Music that you absolutely cannot stand?

• Thread starter The Governor
  • Start date
I can't stand gansta Rap because
1. Too much using the "N" word
2. Calling females "B" word and all kind of rude name
3. The beats are soo repetitive and very loud.
And 4. The songs don't make no sense

Heavy Metal because
1. Too much screaming
2. Too violent
3. Its annoying
4. They calls about death over and over and over again.

R&B, bubble gum pop, boybands, and anything that Justin Beiber sings

Its not that Metal annoys me,more the completely opposite
But, gee are same people from the fanbase annoying
You cant even say that a really bad ,but famous band sucks(aka Slipknot) without someone annoying you, because of that

dark horse -i cant stand it at all, whenever it get stuck in my head (which every song gets stuck in my head) i just feel
like slapping my self really hard, its being racist (well not to me, but i do not like it if someone is the oddest one out n people be racist to it, also its pretty obvious that katy perry is messing with human kinds by doing the half man half dog thing, the song is too slow, also the song doesn't even fit the theme, but in the other hand the parody is really funny, it really does make fun of the song :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I can't stand heavy metal. Don't even get why it's considered music at all it just sounds like people turning up the volume on a speaker to max and screaming whatever they want. I also don't like country music, the tone and voice style doesn't go to well with me

I can't stand heavy metal. Don't even get why it's considered music at all it just sounds like people turning up the volume on a speaker to max and screaming whatever they want.

Me sad.

I think you're confusing it with screamo. Listen to some Iron Maiden, mate, Bruce Dickinson's voice is more melodious than anything Carly Rae Jepsen or whatever could hope to accomplish :p

Reactions: Knight Rain
Me sad.

I think you're confusing it with screamo. Listen to some Iron Maiden, mate, Bruce Dickinson's voice is more melodious than anything Carly Rae Jepsen or whatever could hope to accomplish :p
Hm I'll see :p
The majority of what I've seen in heavy metal was just AHHHHHH some lyrics then more AHHHHHH in the song

Hm I'll see :p
The majority of what I've seen in heavy metal was just AHHHHHH some lyrics then more AHHHHHH in the song
Heavy metal has sub-types, and good and bad bands. Most of them are good. I don't mind the screaming, but... yeah >.> it's annoying seeing the best kind of music get judged by the screaming when it isn't even always done. :giggle:

Besides, it isn't screaming about 'whatever they want;' Iron Maiden's lyrics are so intelligent that to understand them you'd need a dictionary, a history book and a mythology reference book open at the same time. :p Just ask @Warbird or @Eightcoins :D

Heavy metal has sub-types, and good and bad bands. Most of them are good. I don't mind the screaming, but... yeah >.> it's annoying seeing the best kind of music get judged by the screaming when it isn't even always done. :giggle:

Besides, it isn't screaming about 'whatever they want;' Iron Maiden's lyrics are so intelligent that to understand them you'd need a dictionary, a history book and a mythology reference book open at the same time. :p Just ask @Warbird or @Eightcoins :D
Also some bands that scream/growl have intelligent lyrics like Napalm Death,their lyrics are mostly about politics and social problems
Metallica also wrote about Novels and History :p (At least when they used to be good)
Kreator used to write stereo typical metal lyrics but they write about Politics,Terrorism and Social Problems since 2001 :p

The loudness thing is true tho,Iron Maiden made a lot of people go deaf .-.

Last edited:
I can't stand rap, bluegrass, country, or metal that is too hard. That being said, I do like some metal, and my favorite genres are pop punk, punk, rock, and alternative.

From most of the posts that I've seen here that are dissing metal, it sounds like you don't even know what you're talking about. .-. No offense, but as @Spinnerweb pointed out, it's hard to just hate 'Metal' as a whole. Every genre has subgenres, and the one you're dissing on @Nightsrain622 is Screamo and maybe Death Metal. And trust me, even some of those songs have meaning. It's just that people disregard it because they can't 'understand the lyrics from the screaming', and aren't in the least bit interested in exploring, but instead let it go because they don't understand.

Also, you didn't enlighten us on what music you actually do like. (inb4 Kidz Bop) :giggle:

Reactions: 4362 and Knight Rain
With the exception being Johnny Cash, I hate country music. It's just rehashing the same concepts, cords, and is just obnoxious. And, as my one friend put it, country music is "farm emo."

Besides that, I'm not a huge fan of "Speed of Sound" by Coldplay. I've had this weird fear of that song for a good part of my life, and I can't really put my finger why that is so.

Also, sorry Queen Beyonce, but I hate "Drunk in Love." What a poorly written song, both instrumentally and lyrically.

Oooh and I can't stand One Republic.

BUT besides all those, I really can listen to anything. My ipod is so eclectic, going from New Age Xylophone Music, to Chinese rock music. One time I went from a classical song to Metallica ^^'

I just don't like country. It hurts my ears a lot. That type of music just doesn't appeal to me. I also don't like how country music sounds. Also heavy metal. It's way too loud and they sing about bad things. It's hurts my head. That is why I don't listen to heavy metal. But I like dub step.

dark horse -i cant stand it at all, whenever it get stuck in my head (which every song gets stuck in my head) i just feel
like slapping my self really hard, its being racist (well not to me, but i do not like it if someone is the oddest one out n people be racist to it, also its pretty obvious that katy perry is messing with human kinds by doing the half man half dog thing, the song is too slow, also the song doesn't even fit the theme, but in the other hand the parody is really funny, it really does make fun of the song :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm sorry but can you please explain how Dark Horse is racist?

