RMT / Team Help Need help with my competitive team (URGENT)

• Thread starter blitzstriker7
  • Start date
blitzstriker7

blitzstriker7

Rooftop Runner
Towns Folk
I'm making a competitive team for X and Y, Singles/Doubles, doesn't matter.

My current Pokémon list: (They are all EV Trained)

Mega Kangaskhan
  • Adamant, Scrappy, perfect Attack and Speed
  • Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Return, and Power-Up Punch
Mega Blaziken
  • Adamant, Blaze, perfect Attack, Defense, Sp. Defense, Speed
  • Flare Blitz, Sky Uppercut, Swords Dance, and Earthquake
Mega Lucario
  • Jolly, Steadfast, perfect Speed, near perfect Attack
  • Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Iron Tail, and Close Combat
Mega Gardevoir (Not EV trained)
  • It's Diantha's Gardevoir, since I got it from the Ralts (No idea about IVs)
  • Moonblast, Psychic, Magical Leaf, and Thunderbolt
Mega Heracross
  • Event Heracross, Swarm, Adamant, with perfect Speed and near perfect Attack
  • Bullet Seed, Pin Missile, Arm Thrust, and Rock Slide
Mega Pinsir
  • Event Pinsir, Adamant, Hyper Cutter, with perfect Speed and near perfect Attack
  • X-Scissor, Stone Edge, Earthquake, and Return
Talonflame holding the Leftovers
  • Adamant, Gale Wings, perfect Attack and Speed
  • Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, U-Turn, and Roost
Mega Aggron
  • Adamant, Sturdy, perfect everything except Sp. Attack
  • Iron Head, Rock Slide, Earthquake, and Superpower
Greninja holding the Focus Sash
  • Not sure of the nature, or IVs, but Special EV trained, and has Protean
  • U-Turn, Hydro Pump, Extrasensory, and Ice Beam
Mega Manectric
  • Timid, Lightningrod, perfect Sp. Attack and Speed
  • Volt Switch, Flamethrower, Hidden Power Buug, and Protect
Mega Charizard X
  • Adamant, Blaze, perfect Attack and Speed
  • Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, and Roost
Aegislash holding the Leftovers
  • Quiet, perfect Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed
  • Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, Substitute, and King's Shield
Mega Aerodactyl
  • Adamant, Rock Head
  • Stone Edge, Fly, Dragon Claw, Crunch
Ferrothorn holding the Rocky Helmet
  • Sassy, EV trained
  • Power Whip, Thunder Wave, Leech Seed, and Protect
Leave comments below telling me what to do with the team, and what to pick for Singles, and what to change up. Also could use Doubles help. If you'd like to trade, my friend code on my profile. I can get any Dream radar Pokémon, so let me know if I should add Landorus-T

umm first ur team has ubers and no one really likes battling ubers but maybe for battlespot or something, anyway i'd suggest finding 6 ou pokemon u like from this team and have them iv bred by like wayne's breeding shop or something and use that team after u ev train, use smogon as a guide

umm first ur team has ubers and no one really likes battling ubers but maybe for battlespot or something, anyway i'd suggest finding 6 ou pokemon u like from this team and have them iv bred by like wayne's breeding shop or something and use that team after u ev train, use smogon as a guide
Not everyone plays by Smogon you know...

Your Pokemon team has a big weakness to ground types
An Adamant Tyranitar can pretty much OHKO a lot of your Pokemon, but I understand that you have Heracross.
You should really start breeding, as it can mean the difference between surviving with some HP left or killing an opponent that has good defensive stats.
You Kangashkan should at least have HP, DEF and Sp. DEF IVs as Kangashkan is a bulky sweeper.
Swap out Aerodactyl for a Tyranitar, as Aerodactyl isn't that great competitively.
I suggest running Life Orb Greninja with Speed and Sp.Attack IVs at least. Life Orb costs some HP each turn (1/10th.of your HP) But boosts power significantly.
I also suggest replacing Manectric with a Jolteon, as it is better in every way but looks.
Good Luck, BTW! ;)

Not everyone plays by Smogon you know...
fine but no ones gonna enjoy playing vs ur team of ubers

I have been using Smogon's movesets, as this is for BattleSpot X and Y. Thanks @AliTheAce for the Tyranitar Suggestion. I think I'll add one. I think I'm going to keep Greninja with the Focus Sash, just because it helps me KO a lot of stuff. @mosheahron, no offense, but I don't really care about playing with Ubers, since this isn't Smogon, and they can really wreck teams. Most of my team is IV bred, so, I feel pretty good.

Team 2.0:

Aegislash

Mawile

Greninja

Talonflame

Kangaskhan

Garchomp or Tyranitar?

Need help for a choice between the two of them.

I have been using Smogon's movesets, as this is for BattleSpot X and Y. Thanks @AliTheAce for the Tyranitar Suggestion. I think I'll add one. I think I'm going to keep Greninja with the Focus Sash, just because it helps me KO a lot of stuff. @mosheahron, no offense, but I don't really care about playing with Ubers, since this isn't Smogon, and they can really wreck teams. Most of my team is IV bred, so, I feel pretty good.

Team 2.0:

Aegislash

Mawile

Greninja

Talonflame

Kangaskhan

Garchomp or Tyranitar?

