Music Corner

• Thread starter PersonSP
  • Start date
PersonSP

PersonSP

Writing- 'n-Drawing-aholic
Towns Folk
So I have a friend who has very similar taste in music and we tend to exchange song titles and band names. I figured that stuff would be a lot more fun with more people. So what I'm looking for are people with a similar music style who like to chat and introduce others to nice songs and bands.

:headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone::headphone:

Bands/Artists that I really like
  • Adele
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Hozier
  • Nirvana
  • Foo Fighters
  • Passenger
  • Seether
  • Krezip
  • P!nk
  • Radiohead
  • 3 Doors Down
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • Anouk
  • Three Days Grace
  • Evanescene
  • Arctic Monkeys
  • The Offspring
  • The Fray
  • Imagine Dragons
  • People in Planes

Stuff I listen to every now and then (not too often)

• Lilly Allen
  • Gorillaz
  • BLØF
  • R.E.M.
  • John Mayer
  • Emili Sandé
  • Pink Floyd
  • Two Steps from Hell
  • Panic! at the Disco
  • Tracy Chapman
  • Scala & Kolacny Brothers
  • Linkin Park
  • Coldplay
  • The Black Keys
  • Santana
  • Caro Emerald
  • Silvergun

I also like listening to all sort of game and rock music in calm piano versions. Of course there are lots of bands and artists of which I like only a few songs but I figured I shouldn't make this list too long. :p Please ask stuff about the listed bands and artist and give your own suggestions! I know that there are some bands in that list that only got big in my country (the Netherlands) so I'd be my pleasure to introduce them. :3 Don't be afraid to post if your music taste isn't exactly the same, share the love for your favourites!

Please note; this will only work with people with an at least slightly similar taste in music. If you are in love with Night Core/obscure German pop/Techno I'd advise you to create your own music corner. ;-)

Tagging @Spinnerweb because we had a fun talk about music a while ago :D

Reactions: 18
i like
b.o.b
drake
royal tailor
lil wayne
tyga
one republic
maroon 5

i like
b.o.b
drake
royal tailor
lil wayne
tyga
one republic
maroon 5
Errr... if that's all then I doubt our music tastes match (that's all R&B and Rap right?):confused: Did you read the thread? I'm more pop/rock orientated it seems.

Errr... if that's all then I doubt our music tastes match (that's all R&B and Rap right?):confused: Did you read the thread? I'm more pop/rock orientated it seems.
oh okay

i like linkin park and coldplay

Last edited by a moderator:
i like linkin park and coldplay
cool! What's your favourite Coldplay song? Mine is probably God Put a Smile Upon Your Face or What If.
Somehow their songs always get me in a bit of a sad mood. But they're quite peaceful too. As for Linkin Park my favourite would quite boringly be Numb. Linkin Park sounds a bit like some Nine Inch Nails songs. maybe you would like them too? I recommend Discipline and Every Day is Exactly the Same. Discipline is really catchy, Every Day is Exactly the same has a slightly more depressed sound to it but it sounds more Linkin Park-ish to me.

Reactions: Moon Rain
my fav coldplay song is viva la vida and my fav link park song is burn it down

Favourite kinds of music:
  • Hard rock/classic rock
  • Heavy metal and metalcore
  • Blues rock
  • Punk rock
Favourite 'older' bands (not that they'll ever grow old :love: ):
  • Led Zeppelin
  • AC/DC
  • Alice Cooper
  • Iron Maiden
  • Bon Jovi
  • The Clash
  • Black Sabbath
  • Ozzy Osbourne
  • Metallica
  • W.A.S.P.
  • Deep Purple
  • Motley Crue
  • Pantera
  • The Who
  • Pink Floyd
  • Sex Pistols
  • Guns N' Roses
  • Nirvana
  • Alice in Chains
  • Joan Jett
  • Foo Fighters
  • The Beatles
  • Queen
Favourite 'newer' bands (post-1995):
  • Bullet For My Valentine
  • Avenged Sevenfold
  • AxeWound
  • Airbourne
  • Voltaire
  • Bring Me the Horizon
  • Cancer Bats
  • Black Veil Brides
  • System of a Down
  • Tokio Hotel
Bands I listen to every now and then:
  • Dear Superstar
  • AFI
  • Orianthi
  • Skillet
  • Sick Puppies
  • Aiden
  • Disturbed (I used to be a pretty big fan until David Draiman became such a jerk)
  • Britt Black (her only album is great; no one seems to know what happened to her after that, but she doesn't seem to have been seen in almost a decade *scared face*)
Bands that haven't been great yet but look promising to me:
  • Asking Alexandria
  • Rise to Remain
Bands I dislike:
  • Device
  • Babymetal (I haven't even listened to their music, but any 'metal band' whose members don't even play any instruments, supports Lady Gaga of all people and try to replace the sign of the horns doesn't deserve the success they've had. 'Newborn metal' my foot. \m/)
  • Linkin Park (they're the only 'rock' band that's popular in my country, but yeesh, they are disappointing.)