Listen to some Iron Maiden, mate, Bruce Dickinson's voice is more melodious than anything Carly Rae Jepsen or whatever could hope to accomplish :p

Carly Rae Jepsen has a good voice tho ;~; She can actually sing live unlike most singers nowadays.

I dislike heavy metal. all I hear is screaming and can barely understand the lyrics.
Country is annoying for the most part besides a few select songs, I actually used to like it as a kid for some reason LOL.
I like rap with meaning but there's a lot of garbage out there nowadays, so I guess I prefer underground rap or lesser known artists who actually put time into their lyrics and sound.

I'm sorry but can you please explain how Dark Horse is racist?

Carly Rae Jepsen has a good voice tho ;~; She can actually sing live unlike most singers nowadays.

Dark Horse is said to be a song about the Illuminati, however that isn't proven. It's just a theory.

I dislike heavy metal. all I hear is screaming and can barely understand the lyrics.
Country is annoying for the most part besides a few select songs, I actually used to like it as a kid for some reason LOL.
I like rap with meaning but there's a lot of garbage out there nowadays, so I guess I prefer underground rap or lesser known artists who actually put time into their lyrics and sound.

Please see my post about metal. Some of these posts are just horrid.

Dark Horse is said to be a song about the Illuminati, however that isn't proven. It's just a theory.

Please see my post about metal. Some of these posts are just horrid.
I specifically said heavy metal. Genres along the lines of Death Metal, Screamo, the hardcore stuff. If it's a song with some screamo here and there, then I'm cool with it. Don't know where a band like La Dispute would stand which I like but anything that has lyrics you simply can't understand are what I don't like. Wish you had read my post so I wouldn't have to explain this, heavy metal does not equal ALL metal.

heavy metal does not equal ALL metal.
I think it does, 'metal' is just short for 'heavy metal.' I think you meant extreme metal (the heavy heavy metal :p). Sorry if I sound like a know-it-all. :panda:

Aye... I only heard Call Me Maybe by accident but I like her better than other pop singers, I think. It was a decent song, I dunno why it gets called overrated when we have garbage like Pitbull's stuff on the loose >.>

Anyway, back to metal - in some bands I absolutely love screaming, in others it sounds horrible. Maybe it depends on what kind of screams they are (metalcore's high screams or death metal's low growls) but usually if a band is good musically (Bullet For My Valentine) then the screaming makes them sound even better and if they're not (Asking Alexandria) then the screaming makes them worse. Maybe it's because no one discusses screams as anything but, no one ever says 'good screaming' or 'bad screaming' like they say of singing voices. >.>

Oh, and I'll add to my list. The music I dislike in detail is:
  • most film music (I have watched very, very few films in my life which had a decent soundtrack. Dazed and Confused had the best soundtrack ever, though.)
  • modern R&B/hip-hop/whatever that sick stuff guys like Pitbull do is called
  • electronic dance music

I think it does, 'metal' is just short for 'heavy metal.' I think you meant extreme metal (the heavy heavy metal :p). Sorry if I sound like a know-it-all. :panda:

Aye... I only heard Call Me Maybe by accident but I like her better than other pop singers, I think. It was a decent song, I dunno why it gets called overrated when we have garbage like Pitbull's stuff on the loose >.>

Anyway, back to metal - in some bands I absolutely love screaming, in others it sounds horrible. Maybe it depends on what kind of screams they are (metalcore's high screams or death metal's low growls) but usually if a band is good musically (Bullet For My Valentine) then the screaming makes them sound even better and if they're not (Asking Alexandria) then the screaming makes them worse. Maybe it's because no one discusses screams as anything but, no one ever says 'good screaming' or 'bad screaming' like they say of singing voices. >.>

Oh, and I'll add to my list. The music I dislike in detail is:
  • most film music (I have watched very, very few films in my life which had a decent soundtrack. Dazed and Confused had the best soundtrack ever, though.)
  • modern R&B/hip-hop/whatever that sick stuff guys like Pitbull do is called
  • electronic dance music

yeah pretty much it's what i said lol
you know bands like a day to remember or dance gavin dance where they have songs that have regular singing but screamo too? yeah those are tolerable to me.

also, do you like studio ghibli films? the composer, joe hisaishi, is really great imo.

also, do you like studio ghibli films? the composer, joe hisaishi, is really great imo.
I haven't watched them a lot, though I'd like to >.> To be honest I prefer the kinds of films Studio Ghibli makes to even Disney. @Cheshire_Cat03 has been pressuring me to watch The Cat Returns and Howl's Moving Castle for a while, so I'll be able to tell you what I think soon :p

Reactions: Isabella and Kiki
I like a lot of music like pop sometimes -_- or dubstep most of the time but what I cannot stand is music taken straight from an Anime I cannot stand anime sorry but I just can't country, or heavy metal, or metal at all...not that I think about it I hate a lot of songs and types of music...-_-

Back