New Logo(s)

• Thread starter milesose
  • Start date
M

milesose

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I have been bothered by the new logo for a while now and have (am) discussed with @Marc and @Erixsan for a change.
I have quickly made this one:
XGSXJmJ.jpg

More will be added. Answer what you think.

ohhh, that is amazing! I really like it. Simple, but nice. Also, a logo idea - maybe a 3DS with a character coming out of it (a famous Nintendo character) with the text you used in your logo would look awesome!

Looks good. I'm going to be super picky however because the bottoms of "NTEN" are kinda erased off. Can't wait to see others.

Some tips:
1. Remember to respect the size
2. Respect the name of the site: 3DS Pedia.

A little changed version I did:
gB5fjtf.png

Good luck doing a new logo!

Last edited:
@Artisan It's not cut off, the forum cut off the sides a bit :p

@Artisan It's not cut off, the forum cut off the sides a bit :p
Scratch that I overlooked 'bottom'

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mikaya
Maybe like this?:
lL55pDa.jpg

And this is a more abstract idea. Note: the green background and lines change depending on the current season.
snPE2by.jpg

Reactions: xmenpkmntrainer

I actually like this one more than the current one :eek: looks more clean and smooth.

Reactions: milesose
I actually like this one more than the current one :eek: looks more clean and smooth.
Now that you mention it the difference is like the outline/no outline option in SSB for 3DS. The only other difference is the height. The one without the outline does look more natural.

Even when I can add a little shadow to the koopa, the reason of the size was the forum limit.

Off topic: Static or animated?

MVr41F3.gif

@Mikaya
Maybe like this?:
lL55pDa.jpg

And this is a more abstract idea. Note: the green background and lines change depending on the current season.
snPE2by.jpg

No, I mean an actual 3DS with a character popping out of it (without that book and world too in the background) xD

Even when I can add a little shadow to the koopa, the reason of the size was the forum limit.

Off topic: Static or animated?

MVr41F3.gif
Static, can get annoying if animated.

No, I mean an actual 3DS with a character popping out of it (without that book and world too in the background) xD

Actually I would like more any logo without a background.

@milesose The size you must respect is 341x73... It was the rule I had :p

I might do it tomorrow, I'm too lazy right now xD

The new logo is hardly old ... how can anyone be bothered with it yet? I think it's fine. Change for the sake of change alone isn't necessary.

I might do it tomorrow, I'm too lazy right now xD

That won't be a good idea actually. It's a logo, and that will look really small.

Reading through this thread, I'm still at a loss what the issue(s) are with the new logo? What exactly are people hoping to be changed?

Reading through this thread, I'm still at a loss what the issue(s) are with the new logo? What exactly are people hoping to be changed?
To make it look a bit less stretched and mediocre :p
Erixsan said:
For some reason it reminds me of a logo of a Linux distro from 2008 (Probably because of Mandriva 2008 :p)

To make it look a bit less stretched and mediocre :p

Skip the word mediocre. The word means "Moderate to inferior in quality; ordinary."
Next time, "To make it look a bit less stretched and better".

Let's imagine one user did this logo:
3T6Ngtq.png

It doesn't look good but that's the better that user can do.
If another user said it's mediocre, it can hurt to the one who draw it.

Take this like a lesson, because I honestly I don't care about that, but others do.

Skip the word mediocre. The word means "Moderate to inferior in quality; ordinary."
Next time, "To make it look a bit less stretched and better".

Let's imagine one user did this logo:
3T6Ngtq.png

It doesn't look good but that's the better that user can do.
If another user said it's mediocre, it can hurt to the one who draw it.

Take this like a lesson, because I honestly I don't care about that, but others do.
I didn't mean to insult anyone, but tbh it does look like something quickly made.

I made two new ones (a variation of the first one)
V4wRe8P.jpg

zDQaHGK.jpg

Of course I can delete the gradient background effect. Of course... :sneaky:

I didn't mean to insult anyone, but tbh it does look like something quickly made.
Ehm... I didn't mean that, I mean you should should skip that type of opinions to another users...
And it was an example :bookworm:

I made two new ones (a variation of the first one)
V4wRe8P.jpg

zDQaHGK.jpg

Of course I can delete the gradient background effect. Of course... :sneaky:

I honestly don't like it... With or without gradient:
ufUAg0P.png

Back