Do you like new school or old school Disney channel

• Total voters
Yonnasmoov

Yonnasmoov

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
I prefer new Disney channel

I prefer old Disney because I liked the old shows more

I grew up on the Disney Channel. Nothing compares to the old one -- nothing. I'll never forget the day they changed it. I was devastated. I'm pretty sure that if the kids of today were growing up with the Disney Channel I grew up with and the contemporary Disney Channel, they'd never turn the new one on again.

Reactions: 18 and Mikaya
I like the old one, the shows were a lot different back then and Disney like the new one is okay but I liked the one because I grew up with it and it's more live action than cartoon. I loved the old because of the cartoons.

I love the old Disney, since it was my childhood, but I can really see the differences between the old and the new. In my opinion, the new Disney shows aren't as engaging and as diversified as the old ones. Many of the modern shows like Dog with a Blog and I Didn't Do It have hit-and-miss episodes, while the old ones had consistent quality in each episode.

Old Disney wins by a mile. The new Disney is a Abomination to man kind.
The new Disney just proves that we have failed as a human race. Now we all have to suffer for all eternally.

I was never a very big Disney Channel fan, though I used to watch it a lot back before it changed with my sister.

I'd go with old Disney, definitely; sometimes my little sister has it on. The shows are AWFUL.

At least Disney XD has cartoons.

The old one.

The new one is... bearable, I guess? I haven't watched anything on it in years.

Reactions: T-Player Guy
I never watch Disney that much, but I think both have had decent and crappy shows. I like Liv and Maddie, while I hate KC Undercover, just like how I liked Suite Life of Zack and Cody while I hated Hannah Montana.

Eww, Disney :p Never really liked it, but when I was a baby, I used to watch it often :/ I don't know if 2002 is considered "old" but eh

I like both, but I prefer old Disney.

I like the old school premium years of Disney Channel as it had more variety
The Beatles Cartoons, Fabulous Fleischer Folios and imports like Paddington Bear, The Raccoons and Spot The Dog

Nowadays the channel is nothing but teeny bopper rubbish

Old school ftw!

I think the old Disney channel is better, I've noticed so many things repeating in new shows now and it's kind of annoying to me. There are some that I like but they're very few compared to the ones I like from the older ones. I do like both though.

Whilst the new Disney channel is alright, nothing gets better than the old Disney channel, back in the day with Thats So Raven, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, etc. The old Disney channel felt more origional, and had much more variety, funny characters and better plot lines and stuff. whilst saying this, there were a few shows in the old disney channel i could not stand (i.e Hannah Montana, just didn't enjoy it that much in comparison to other shows, no reason in particular) and i do( or did) enjoy some shows from the New Disney Channel, such as Good Luck Charlie

Lilo and Stitch, Doug (when Disney bought the show form Nickelodeon), Kim Possible, and so many other good shows were my childhood. Old school Disney had more memorable scenes and value to them. New school Disney is complied of more sitcoms than one could ask for. >.>

Reactions: T-Player Guy
Lilo and Stitch, Doug (when Disney bought the show form Nickelodeon), Kim Possible, and so many other good shows were my childhood. Old school Disney had more memorable scenes and value to them. New school Disney is complied of more sitcoms than one could ask for. >.>
Never forget Kuzco man, never forget it's all about him and his "hotty hot hotty" Malina :L

I liked the old school Disney better because of That's so Raven and Zack/Cody, those shows were genuinely funny and not over-the-top in general. The newer shows just don't appeal to me at all.

I liked the old school Disney better because of That's so Raven and Zack/Cody, those shows were genuinely funny and not over-the-top in general. The newer shows just don't appeal to me at all.

That's so Raven and Suit Life were amazing! :love: Both of those shows were unique and had very clean comedy for the whole family to enjoy. Oh, and you can never forget that one super merge episode, being 'That's so Suit Life of Hanna Montana' xD

Although I didn't grow up with old Disney, I can easily tell you that the old shows are far superior to what's on Disney channel now. Disney needs to relearn that good shows come from original ideas.

All the new shows look the same, with a generic teenage girl as the main character, who obsesses over fashion, dancing, texting, (insert more stereotypical "modern" teenager traits here) who has annoying brother siblings who are always shown as being geeks or troublemakers. There are also the parents who are shown as trying to be hip like their generic children, but end up totally embarrassing their children every time. There's also the hunky sports player who the main character has a crush on, the weird but caring best friend, and the confused laugh track that will play, even though nothing actually funny was said.

Back