Last edited:
Reactions: PersonSP
Favourite kinds of music:
  • Hard rock/classic rock
  • Heavy metal and metalcore
  • Blues rock
Favourite 'older' bands (not that they'll ever grow old :love: ):
  • Led Zeppelin
  • AC/DC
  • Alice Cooper
  • Iron Maiden
  • Bon Jovi
  • The Clash
  • Black Sabbath
  • Ozzy Osbourne
  • Metallica
  • W.A.S.P.
  • Motley Crue
  • Pantera
  • The Who
  • Pink Floyd
  • Sex Pistols
  • Guns N' Roses
  • Nirvana
  • Alice in Chains
  • Foo Fighters
  • The Beatles
  • Queen
Favourite 'newer' bands (post-1995):

• Bullet For My Valentine
  • Avenged Sevenfold
  • AxeWound
  • Dear Superstar
  • Bring Me the Horizon
  • Cancer Bats
  • Black Veil Brides
Bands I listen to every now and then:

• AFI
  • Skillet
  • Sick Puppies
  • Disturbed (I used to be a pretty big fan until David Draiman became such a jerk)
Bands that haven't been great yet but look promising to me:
  • Asking Alexandria
  • Rise to Remain
Bands I dislike:
  • Device
  • Babymetal (I haven't even listened to their music, but any 'metal band' whose members don't even play any instruments, supports Lady Gaga of all people and try to replace the sign of the horns doesn't deserve the success they've had. 'Newborn metal' my foot. \m/)
  • Linkin Park (they're the only 'rock' band that's popular in my country, but yeesh, they are disappointing.)
Wow lot's of bands I have questions about! I'm still a barbarian when it comes to "old" music, so what are your favourite songs per band? Bands I do know pretty well are AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Foo Fighters (what's old about them??) and some Queen. But of course I still want your favourites! I like Skillets Monster but the rest of the songs don't really hit the spot to me. The other every now and then bands; I don't know them, any suggestions? As for Linkin Park: Most of the new songs are awful and I wouldn't exactly call their style rock, but some of the older songs are pretty good. Also: I don't see Seether in the list! You really should try some of their songs, I don't know if I said it before but Remedy is great.

Wow lot's of bands I have questions about! I'm still a barbarian when it comes to "old" music, so what are your favourite songs per band? Bands I do know pretty well are AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Foo Fighters (what's old about them??) and some Queen. But of course I still want your favourites! I like Skillets Monster but the rest of the songs don't really hit the spot to me. The other every now and then bands; I don't know them, any suggestions? As for Linkin Park: Most of the new songs are awful and I wouldn't exactly call their style rock, but some of the older songs are pretty good. Also: I don't see Seether in the list! You really should try some of their songs, I don't know if I said it before but Remedy is great.

