Next "Nintendo Switch Online" announcement said to be worth the wait

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
We know the Nintendo Switch paid online service isn't going to begin until later this year, but president and representative director Tatsumi Kimishima has revealed that the next announcement about the service will be well worth the wait :eek:
Takahashi said:
We have some ideas about how to make Nintendo Switch Online appealing when it becomes a for-pay service, so I think our next announcement will be worth the wait.
Source: https://nintendoeverything.com/nint...intendo-switch-online-will-be-worth-the-wait/

I'm hoping this is true :cool-pika:

Edit: More details revealed. Click here to find out more.

Last edited:
I hope it isn't too much on the pricey side because if it is I'm going to have to wait. I would rather put my money into buying actual games than the online service.

I hope it isn't too much on the pricey side because if it is I'm going to have to wait. I would rather put my money into buying actual games than the online service.
1 month = $4
3 months = $8
1 year = $20

Doesn't seem bad at all to me :monkey:

Reactions: pokerus
1 month = $4
3 months = $8
1 year = $20

Doesn't seem bad at all to me :monkey:
Wow I'm actually surprised. I did some research as well and I didn't realize they were trying to do a Netflix-style subscription along with it for classic games. I am mostly on board with this.

Oh, was thinking for a second that he was talking about the mobile app. (Got my hopes up that they would finally ditch that stupid 13-year or older age limit so my brother could finally use SplatNet 2 but hey...)

That said, they'd better announce something worth it. When you consider what Sony has done with PS+ and Microsoft with the box Live (at least, for what I remember of it during the 360 era, when they were handing out games like candy), Nintendo better not disappoint. Especially considering the fact that I'd be salty about paying for nothing (as in, all the "online" Nintendo Switch games I've played were P2P-based, so there's just a matchmaking server, and then, it's a client system that acts as the server. Which is why you can get so many "Connection is unstable" messages in Splatoon 2, shall the game host be annoyed a tiny bit.)

And also, please, don't be just that weird free NES/SNES game system. I know Nintendo's kinda greedy on that part, and we'll pay less, but... The Switch's VC library won't be big by the time paid NSO rolls out (and I mean, there aren't even news about VC on the Switch!), and I'm pretty sure there are 5 €/$/£ or 500 JPY games on the eShop that could be more exciting for everybody that some flavor of the month NES/SNES game people might even have played during the 3DS/Wii U/Wii era (or on an emulator, since it's so easy to use one nowadays).

So, as you may expect, I'm emitting some doubts, as always, but it makes getting surprised all the better... if it's for the best.

It had better actually work. I feel like they're gonna try and do some cool online features, and it'll only work like 15 minutes out of every week or something because of how bad their basic online structure is.

Well, they definitively know hoy to build up some hype on some of us!! I don´t want to overreact and overthink this situation but could they be possibly thinking about delivering some nintendo gamecube games with this service? Or maybe they set up the virtual console for those users paying the service. I will pay because I love playing online as playing story based games, but there is still that level of uncertainty that runs through my veins and makes me mad at the thought of this service!!

We know the Nintendo Switch paid online service isn't going to begin until later this year, but president and representative director Tatsumi Kimishima has revealed that the next announcement about the service will be well worth the wait :eek:

Source: https://nintendoeverything.com/nint...intendo-switch-online-will-be-worth-the-wait/

I'm hoping this is true :cool-pika:
Also, online is delayed until September 2018.

Glad to hear this. I never had a huge problem with the deal they previously announced as I never buy VC games so it would be nice to try them out, and I know I will pay because online multiplayer games are most of the time, my favourite time of games.

More information coming in May :woot:
Tatsumi Kimishima said:
Nintendo Switch Online, a paid subscription service that will expand the online functionality of Nintendo Switch, will begin in September of this year. The service will provide consumers with a richness of online features that allow them to continuously enjoy Nintendo Switch. More information will be presented on our website in early May.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180427_2e.pdf

If there is more than it sounds like a good deal to me! What they are allready giving for 20$ yearly is pretty good, but if this mystery thing is something good i dont think many people will complain about the price.

I'm pretty hyped, I wonder what it may be, Perhaps a nice little incentive to encourage more gamers to pay up! I think I'm gonna be stalking the Nintendo site every day when May hits. xd

As for the pricing of the subscriptions, they seem reasonable to me. Easily affordable if you ask me! Just keep nagging your parents if you have to, haha.

I'd most likely get the yearly option because it's annoying to keep renewing after short periods of time. ^^

The price is 2 hours or 3 hours at a minimum wage job for a whole year. Not a big deal, but for people used to playing online for free, it will be nice to be paying for something else that you didn’t previously get for free.

Reactions: Mikaya
Not thrilled that I will have to pay for online now. It's only $20 for the year , but I would rather buy an indie game or dlc with that's $20. However if we get cloud saves then I will be more than happy.

More details revealed - https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

20 NES games will be available for people to play (and more to come after) :
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Donkey Kong
  • Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Ice Climber
  • Dr. Mario
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
Those are the only games they revealed from the list for now.

Save Data Cloud Backup

I'm not too hyped about this but @SkyHuntress seems to be :eyes2:

Special Offers

I wonder what this one is all about. Hmmm :redpanda:

Everything else, we already knew about and aren't really important like online play for multiplayer games.

Last edited:
Reactions: P2.0
CLOUD SAAAAAAAAAVES!!!!!

Ummm... If your switch breaks you got your saves. As someone who has had multiple 3ds's break what I wouldn't given for these on 3ds.

Reactions: Marc
Whoa, all that just for online services? Geez, it's looking enticing. :eek:

What's the price for playing online again? 'o'

What's the price for playing online again? 'o'
1 month = $4
3 months = $8
1 year = $20

A lot of people are complaining about it :eyes2:

Reactions: P2.0
$20 a year doesn't seem TOO bad. I actually thought it'd be more. :eek: But from their standpoint, when you were given something free, and then later you have to pay for it, that does seem a bit unfair, y'know? But I digress. :'D All I wanna know is why they started charging when they make so much money as is?

If it is just $20 a year, that may be doable, but I may have to check with my sibs first. They may not agree, either. :hilarious:

Back