Gen 6 (News) 12 millions of Pokemon X/Y units sold !

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
According to the French website I often visit to get news, I can officially say that Pokemon X/Y has sold more than 12 millions of cartridges !

Of course, it's half the number of units that Pokemon Red/Blue sold; but that's still good to know that the series isn't losing its success, even 6 months after X/Y's release (in Europe)!

Finally, if we do some maths, we can conclude that the series has sold more than 245 millions of games ! Isn't that amazing :D !

Opinions about this ?

It's great news. Especially with Nintendo's Wii U struggles, it's good to see 3DS and its software doing so well. I don't like X/Y as much as others, but I do like the profit they are bringing in.

haha no surprise there :p pokemon always was a shine to me and i knew it would do great :p this game has brought adventure to many peoples lives so i wouldn't be surprised if it sold more then 350 copies when the next pokemon game comes out :p

This is fantastic news! The Pokemon series will never die out, this game made the 3DS sales double after months, Game Freak is doing a great job in implementing new "features" to bring more buyers in. I agree with @TAG even though the series made a whole lot of improvement, I didn't like it as much as the previous titles, it's still an amazing game though. I hope Game Freak and Nintendo work something out to bring a Pokemon release on the Wii U.

Reactions: TAG
I'm glad to say that I contributed to that number. :D

That's great! Nintendo will start to make more and more pokemon games for us since it's making so much money, that's great news for fans and nintendo and game freak

That's great! Nintendo will start to make more and more pokemon games for us since it's making so much money, that's great news for fans and nintendo and game freak

Will we get Gen 7, Pokémon Z (or XZ/YZ), or a Gen 3 remake next? And I doubt that this success will decrease if GameFreak and Nintendo keep finding good ideas !

Reactions: xmenpkmntrainer
Will we get Gen 7, Pokémon Z (or XZ/YZ), or a Gen 3 remake next? And I doubt that this success will decrease if GameFreak and Nintendo keep finding good ideas !
I agree a gen. 3 remake would be awesome

Well, that's really good news but what about Digital downloads? I'm sure the number could grow even bigger once Digital downloads are factored in, right?

Well, that's really good news but what about Digital downloads? I'm sure the number could grow even bigger once Digital downloads are factored in, right?

Actually, I don't know if the Digital Downloads are counted with the retails units... I think yes.

The numbers would definitely be massive if you count the Digital versions , I don't even think that much people, when gathering statistics of games sold, count Digital sales in anything. (Not sure :unsure:)

I think the next game in the Pokemon series (for the 3DS) would sell even more than X/Y.

Actually, I don't know if the Digital Downloads are counted with the retails units... I think yes.

Usually when I read articles about sales numbers they usually say digital versions aren't included but I'm not sure.

Usually when I read articles about sales numbers they usually say digital versions aren't included but I'm not sure.
I think so too, I don't sales statistics like these, report the Digital versions sales. Most of them only show the retail numbers.

This all makes sense, as they have split the physical and the digital.
Is there some way the total number of digital X\Y copies can be accessed? Or does Nintendo not release that info to the general public?

This all makes sense, as they have split the physical and the digital.
Is there some way the total number of digital X\Y copies can be accessed? Or does Nintendo not release that info to the general public?
I don't think they normally do that, and that's why we barely get any kind of statistics of the Digital copy of games.

I don't think they normally do that, and that's why we barely get any kind of statistics of the Digital copy of games.

That's too bad. I suppose we will never know now...

That's too bad. I suppose we will never know now...
I think all gaming companies does that actually, since they are the only one (mostly) keeping track of the sales. While the retail ones are covered by everyone.

I think all gaming companies does that actually, since they are the only one (mostly) keeping track of the sales. While the retail ones are covered by everyone.

Well, maybe VGChartz or Media Create will cover it one day...

Well, maybe VGChartz or Media Create will cover it one day...
Oh? Never knew bout those chart indicators, that's cool.

Pokemon X/Y will continue to sell even more, I think, nearly every 3DS have this game on it's "to-buy list" I'm pretty sure, it will double (24 million) by the end of this year.

Oh? Never knew bout those chart indicators, that's cool.

Pokemon X/Y will continue to sell even more, I think, nearly every 3DS have this game on it's "to-buy list" I'm pretty sure, it will double (24 million) by the end of this year.
Well, seems like Nintendo is now using its "weapons" :). But that doesn't impress me, Pokémon X/Y is great !

Back