D:

Foo Fighters aren't old, yeah, but I thought, pre-1995 so that would mess up my lists and kick my OCD into high gear :p I did listen to Seether, they're just not in the list yet :giggle:

Most of them are obvious choices mixed in with some really obscure ones to prove what a rabid fan I am. I'll recommend some.
Led Zeppelin: 'Stairway to Heaven', 'Achilles Last Stand', 'When the Levee Breaks', 'Communication Breakdown', 'Good Times Bad Times', 'Candy Store Rock.'
AC/DC: 'Back in Black', 'Highway to Hell', 'Thunderstruck', 'Moneytalks', 'For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)', 'Whole Lotta Rosie', 'Nervous Shakedown', 'Rock'n'Roll Train', 'Rock or Bust.'
Alice Cooper: 'School's Out', 'Poison', 'I'm Eighteen', 'No More Mr. Nice Guy', 'Vengeance is Mine', 'The Saga of Jesse Jane', 'Caffeine.'
Bon Jovi: 'Livin' On a Prayer', 'Say It Isn't So', 'You Give Love a Bad Name', 'Born To Be My Baby', 'I Want to Be Loved', 'Keep the Faith.'
Iron Maiden: 'Hallowed Be Thy Name', 'The Trooper', 'Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter', '2 Minutes to Midnight', 'The Number of the Beast', 'Fear of the Dark', 'El Dorado.'
Bullet for My Valentine: 'Breaking Point', 'Hand of Blood', 'Tears Don't Fall', 'Just Another Star', 'Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow', 'No Control', 'Waking the Demon', 'Your Betrayal', 'Not Invincible', 'Raising Hell.'
Avenged Sevenfold: 'Unholy Confessions,' 'Afterlife', 'A Little Piece of Heaven', 'Bat Country', 'Chapter Four', 'Second Heartbeat.'

Last edited:
Reactions: PersonSP
D:

Foo Fighters aren't old, yeah, but I thought, pre-1995 so that would mess up my lists and kick my OCD into high gear :p I did listen to Seether, they're just not in the list yet :giggle:

Most of them are obvious choices mixed in with some really obscure ones to prove what a rabid fan I am. I'll recommend some.
Led Zeppelin: 'Stairway to Heaven', 'Achilles Last Stand', 'When the Levee Breaks', 'Communication Breakdown', 'Good Times Bad Times', 'Candy Store Rock.'
AC/DC: 'Back in Black', 'Highway to Hell', 'Thunderstruck', 'Moneytalks', 'For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)', 'Whole Lotta Rosie', 'Nervous Shakedown', 'Rock'n'Roll Train', 'Rock or Bust.'
Alice Cooper: 'School's Out', 'Poison', 'I'm Eighteen', 'No More Mr. Nice Guy', 'Vengeance is Mine', 'The Saga of Jesse Jane', 'Caffeine.'
Iron Maiden: 'Hallowed Be Thy Name', 'The Trooper', 'Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter', '2 Minutes to Midnight', 'The Number of the Beast', 'Fear of the Dark', 'El Dorado.'
Bullet for My Valentine: 'Hand of Blood', 'Tears Don't Fall', 'Just Another Star', 'Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow', 'No Control', 'Waking the Demon', 'Your Betrayal', 'Not Invincible', 'Raising Hell.'
Avenged Sevenfold: 'Unholy Confessions,' 'Afterlife', 'A Little Piece of Heaven', 'Bat Country', 'Chapter Four', 'Second Heartbeat.'
I'll be listening then!

Viva La Viva! Coldplay

Didja listen to any of the ones I recommended? :)

My genre:
  • progressive rock/metal (represented by Dream Theater, and Sound/Linked Horizon)
  • neoclassical/ethereal wave (represented by Akiko Shikata)
  • chiptune, 8-bit music (many artists, but you should listen to BraveWave's releases for example)
  • trance (mostly Japanese artists. I love ZTS, taishi, and Nhato)
  • Jpop (represented by School Food Punishment)

Didja listen to any of the ones I recommended? :)
Not yet, I've got an outragous amount of homework. Of course I already know 'Stairway to Heaven', Back in Black', 'Highway to Hell', 'Thunderstruck' and 'Moneytalks', and probably some more just not by name but i didn't listen to the other stuff yet.

