RMT / Team Help Need help with my competitive team (URGENT)

• Thread starter blitzstriker7
  • Start date
Hey, I wanted to ask if you have an extra 5IV Larvitar with Dragon Dance + Stealth Rocks? Could I have one? Thanks in advance.
I think I do. I'll check. If not, I'll breed one.

Reactions: 532
I have been using Smogon's movesets, as this is for BattleSpot X and Y. Thanks @AliTheAce for the Tyranitar Suggestion. I think I'll add one. I think I'm going to keep Greninja with the Focus Sash, just because it helps me KO a lot of stuff. @mosheahron, no offense, but I don't really care about playing with Ubers, since this isn't Smogon, and they can really wreck teams. Most of my team is IV bred, so, I feel pretty good.

Team 2.0:

Aegislash

Mawile

Greninja

Talonflame

Kangaskhan

Garchomp or Tyranitar?

Need help for a choice between the two of them.

Garchomp, or you'd be too eq susceptible. Have Wide Guard ( for doubles ) as it will help a lot when protecting from rock slides on TFlame and eq on Mawile, and it will throw ur opponents off :p

Actually, I did make myself a Garchomp that runs a Lum Berry with Outrage, Swords Dance/Protect, Earthquake, and Rock Slide. What does 'eq' mean? I might consider adding a Pachirisu for Follow Me support so I can set up Swords Dance.

@AliTheAce, I don't have one, but I am breeding one, so you should have it in a day or two. I'm still making my team, soi I won't be making it today.

Actually, I did make myself a Garchomp that runs a Lum Berry with Outrage, Swords Dance/Protect, Earthquake, and Rock Slide. What does 'eq' mean? I might consider adding a Pachirisu for Follow Me support so I can set up Swords Dance.

@AliTheAce, I don't have one, but I am breeding one, so you should have it in a day or two. I'm still making my team, soi I won't be making it today.
"EQ" is earthquake, and be very careful when setting up in doubles, it can be dangerous unless it's 1v2

"EQ" is earthquake, and be very careful when setting up in doubles, it can be dangerous unless it's 1v2

Garchomp, or you'd be too eq susceptible. Have Wide Guard ( for doubles ) as it will help a lot when protecting from rock slides on TFlame and eq on Mawile, and it will throw ur opponents off :p
I'm thinking of having Wide Guard on my Aegislash. What do you guys think? I'm not sure what else I'd put it on.

I'm thinking of having Wide Guard on my Aegislash. What do you guys think? I'm not sure what else I'd put it on.
I personally would like it on other Pokemon like say Male Meowstic so it gets some more priority. That or Mienshao. If you want Wide Guard then get a better Wide Guard user however it is not required and it only works on EQ/Rock Slide/Avalanche/Sludge Wave/Surf/Muddy Water/Blizzard/etc. which isn't super helpful but I could see those moves being common in VGCs. It is more situational then useful all around (for instance Earth Power and Stone Edge).

I'm mtrying to go with a Garchomp and Charizard lead, with Pachirisu and then probably Aegislash or something

Is a Tyranitar with Dragon Dance, Pursuit, Stealth Rock, and Rock Slide, and Weakness Policy, any good? It's Ev trained in SP. Def (IV), Attack(IV), and Def. It's also Adamant

Is a Tyranitar with Dragon Dance, Pursuit, Stealth Rock, and Rock Slide, and Weakness Policy, any good? It's Ev trained in SP. Def (IV), Attack(IV), and Def. It's also Adamant
If you're going to use a dragon dance Tyranitar, you need speed EVs otherwise you're going to be slower than sweepers after a dragon dance. I also think Jolly nature is preferred for it as well. With an Adamant nature, your speed reaches 331.5 after a dragon dance while with Jolly, your speed reaches 364.5. Weakness policy covers the non-attack boosting nature.

Also, stealth rocks should not be used on a dragon dancing WP Tyranitar. You'll want coverage moves, ;)

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 ATK / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Moves :
- Dragon Dance
- Pursuit / Crunch (crunch might be better for the power)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide (accuracy)

If you're going to use a dragon dance Tyranitar, you need speed EVs otherwise you're going to be slower than sweepers after a dragon dance. I also think Jolly nature is preferred for it as well. With an Adamant nature, your speed reaches 331.5 after a dragon dance while with Jolly, your speed reaches 364.5. Weakness policy covers the non-attack boosting nature.

Also, stealth rocks should not be used on a dragon dancing WP Tyranitar. You'll want coverage moves, ;)

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 ATK / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Moves :
- Dragon Dance
- Pursuit / Crunch (crunch might be better for the power)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide (accuracy)
Thanks, I'll be getting one now. I'm going to use the one I have now to setup and stall

Back