My Game! ( Plus Potatoes ^~^ )

• Thread starter SmashChamp
  • Start date
This looks so cool! I need new games to play anyways. Whens it gonna be out?
It's hard to tell, but most likely, not any time soon. I'll hopefully finish it by the end of the year or something, I've got a good schedule for working on the game, and in May I'll be able to (hopefully) work a ton on my game.

Good Luck! I'll definitely play it when the demo is released

By the way, if you ever want some custom sprites, or edited sprites, give me a shout, I'd love to help. ;)

By the way, if you ever want some custom sprites, or edited sprites, give me a shout, I'd love to help. ;)
I'll keep that in mind!

Could you send me samples of your work?

I'll keep that in mind!

Could you send me samples of your work?
Not really, I delete my old work after a while to keep space on my computer. :confused: But send me a random sprite and tell me what you want changed so I show you. :3 Otherwise I could still make a zombie Pikachu sprite.

Okay, I made a zombie Pikachu really fast.

16_bit_sprites__pikachu_by_toshirofrog-d5hcjfu.png

I tried to keep the edits subtle rather than making it an obviously undead Pikachu. (You know, completely green, spilling its guts, blood everywhere, etc.) I figured it was more of a challenge to make it look a bit unsettling without going all out with the gore. So my version is slightly bleaker, the eyes are a bit more hollow, it look less active and of course the mouth looks creepier. :)

For comparison, here's the original:
16_bit_sprites__pikachu_by_toshirofrog-d5hcjfu (1).png

Okay, I made a zombie Pikachu really fast.

View attachment 12258

I tried to keep the edits subtle rather than making it an obviously undead Pikachu. (You know, completely green, spilling its guts, blood everywhere, etc.) I figured it was more of a challenge to make it look a bit unsettling without going all out with the gore. So my version is slightly bleaker, the eyes are a bit more hollow, it look less active and of course the mouth looks creepier. :)

For comparison, here's the original:
View attachment 12257
That was pretty good! Yeah, my game is aimed to not be gorey in any means. I have an idea for what I want you to do, so expect a PM soon ;)

The games seems cool. RPG maker mv is a great game maker. Excited for the game.

Reactions: SmashChamp
That was pretty good! Yeah, my game is aimed to not be gorey in any means. I have an idea for what I want you to do, so expect a PM soon ;)
Yay! Looking forward to it. :D

Game Update!

• 1st dungeon has been finished!
  • 2nd dungeon is just about finished!
  • Have been continuing the main story a bit!
  • Linx has all his skills finished! ( He's the white haired guy with the kitty ears )
  • Herous's *transformation* has it's stats ready! Gonna add in the main game transformation requirements soon!

Demo progress will be made soon! It's second on my priority list. I do plan on character bios finally showing up soon!

Reactions: 2071
Game Update!

• 1st dungeon has been finished!
  • 2nd dungeon is just about finished!
  • Have been continuing the main story a bit!
  • Linx has all his skills finished! ( He's the white haired guy with the kitty ears )
  • Herous's *transformation* has it's stats ready! Gonna add in the main game transformation requirements soon!

Demo progress will be made soon! It's second on my priority list. I do plan on character bios finally showing up soon!
I totally thought Linx was a girl. :hilarious: Woops. In my defence, he's got real feminine eyes and the base of his face is quite soft.

Good work! Looking forward to the next update (and in particular, the demo)

I totally thought Linx was a girl. :hilarious: Woops. In my defence, he's got real feminine eyes and the base of his face is quite soft.

Good work! Looking forward to the next update (and in particular, the demo)
You aren't the first to think that XD

Your defense is pretty reasonable :p

This may have been already answered, but is the main character Herous always male, or can it be played either way?

This may have been already answered, but is the main character Herous always male, or can it be played either way?
The plan is for there to not be a choice. I may add in a gender choice later choice.

Update on Game Progress!
  • Everyone's stats have been finished.
  • The game's main party has been decided.
  • Have made more skills for the playable characters.
  • All skills for Lena have been finished! ( She's the gal with the purple hair. )
  • Some crafting items have been made.

So yeah, allot of stuff for the playable characters, but not much story wise.

Until the demo..

• Everyone has at lest half their skills ready.
  • Add in some craftable items.
  • Continue the story.

Cool! The hype is real!!! Is the main party the one in the reveal images? (The ones at the start of this thread)

Potatoes, Sasha approves

Cool! The hype is real!!! Is the main party the one in the reveal images? (The ones at the start of this thread)
That's some of the members, but others join.
Potatoes, Sasha approves
:p Idaho also approves :p

If you're interested in making more complex game architecture, the Unreal Engine 4 became free about a year ago ! It's a pretty cool engine ;)

Reactions: SmashChamp
If you're interested in making more complex game architecture, the Unreal Engine 4 became free about a year ago ! It's a pretty cool engine ;)
I'm not sure using Unreal Engine 4 is a good choice if you're beginning or used to something like RPG Maker. If anything, it'll make things worse, because, as you said, it's complex. That's like recommending Unity or C++ to somebody who never programmed before. That's going to make said person hate game developing, while it should be fun.

Back