new school vs old school Disney channel

• Thread starter Yonnasmoov
  • Start date

Do you like new school or old school Disney channel

• Total voters
I much prefer old Disney Channel than new Disney Channel.While the recent years of the channel do have some few goods cartoons like Wander Over Yonder and Gravity Falls,that's all I can think that's considered good in mind from it.Most of what's present in Disney Channel today is either repetitive and irritating plots used over and over again(I'm looking at you,Phineas and Ferb),or just more teen sitcoms that no one has ever asked for.Old Disney Channel had awesome shows like Kim Possible,Dave the Barberian(anyone remember that other than me? :unsure:),the animated shows based on other great Disney movies like Lilo & Stitch and The Lion King(actually starred by Timon and Pumba),and my personal favorite,House of Mouse.Even though not everything in the older version of the channel was great(Hannah Montana was my most hated show as a kid),at least it had more decency that what new Disney Channel has now in my perspective. :writing:

I suppose the stuff I grew up with would be way better than the new Disney channel. I watched Lilo and Stitch, the Emperor's New School, the House of Mouse briefly, Kim Possible, That's So Raven, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana, and maybe a few other cartoon ones (like the Replacements which was sorta funny). Sure there's some cool cartoons now involving Iron Man (and maybe Star Wars idk) and I know someone on another forum who like Gravity Falls (which I haven't seen) so maybe I'd see that to see what it's like. What I wish for though... is a Kingdom Hearts show sort of like House of Mouse was a crossover.

Old Disney by far with classics like Suite Life, Lilo and Stitch, Emperor's New School, old Toon Disney and Playhouse Disney channels and the sitcoms back then seemed to be able to not annoy and offend me almost immediately (although a few back then sucked), although New Disney has Gravity Falls, which is pretty much the saving grace and best cartoon on television right now, in my opinion.

I really wish Disney Channel would give their live-action shows more variety like there used to be, focusing less on "talented girls achieve their dreams and become stereotypes, doing stupid things and never having any repercussions" and more on a wide variety of different characters who aren't stereotypes if they aren't white. Perhaps there's also an issue with writing as well, which Disney really should be able to fix. They should also give stuff like Gravity Falls a bigger spotlight on their channel and continue to fund more awesome cartoons, along with possibly going ahead and doing more reboots - like the DuckTales one that's coming up, you could probably get a good Mickey Mouse cartoon going.

I grew up watching the old Disney channel so watching the new one is sorta......ok. Some shows seem like they are good to watch be some make me cringe.

Back