Bands/Artists I really like

Frank Zappa (Experimental Rock)
LCD Soundsystem (Dance Punk/Electronica/Synth Pop)
Andrew Jackson Jihad (Folk Punk)
Dire Straits (Rock)
Fugazi (Post Hardcore)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Experimental Rock/Drone/Ambient)
Leonard Cohen (Folk)
Bright Eyes (Folk)
MF Doom (Hip Hop)
Neil Young (Folk)
Pixies (Indie Rock)
The Velvet Underground (Experimental Rock/Art Rock)
Dead Kennedys (Punk)
Death Grips (Experimental Hip Hop)
Neutral Milk Hotel (Indie Folk)
King Crimson (Experimental Rock)
My Bloody Valentine (Shoegaze)
Swans (Noise Rock/Experimental)
Wu Tang Clan (Hip Hop)
Public Enemy (Hip Hop)
Herbie Hancock (Jazz Fusion)
Miles Davis (Jazz Fusion)
Queen of the Stone Age (Rock)
Electric Wizards (Doom Metal)
Iceage (Post Punk)

My playlist:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Foo Fighters
Taylor Swift
The Corrs
Spice Girls
REM
Avril Lavigne
Silverchair
Backstreet Boys
Ariana Grande
Scorpions
Nirvana
Ramones
Metallica
Aerosmith
Alanis Morissette
Linkin Park
Shania Twain
Dire Straits
Men At Work
Alejandro Sanz
Skank
The Cranberries
Lenny Kravitz
Jimi Hendrix

Last edited:
My playlist:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Foo Fighters
Taylor Swift
The Corrs
Spice Girls
REM
Avril Lavigne
Silverchair
Backstreet Boys
Ariana Grande
Scorpions
Nirvana
Ramones
Metallica
Aerosmith
Alanis Morissette
Linkin Park
Shania Twain
Dire Straits
Men At Work
Alejandro Sanz
Skank
The Cranberries
Lenny Kravitz
Jimi Hendrix
That's an odd mix, Taylor Swift and Nirvana? :eek:Never thought I'd hear that combination. How come? Seems like you've got a really broad music taste!:thumbsup:
Bands/Artists I really like

Frank Zappa (Experimental Rock)
LCD Soundsystem (Dance Punk/Electronica/Synth Pop)
Andrew Jackson Jihad (Folk Punk)
Dire Straits (Rock)
Fugazi (Post Hardcore)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Experimental Rock/Drone/Ambient)
Leonard Cohen (Folk)
Bright Eyes (Folk)
MF Doom (Hip Hop)
Neil Young (Folk)
Pixies (Indie Rock)
The Velvet Underground (Experimental Rock/Art Rock)
Dead Kennedys (Punk)
Death Grips (Experimental Hip Hop)
Neutral Milk Hotel (Indie Folk)
King Crimson (Experimental Rock)
My Bloody Valentine (Shoegaze)
Swans (Noise Rock/Experimental)
Wu Tang Clan (Hip Hop)
Public Enemy (Hip Hop)
Herbie Hancock (Jazz Fusion)
Miles Davis (Jazz Fusion)
Queen of the Stone Age (Rock)
Electric Wizards (Doom Metal)
Iceage (Post Punk)
Sounds interesting, any favourite songs?
Also, @Spinnerweb I am listening my way trough your recommendations. I just listen to Achilles Last Stand. It's pretty long and even catchier, thank for telling me about it! It's pretty energetic too. Definitely need to look up the lyrics.

On a unrelated note, I was listening to this a few moments ago:
It's a song from Anouk (Dutch pop-rock singer), I really love it. Anouk is great. When she sang this song at a festival someone from the public threw an egg at her and it hit her shirt. Her reaction? She threw away her T-shirt and did the whole performance in just her bra! Best reaction ever! Also, here's a newer version of the song, reggae-style. Same artist, same song, different mood.
then you might be interested in the version from the festival I mentioned and in a live record at the same festival 11 years later. (It seems like she just got better!)

Reactions: Rockback and 18
Yeah, I know, I just like different styles, but I think it's funny anyway. I really like all of them! haha

Anouk sounds like my kind of singer. :oops: I just watched her video and she's good musically too. I might have found myself a secondary Joan Jett. Gosh, I love Joan Jett. :D

Good to know you like Achilles Last Stand :cat:

Back