Need help for a choice between the two of them.
I would choose one based on what you are looking to do with them. Tyranitar is a Bulky sweeper that can learn Dragon Dance, and also has Stealth Rock support.
Garchomp, on the other hand s mainly a Physical Sweeper, and with Swords dance, it has unsurmountable Attack. Choose what you prefer.

Aegislash imo should have a Modest Nature because it has no priority and if its Sub is broken and isn't put up again you'd need to switch out (perhaps to TFlame). Personally I like Tyranitar over Garchomp because of bulk and Ice can be common in the form of Water types/Mamoswine while fighting types are a little rarer (but Mega Scizor could be a threat to it). Having more than one Mega on a team can be a problem since you can only Mega evolve one member of your team and then the other Mega Stones are basically a useless item. So do you want Mega Kang or Mega Mawile? (PS if you wanted to use Mega Pinsir I recommend Quick Attack for the Boosts it gets).

fine but no ones gonna enjoy playing vs ur team of ubers
...I never said I play with an Uber team, and like I said, some people don't play by Smogon. Some people may be perfectly fine battling against a team of Ubers, because they might use Ubers themselves.

Anyways, on your Aegislash, I suggest using a Modest nature and to have your EVS like: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 4 Sp. Defense. Also, make sure your IVS goes something like this: 31/x/31/31/31/31.

...I never said I play with an Uber team
mega kangaskhan and mega blaziken r ubers that is an uber team (one uber on a team makes the team uber) and if ur not the one using them then whoever is wont like it, practically no one besides when they use battlespot or for fun uses ubers bc they're not allowed in most competiitve contests, it's usally restircted to ou and under, and the smogon comment umm the big tournaments practically all dont allow ubers

mega kangaskhan and mega blaziken r ubers that is an uber team (one uber on a team makes the team uber) and if ur not the one using them then whoever is wont like it, practically no one besides when they use battlespot or for fun uses ubers bc they're not allowed in most competiitve contests, it's usally restircted to ou and under, and the smogon comment umm the big tournaments practically all dont allow ubers
Just saying, I'm trying to create a doubles team that works like in the VGC 2014. It was all Kalos Dex stuff, so I should be fine. Plus, it doiesn't really matter as long as it's legal in Pokémon

it's usally restircted to ou and under, and the smogon comment umm the big tournaments practically all dont allow ubers
VGCs allow Mega Kang and others so if the VGCs think differently and are more official more power to them. But Smogon is a cult following that is trying to use their understanding to make the game fair for everyone.

Reactions: blitzstriker7
I would choose one based on what you are looking to do with them. Tyranitar is a Bulky sweeper that can learn Dragon Dance, and also has Stealth Rock support.
Garchomp, on the other hand s mainly a Physical Sweeper, and with Swords dance, it has unsurmountable Attack. Choose what you prefer.
I think I'mgoing to try both, just because I have a couple of Adamant Larvitar with Dragon Dance and Stealth Rock, as well as Garchomp with Iron Head/Tail. They're already perfect Adamant /Jolly, so it should be fine.

Aegislash imo should have a Modest Nature because it has no priority and if its Sub is broken and isn't put up again you'd need to switch out (perhaps to TFlame). Personally I like Tyranitar over Garchomp because of bulk and Ice can be common in the form of Water types/Mamoswine while fighting types are a little rarer (but Mega Scizor could be a threat to it). Having more than one Mega on a team can be a problem since you can only Mega evolve one member of your team and then the other Mega Stones are basically a useless item. So do you want Mega Kang or Mega Mawile? (PS if you wanted to use Mega Pinsir I recommend Quick Attack for the Boosts it gets).
My Aegislash is Quiet, and I tested it out yesterday. Since it was trained in SP. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Defense, it really had a lot of bulk and was able to sweep teams which were unsuspecting of Substitute. I think i'll stick with it for now since it works with Trick Room, but I also have a Modest Honedge with 0 IVs in Speed, and a perfect Special Attack, so I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'll update you all later. I probz still need help.

Reactions: CrazyElf
Greninja - life orb - Scald(surf) /dark pulse/ice beam/u-turn or Shadow sneak.

Kangaskhan - mega stone - Fake out(earthquake) /Return/power up punch/sucker punch

Garchomp - choice scarf - Outrage/Fire fang/earthquake /iron head

Talonflame - leftovers - bulkup(swords dance) /Brave bird/flare blitz/U-turn

Ferrothorn - rocky helmet - gyro ball/stealth rock/leech seed/power whipe(knock off)

Tyranitar - assault vest - Stone edge/crunch/earthquake /fire punch

Just saying, I'm trying to create a doubles team that works like in the VGC 2014. It was all Kalos Dex stuff, so I should be fine. Plus, it doiesn't really matter as long as it's legal in Pokémon
okay if that's what ur interested in go ahead i thot it was for competitive battling, enjoy ur team

Reactions: blitzstriker7
okay if that's what ur interested in go ahead i thot it was for competitive battling, enjoy ur team
Thanks!

I've actually started running a Gengar with Trick Room and Mega Mawile with Aegislash and Talonflame, and I've really swept 5-6 teams, out of 10 battles

Reactions: 532 and CrazyElf
Hey, I wanted to ask if you have an extra 5IV Larvitar with Dragon Dance + Stealth Rocks? Could I have one? Thanks in advance.

Back