New Character in SSB4?

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

smash_bros_world_hobby.jpg
To begin with, see that "?" below Villager/Next to the Mii fighter?

"Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is making its playable debut in Japan this weekend. The game is appearing at the World Hobby Fair, which ends tomorrow." Source

One enthusiast picked up this flyer and saw that "?" with a faded background. Could we be getting a character reveal at this end of this World Hobby Fair? It could even be a sign of a new character being revealed in the near future (just not at the Hobby Fair). Let me know what you think!

Reactions: jotrock and Super Smash Jordan
That may be a newcomer or a veteran, either way we'll know on Monday's Pic of the Day.

Most people seem to be speculating that it’s either Shulk or Chrom for the reveal. Hopefully we will find out soon.
That is what I read in an article.

Now, we all know what will happen: All the Mewtwo/Ridley/Insert Character Here Who Isn't In SSB4 fanboys will hope that he'll be in (sorry if you thought that's mean, but I couldn't help...)!

But if Fire Emblem could get another character, I wouldn't say no.

I am just glad we are getting the right Mega Man
character-rockman.png

Over the Mega Man Street Fighter X Tekken got.
old-mega-man-in-street-fighter-x-tekken.jpg

Reactions: MathiasDrake
I hope either Shulk or Fiora gets in. I really loved them so much in Xenoblade Chronicles and I'd love to see how they'd fare against Mega Man and Link and Sheik and Samus!!

I'm also fine with any new characters from Xenoblade Chronicles X as they look nice too. Or maybe even Snake again. I'd like Raiden as well. How about Pushmo? Imagine pushing any of your opponents forwards or backwards off the stage. It would be just AMAZING. And also, they could add Batman or someone from Assassin's Creed even. I'd love that. Oh and maybe also Mewtwo as he was in most of them till now if I'm not mistaken. I'd also love to see Dark Link in there or Impa. Maybe Impa will show up as an unlockable character because she's in Hyrule Warriors now. Here's to hoping for the best game of my entire life!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well here's to the hope that Golden Sun gets to represent. Hoping for Isaac!

Well here's to the hope that Golden Sun gets to represent. Hoping for Isaac!
You have heard of the "2 out of 3" rumor, right?

No I haven't. Could you fill me in?

No I haven't. Could you fill me in?
There was a rumor that someone on twitter requested to Sakurai Mega Man, Isaac, and Geno. Sakurai responded saying 2 out of 3. This person thought that he was lying after a while and deleted the tweet. We all know that Geno won't be in so Isaac has to take the spot.

Reactions: campoboy
WOW I really hope that's right
but if not maybe a new Zelda character can anyone say Darunia!

Last edited:
There was a rumor that someone on twitter requested to Sakurai Mega Man, Isaac, and Geno. Sakurai responded saying 2 out of 3. This person thought that he was lying after a while and deleted the tweet. We all know that Geno won't be in so Isaac has to take the spot.

From SSB Wiki,
"2 out of 3" rumor
Shortly after the release of Kid Icarus Uprising, a multitude of screencaps appeared on All is Brawl, showing a conversation on social site Twitter between Sakurai's official account and a Canadian fan.[3] The conversation began with the fan asking for Geno from Super Mario RPG, Isaac from Golden Sun, and Mega Man from his eponymous series to appear. Sakurai's response was "2 out of 3", which the blog author claimed gave credence to the possibility of two of the three aforementioned characters appearing. However, the author also claimed that the Tweet in question from Sakurai was deleted only half an hour after being posted.

The rumor was proven false almost immediately; images showed that in both Sakurai's real Twitter feed (where the Tweet did not appear) and the image showing Sakurai's feed with the "2 out of 3" Tweet both had a Tweet count of 8807. The plausibility of the situation of Sakurai revealing very notable information, then immediately retracting it, was also doubted."

I don't know how you're thinking it's true.

WOW I really hope that's right
but if not maybe a new Zelda character can anyone say Darunia!

Agreed! A new Zelda character would be an awesome addition!

I would love for it to be a Fire Emblem/Golden Sun representative. I don't think Chrom should be in the roster now, since there's already two sword-wielders from the FE series, it would be awesome to see someone like Micaiah (a magic user). For Golden Sun I would definitely recommend Isaac, I would love to see him as a playable character and not just some Assist-Trophy :panda:.

Please, I just want Chrom and Isaac then I don't care who's been left out and/or who's going to be added after those two ;D

Reactions: MLGirby
Hopefully Ness is added

I'm just happy we have mii fightersscreen-1.jpg

Reactions: SilverSaphire, Super Smash Jordan and 18
Where is mewtwo. I want mewtwo. Mewtwo is love. Actually slime was leaked. Maybe the leak is true. o_O

Hopefully Ness is added

yeah either him or Lucas. I would love it if either of them made it. I doubt it, though. xD

they were really awesome in Brawl too.

There's three spots in the roster I think so I imagine who makes it.

Back