1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Next "Nintendo Switch Online" announcement said to be worth the wait

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch Console' started by Marc, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Marc

Marc "+1 star for including the dragon" Forum Management

Play Coins:
    2,538 coins
    We know the Nintendo Switch paid online service isn't going to begin until later this year, but president and representative director Tatsumi Kimishima has revealed that the next announcement about the service will be well worth the wait :eek:
    Source: https://nintendoeverything.com/nint...intendo-switch-online-will-be-worth-the-wait/

I'm hoping this is true :cool-pika:
  2. pokerus

pokerus Helpful Virus Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    57 coins
    I hope it isn't too much on the pricey side because if it is I'm going to have to wait. I would rather put my money into buying actual games than the online service.
  3. Marc

Marc "+1 star for including the dragon" Forum Management

Play Coins:
    2,538 coins
    1 month = $4
    3 months = $8
    1 year = $20

Doesn't seem bad at all to me :monkey:
    pokerus likes this.
  4. pokerus

pokerus Helpful Virus Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    57 coins
    Wow I'm actually surprised. I did some research as well and I didn't realize they were trying to do a Netflix-style subscription along with it for classic games. I am mostly on board with this.
  5. D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon Lemon Dragon 3DS Pedia Contributor

Play Coins:
    176 coins
    Oh, was thinking for a second that he was talking about the mobile app. (Got my hopes up that they would finally ditch that stupid 13-year or older age limit so my brother could finally use SplatNet 2 but hey...)

That said, they'd better announce something worth it. When you consider what Sony has done with PS+ and Microsoft with the box Live (at least, for what I remember of it during the 360 era, when they were handing out games like candy), Nintendo better not disappoint. Especially considering the fact that I'd be salty about paying for nothing (as in, all the "online" Nintendo Switch games I've played were P2P-based, so there's just a matchmaking server, and then, it's a client system that acts as the server. Which is why you can get so many "Connection is unstable" messages in Splatoon 2, shall the game host be annoyed a tiny bit.)

And also, please, don't be just that weird free NES/SNES game system. I know Nintendo's kinda greedy on that part, and we'll pay less, but... The Switch's VC library won't be big by the time paid NSO rolls out (and I mean, there aren't even news about VC on the Switch!), and I'm pretty sure there are 5 €/$/£ or 500 JPY games on the eShop that could be more exciting for everybody that some flavor of the month NES/SNES game people might even have played during the 3DS/Wii U/Wii era (or on an emulator, since it's so easy to use one nowadays).

So, as you may expect, I'm emitting some doubts, as always, but it makes getting surprised all the better... if it's for the best.
  6. TribstyAnn

TribstyAnn Me. Authoritative Cynic

Play Coins:
    363 coins
    It had better actually work. I feel like they're gonna try and do some cool online features, and it'll only work like 15 minutes out of every week or something because of how bad their basic online structure is.
  7. EstebanTill2

EstebanTill2 Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    1,140 coins
    Well, they definitively know hoy to build up some hype on some of us!! I don´t want to overreact and overthink this situation but could they be possibly thinking about delivering some nintendo gamecube games with this service? Or maybe they set up the virtual console for those users paying the service. I will pay because I love playing online as playing story based games, but there is still that level of uncertainty that runs through my veins and makes me mad at the thought of this service!!
  8. Arshan

Arshan The Hero in Green Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    201 coins
    Also, online is delayed until September 2018.

Glad to hear this. I never had a huge problem with the deal they previously announced as I never buy VC games so it would be nice to try them out, and I know I will pay because online multiplayer games are most of the time, my favourite time of games.