AC:NH New Horizons HYPE Thread

• Thread starter Gram
  • Start date
Gram

Gram

Time to Start the Show
Towns Folk
I’m pretty excited to play a new AC since I haven’t played one extensively since Wild World (unless you count Pocket Camp), so I’d like to provide a place to solely spread some hype. Even if I have to drive this hype train myself, I will. Feel free to post any AC: New Horizons-related pictures in the lead up to it’s release. Note that pictures could contain “spoilers” for content in the game, so if you want to go in blind, refrain from looking here.

Here’s a picture of piñata party.

Attachments

• 52838D1B-7A27-4400-A4FB-0737F7DE1932.jpeg
    52838D1B-7A27-4400-A4FB-0737F7DE1932.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Deepak
The official website is pretty neat

1582449680953.png

Reactions: AricAttack, Gram and Deepak
Warning: the following images will spread a lot of hype.

The encyclopedia:
Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 7.51.21 PM.png

This image shows the bugs as well as insect tabs in the top but the deep sea creatures aren't shown. Diving has NOT been confirmed yet.

Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 7.51.32 PM.png

Bottled messages return:
Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 7.51.48 PM.png

Themed shops:
Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 7.51.57 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 7.52.10 PM.png

Golden digging spots return:

Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 7.52.19 PM.png

The acre system returns from gamecube game:

Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 7.52.40 PM.png

Mystery "paint" crafting item:
Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 7.53.00 PM.png

Wisp and the 5 ghost splitting thing returns from gamecube game:

Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 8.01.26 PM.png

And my personal favorite- EXPANDED SLOTS!!!!:

Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 7.53.17 PM.png

LET THE HYPE RAGE ON!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gram
Do we have a list of confirmed villagers

Do we have a list of confirmed villagers

The Animal Crossing twitter account tweeted this, which implies all normal villagers from past games will be returning, plus new villagers. Who seemingly won’t be returning, however, are the Sanrio villagers. Their amiibo cards will only net you a poster of that character rather than the ability to invite them.

Thinking about it, expanded slots makes sense since we're gonna be carrying mats around.

now viewing bug and fish date and times is easier :D

The Animal Crossing twitter account tweeted this, which implies all normal villagers from past games will be returning, plus new villagers.
So like, is Ganon a “normal” villager?

Jesus Christ that inventory space is huge. I wonder if villagers will bury stuff and post it on the bulletin board like they did with the old games with the grid on.

I'm way too hyped
I'm pre-ordering the game, I have like £50 because it was my birthday yesterday, so

I'm way too hyped
I'm pre-ordering the game, I have like £50 because it was my birthday yesterday, so
Well, belated happy birthday to you! :)

Reactions: James
Here’s a few videos showcasing the character creator. Looks like there’s tabs for skin, eyes, mouth, hair, blush, and something marked as a pencil (but only in the 2nd video for some reason). I’m guessing it might be eye makeup. Perhaps only accessible via a makeup mirror?

Reactions: Yumi Chi and Deepak
Some different character creator posts, this time in English. People are noting that the post doesn’t mention picking a gender. Also noting that the pencil tab is once again not being shown.

Constantly changing my style is a major appeal to me, I must admit. It's exciting, waiting to see all the new stuff Horizons is hiding. >w< Interior design was always a fun part for me too, so i wonder how much that has changed....

Reactions: 28142
Constantly changing my style is a major appeal to me, I must admit.

I change my style a lot in Pocket Camp. I tend to get a lot of cool wigs and dresses from cookies, so I actually changed myself into a girl character, which I’ve never tried before. But holy hell if I’m not the cutest.

I am definitely glad we are able to customize characters ourselves. No more answering trivia and getting blind results unless you look it up beforehand.

Here’s a dose of FOMO for you: the booth for Animal Crossing at PAX East. Still not finished either.

8EC9BCEB-359F-4678-B68F-D5A1D099EF53.jpegB37E5A87-986C-4A0A-82DB-D4563B03C38A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back