New 3DS flaws to make it worst than the O3DS

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
I really don't mind the SD card slot, and I use my SD card all the time. I just do the wireless connection to my computer through the system setting. It works fine. Its a little slow, but over all I don't really mind it. To me it seems a lot safer, cuz before, when I had my old 3ds, I lost my SD card a couple of time. I found it eventually but it really scared me a couple times. Now I don't have to worry, cuz it stays inside my 3ds the whole time.

I really thing that the whole sd card being inside the system behind a screw is definitely a downer. Though atleast it's a phillips head and not a triwing haha. Though it did make some big improvements I think moving the game slot to the front is something that should have been on the dsi I can't tell you how many times I accidentally bumped a game out or a friend has popped it out. What I don't get about the c-stick is why they couldn't have done the same thing that is on the left side with the abxy buttons under a full stick or above whichever they chose it would have been much better than a nub.

From my experience of having a new 3ds and a old 3ds, I can say that the new 3ds is actually somewhat better, And the only real complaint I had was that it didn't come with a charger but otherwise it is better then the old 3ds by a lot so yeah don't be worried about you haveing a new 3ds instead of a old one :)
PS: I think that the reason the sd card is in the back of the 3ds is because they don't want little kids taking out the sd card when it is reading/writing to the sd card.

I bought a N3dsXL Specifically for MHX. It is faster in the loading department and while the C stick isnt great it does do what its intended to.

As a New 3DS owner and a past first gen 3DS owner I found the 3D track feature to be absolute trash as well as the auto backlight adjust setting. I find it distracting will playing games as well as watching movies.
Also I have found no use of the added C-stick. I find it more useful as a built in eraser than an actual mini circle pad. I've tried the c-stick with The binding of Isaac and it was stubby and hard to use. The c-stick only does the same thing as regular buttons and circle pads do and I only seen no point of it. Though I've seen videos of people modding their c-stick by switching it with a PSP/Psvita stick which I'm willing to try since the modded c-stick actually looks more comfortable than the normal c-stick.

@Eric Cartman, you can watch movies on it??? o_O (Also, you can adjust the brightness balancer if it's giving you that mug trouble.)

Of course we can watch movies on it. The same way we can play GBA games. The eShop has a limited number of GBA games for the 3DS, and by just replacing the rom, we can play any GBA game. Well, the eShop also has a limited number of videos for the 3DS...
Did you think hacks were for pirates and cheaters only?

Reactions: Mikaya
The only flaws i can think of are:
The sd card slot
Hacking it may be difficult as it's on a higher update.

Hacking it may be difficult as it's on a higher update.
They all come on 9.0 and higher, true. Except that
  1. I doubt you'd be able to find an old 3DS on a firmware lower than that
  2. any 3DS (new or old) is completely hackable up to 11.3
  3. any 3DS (new or old) is even hackable on 11.4 with dsiware or hardmod
So this is not a valid argument in favor of old 3DSes.

Yeah, so even then its not even a flaw...

Back