Motion Controls? - Splatoon

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Splatoon is basically the only console shooter I can stand to play, specifically because of the motion controls. I absolutely loathe being stuck with analog sticks for shooters, and frankly wish that if more "traditional" shooters come out for the wii u, they find a way to let me use the wii remote instead of the blasted analog sticks. Mouse+Keyboard best for me, with wii remotes in second, and the motion control setup they have for splatoon coming in 3rd.

I wouldn't have even bothered with splatoon if I was forced to use just the analog sticks. Far too inaccurate and slow for me.

Reactions: Hayleia
I think the motion controls are ok but hard to get used to for beginners.

Sunny appears to be the odd one out on her own thread :p

Motion controls are the splat bomb! I quickly adapted to them after my first 10 games or so. Even though I find myself recalibrating the motion controls right before every match, It's still the best option for me. You're in control of the look sensitivity while using motion, which is awesome especially when an enemy inkling is right behind you. Splatoon made motion controls exceptionally tolerable, and I applaud the developers for that.

Reactions: Mikaya, Hayleia, Samuel_1802 and 1 other person
I rarely use my right stick anymore (if ever, tbh), I've found a very comfortable sensitivity (-3) that allows me to aim accurately only with motion controls with pretty much any weapon I feel like using. There's also the fact that I main a Charger now, motion controls are the go-to settings for that class.

Reactions: Mikaya
The motion controls were so hard to get used to but now I couldn't be better with them with a lot of practice, I have always used motion controls and have been successful with them, it also helps just to aim faster and avoiding any buttons getting stuck so I love it.

I don't use motion controls because I don't like having to turn the remote and all that to look in a certain direction. I think they made motion controls for people that like to move the remote a lot.

Itried it, it was horrible I'm very good at cod and I feel better playing with the analogue stick on (except for cod bo 2 zombies sure its hard to control but the gun moves with you wii remote and you can twist it and stuff so cool when playing zombies)

I don't really like the implementation of motion controls in first person shooters, so I immediately turned them off when I got the game. It is just much easier for me to use the stick-aiming controls rather than having to focus on doing two things at once with the moving of the controller as well as the need for precise aiming and timing of your shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back