anyway...
eh, whatever. It's how it is. I guess I'm acting stupid .3.

I guess since I'm used to play shooters on console (with a controller), to me it's just easier with the sticks since I'm used to that.

I tried both, as in I played the Global Testfire with them off, and started playing the full version with motion, and then stuck with motion for the rest of eternity. I'm pretty mixed with how much I use mouse or controller for other pew-pew games, so Splatoon just kinda ended up being one that I use the not-controller (as the motions do not exactly function like a mouse).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back