Mr. Iwata

• Thread starter 8150
  • Start date

Ultimate Despair
Towns Folk
This is a thread for paying your respects to Mr. Iwata, president of Nintendo, and a man who helped to create some of the greatest nintendo games ever. Mr. Iwata, my favorite games were made with your help. You made nintendo directs memorable. And you helped the company through good times and bad. Words can't express how much the industry will miss you. Rest in peace

Reactions: Yukine, 3823, CJ and 14 others
Rest in Peace Mr. Iwata, You have done a great job changing the gaming community and making it the best it could be. We will always remember you!

Rest In Peace Iwata. You were a great president, and helped create most of our childhoods. You made most our lives much more enjoyable, and we will cherish the stuff you left us with. At least now you are in Skyworld. We look up at you and ask "Why did you leave us?" and you look back down, slowly saying "Please Understand". You will be missed Iwata....

RIP Iwata, I cannot believe you actually died. I couldn't believe it when I looked in my emails and saw a news article saying "Satoru Iwata dies at age 55"... :'(

RIP Iwata. You have made a lot of gamers happy over the years with quality games put in with hard work and inguinuity. You will surely be missed.

Reactions: 3905
Mr. Iwata is my idol. People like him are the reason I got into gaming and even continue my passion. Without all of his contributions to Nintendo and every gamer everywhere, life would have been dull. "Video games are meant to be just one thing, fun. Fun for everyone." - Satoru Iwata (1958-2015)

RIP Iwata, you were the man. Still are the man. A true inspiration and now that he's gone, I wonder who takes over for Nintendo. Regardless, he will be missed. Gone but not forgotten. :'(

RIP Iwata. I'll miss seeing him in Nintendo Directs.

RIP Iwata. I'll miss seeing him in Nintendo Directs.
No matter who takes his place for him, weather it be Reggie, Shigeru or someone else, they can try their best, but it'll never be the same as having Iwata talk -directly- to us.

R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. May you be making the afterlife just as enjoyable as this one.

I think the worst part about all of this is that the final thing he publicly did was apologize for their E3 showing. I didn't get upset about it as much as others, but it stills makes a person feel terrible.

Rest in peace Mr. Iwata, while I may not have agreed with many of your business decisions, you were still a great man that didn't deserve to be taken away at such a young age. Love ya.

Reactions: 3905 and PigMayor
I admire people like Iwata. It's clear now that he skipped E3 last year because of his ill health but he kept it quiet - private. He worked really hard so both the DS and the Wii were huge successes under him. He never finger-pointed and took a huge paycut when the 3DS had a rocky start. Iwata Asks and Nintendo Directs were easy ways for fans to get info about upcoming games and he made them both entertaining. He'll be replaced pretty soon, but in being Iwata he's irreplacable. RIP.

Reactions: 3905 and PigMayor
wow wow wow.... didn't even know he passed, gonna miss his awesome fun attitude on the directs. RIP...

What a shame, to go away so young. He leaves big shoes to fill behind him. He deserved his rest anyway. My thought are with his friends and family.

Reactions: 3905, mrlmaokun and 18
He will never be forgotten and should never be forgotten. We will make a statue of him for him and we will put his name in a golden grabe so he will never be forgotten. He was a great man and a awesome CEO of Nintendo. Whjos next?!? Reggie?!? Sakurai?!? Nothing will be the same without him

One of the most exciting moments in my childhood - and still one of the most exciting moments in my entire life - was being able to go to and explore Kanto in what I thought was the ending of G/S/C. The joy I felt - the smile it put onto my face - was all because of Iwata's work. Not too many people in the world ever had such a profound impact on me. That man is singly responsible for my favorite moment in my childhood. I'll miss ya, buddy.

Reactions: Sabakarp
Rest in Peace Mr. Iwata. Words cannot describe how many people have felt your loss.

RIP Iwata. This was kind of unexpected. We will remember your Nintendo Directs and earlier years. Nintendo may not ever be the same again...

Reactions: PigMayor
He really was one of a kind. Truly humble, caring and loved what he did. He accomplished so much in his time and we were robbed of much more of his greatness. He will never be forgotten and I believe Nintendo will follow in all of his ideas and values. It's a real shame to lose someone like him so early. Someone who really loved games and wasn't just looking for just profit. He went above and beyond may times to help people. Some of of favorite games would be totally different without his input/help. Although his business choices weren't everyone's favorite he upheld Nintendo's visions and was always positive even when things weren't going that great. He cared deeply about his employees , business partners, family/friends, fans and games . He always try to look out the best for everyone and to make things as fun as possible. He wasn't just a suit, he was one of us which is why the impact of his lost affected so many people. We must continue to enjoy games and spread that joy with those dear to us. We will always miss him, but never forget him and everything he did.

RIP Iwata

As said by @Spinnerweb, he's one person people won't forget that soon. And yes, now it sounds clear why he skipped E3.
I'll miss the "Please Understand" and the "-directly-" stuff, but those were jokes. Seriously, I still am stunned about this (I just saw it on the net). He worked hard many years, and even dedicated himself, not only as a CEO, but also as a programmer (Indeed, he helped with a few games!) to make Nintendo's franchises successful.
He may now rest and take a breath; he won't be forgotten, but things will never be the same. Generations of gamers, no matter if they come from the PlayStation, Xbox, or even PC and now "retired" gamers will never forget you and what you have done for us and them.

I still remember last night when I saw the news on Miiverse,I was hoping it was a just a rumor or prank(someone made a post that Miyamoto died earlier this year so.....) but my bro confirmed it by showing a post on google+(If that many people are saying something that serious happened I hated to but believed it)I can only think of how lucky I am to have played games he helped make,specifically my favorite franchise: The Legend Of Zelda.I wish I could do more, but all I can do is hope he's at peace.Bye Iwata...

Back