Next "Nintendo Switch Online" announcement said to be worth the wait

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
$20 a year doesn't seem TOO bad. I actually thought it'd be more. :eek: But from their standpoint, when you were given something free, and then later you have to pay for it, that does seem a bit unfair, y'know? But I digress. :'D All I wanna know is why they started charging when they make so much money as is?
Nintendo clearly stated it was a free trial. It just ended up getting delayed to September 2018 :monkey:

Reactions: P2.0
Nintendo clearly stated it was a free trial. It just ended up getting delayed to September 2018 :monkey:
So the free trial will end this year in September??

So the free trial will end this year in September??
Yup! We'll have to pay to continue using online (but we get these additions I mentioned).

Reactions: P2.0
Yup! We'll have to pay to continue using online (but we get these additions I mentioned).
Poop, that's not a lot of time to get a Switch, plus Splatoon 2! :hilarious: But maybe if I get enough cash, I can keep the online services going for a year or so. :'D

Do we know how exactly we can pay for the services once they start, or is it still unknown? Sorry about all the questions, it's just I'm putting a lot of thought of using all my money to help get one. :'3

Do we know how exactly we can pay for the services once they start, or is it still unknown? Sorry about all the questions, it's just I'm putting a lot of thought of using all my money to help get one. :'3
According to the FAQs:
  1. Nintendo.com (same payment methods as below)
  2. Nintendo Switch eShop (credit/debit card, paypal or eShop cards)
  3. Select retailers

Eeew. You can pay 40$ to get online for 8 different accounts.. i was hoping everyone on the switch that has a person subbed would get access to online.. its still cheaper then xbox live or psplus subbs, but increasing the price to 40$ is a little painful. Psplus members get access to full retail games, and we get nes games.

If it’s 20 a year that’s really good offer. 20 games that normallly would cost you 5-7 dollars each are now just 20 per year. I think it’s reasonable, compared. To other online services. Plus you could play these games any where so that’s even better

Reactions: Marc
It's exactly what I expected the system to be. Just glad I have a way to save my actual saves now. Everything else is whatever for me . I'm actually going with the family plan as I can link my switch and my bf's switch into one online pass thing. Now if we had a free legit way to back up our saves I would be more annoyed since the only value left for this service would be the online multiplayer option.

Reactions: Marc
Back