New Wii U owner, suggestions?

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date
Yes, you can suggest e-shop titles! They are less easy for me to get, but it works! I already own Child of Light on PS4 though :(

I never played a single Fire Emblem game... don't throw me rocks please =/

I don't have a Wii U but I practically spent the last few years watching gameplay videos non-stop and having played quite a few third party indie titles on PC, I can recommend a few eShop games.

• LEGO City Undercover looks good, seems like LEGO GTA, obviously with the usual LEGO comedy and charm. Could be quite rare now, causing a steep price, but it got good reviews and if I can recall correctly, the only big downside is the loading time.
  • SteamWorld Dig is, I believe $5-10 USD, and is a really fun game with platformer elements. It's a bit short (I clocked out in 7.5 hours on Steam) but for the price it should be at during a sale, it's really fun IMO - there's a bit of digging which slows things down but finding new areas and learning more about the past of the town is rewarding.
  • DuckTales Remastered. Enough said! Also a bit short but they have the ducks in HD, plus all new voice acting (even with the original Scrooge McDuck's VA) and despite a bit of dodgy controls during one particular level (but it's easy to get past when you get the hang of how it controls), it was a bundle of fun.
  • Pushmo World looks a lot like Pushmo on 3DS which was very fun and offered about, a million levels, and plus, you said you like puzzles, so this could be a good one to check out. I'm sure it's around $15 though.
  • Art of Balance from the guys behind Fast Racing NEO, physics-based puzzler on the eShop that is supposed to feature stunning graphics and a great FPS, it's what Shin'en Multimedia are kinda known for apparently and I've heard good things about it.

Reactions: 2205
1. I got the Wii U with Splatoon and Nintendo Land as a gift for my birthday.
2. I bought the rest by myself.
3. I have a job and I work A LOT. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't have kids.
4. Where I spend my money shouldn't be your concern, and it's quite off-topic.

Thanks...

Lol, I'm sorry. I didn't know it would anger you. I just thought it was a lot of money, xD.

splatoon smash bros super mario 3d world shovel knight and mario kart 8 and batman arkham city legend of zelda ocarina of time VC

Hey, did you read the first message? I'm asking because the first game I say I own is Splatoon, then I also say I really don't want Smash. And I also say that I already plan to get MK8 =/

A game I highly recommend is donkey kong country tropical freeze. Its probably one of the best 2d platformers I played, its a bit on the hard side though. Mario party 10 is really fun if you want a party type of game. Wonderful 101 is a game I have not played though but I heard many great things about it. Its a little kiddy but its a superhero, action type of game. Kirby and the rainbow curse is a cute but fun and challenging game. The graphics have a nice clay appeal to it.

Back