Next zelda

• Thread starter masteroropher
  • Start date
I'd like to point out that Twilight Princess was released in 2006 haha Even if it was originally planned for 2005, that pattern may not necessarily prove true here. It all depends on how much progress they've made with the game

I said the pattern has been going for a while, not forever. 7 years is a while. I'm sure it's unintentional, but now that the graphics are even better, it is naturally going to take more time to make the game than say, Skyward Sword.

I said the pattern has been going for a while, not forever. 7 years is a while. I'm sure it's unintentional, but now that the graphics are even better, it is naturally going to take more time to make the game than say, Skyward Sword.
yes, graphics are even better but I'd like to point out that they've been working on this for a while and they haven't just started with it. Wind Waker HD was announced at E3 2013 and was released that same year, so it's entirely possible the same thing could happen here with it being released in late 2014.

yes, graphics are even better but I'd like to point out that they've been working on this for a while and they haven't just started with it. Wind Waker HD was announced at E3 2013 and was released that same year, so it's entirely possible the same thing could happen here with it being released in late 2014.

The Wind Waker HD was announced in January, and it's a remake. All they have to do is update the graphics, while with Zelda Wii U is a completely new game that they have to design dungeons, bosses, mechanics and compose new music.

The Wind Waker HD was announced in January, and it's a remake. All they have to do is update the graphics, while with Zelda Wii U is a completely new game that they have to design dungeons, bosses, mechanics and compose new music.
Okay, but they showed it at E3 2013 which was the point I was going for. Yes, Wind Waker HD was a remake and didn't require much work for that, but work for this has been going on for a while.

Zelda Wii U is a completely new game, but they have been working on this for a while now. They were originally thinking of releasing it in Q3 2013, but realized that they wouldn't finish in time. With that in mind, 2014 is still likely.

I honestly wouldn't surprise me either way.

While Nintendo has been working on this title for a while we have to keep in mind that Aonuma has been all over the place with the Zelda franchise during the past year. WW HD started out as trying to test different styles and the Wii U capabilities for ideas and inspiration for the newest Zelda Wii U , when suddenly it was decided it'd be fitting to release WW HD for the anniversary and to give us something to munch - which by itself shows taht even by that stage Wii U Zelda was still on the design table - then we have the 3DS Zelda game. So that is 3 Zelda titles being worked for months at the same time.

So really, if Nintendo needs this whole year and some more I hope they take it and won't rush things. I don't want another file-glitch type of error like the ones in Skyward Sword and Pokemon X/Y.

On a different matter I really try hard not to picture Zelda Wii U with the tech demo, because I really doubt they will roll with it and clinging to it is just a set up to repeat the post- space world 2000 announcement. Whatever Nintendo is cooking cartoonist, realist or something in between I want to be as open as possible to receive it with open arms.

I honestly wouldn't surprise me either way.

While Nintendo has been working on this title for a while we have to keep in mind that Aonuma has been all over the place with the Zelda franchise during the past year. WW HD started out as trying to test different styles and the Wii U capabilities for ideas and inspiration for the newest Zelda Wii U , when suddenly it was decided it'd be fitting to release WW HD for the anniversary and to give us something to munch - which by itself shows taht even by that stage Wii U Zelda was still on the design table - then we have the 3DS Zelda game. So that is 3 Zelda titles being worked for months at the same time.

So really, if Nintendo needs this whole year and some more I hope they take it and won't rush things. I don't want another file-glitch type of error like the ones in Skyward Sword and Pokemon X/Y.

On a different matter I really try hard not to picture Zelda Wii U with the tech demo, because I really doubt they will roll with it and clinging to it is just a set up to repeat the post- space world 2000 announcement. Whatever Nintendo is cooking cartoonist, realist or something in between I want to be as open as possible to receive it with open arms.
What kind of file-glitch errors are you talking about with Skyward Sword? I really don't know what you're talking about?

Nintendo is making the game similar to the Skyward Sword style of graphics with the "something in between" aspect of it. They specifically said that the Tech Demo was made by an entirely different development team than the one working on Zelda U right now, and the Armogohma battle thing isn't in the game at this point

Reactions: Kaynil
I only know of one glitch in Skyward Sword, which Nintendo was quick to address. It was potentially game breaking, but you needed to do things out of order to run into it. I think the first printings of Twilight Princess had a worst glitch than Skyward Sword. In any event, compared to the competition, glitches from Nintendo are quite rare ... thankfully.

Basically in SS if you talked to a certain character before doing certain event unrelated to it, the game would never open the sequence needed to progress. It took a bit to pin point the root of teh problem and eventually theyr eleased a patch for your savefile.

Glitches from Nintendo like these are rare, but seem to be getting more common lately, which worries me.

I am not aware of the Twilight Princess one, care to share about that one?

There may be more than one, but I remember the initial launch batches of Twilight Princess had a glitch that trapped you in a room. You couldn't leave because Midna would say there was someone inside even though there wasn't. I don't remember too many details, but it was somewhere in Kakariko village. I think it only occurred by saving in the room.

Can we return with the subject please....

Hey i just taught about something... Do you think if they put random event in zelda, do you think the game would be better??

Hey i just taught about something... Do you think if they put random event in zelda, do you think the game would be better??
I'd suggest editing the previous post rather than double-posting

What do you mean by random event anyway? The kind of thing GameFreak occasionally does in Pokemon? If so, I don't see how that'd be relevant

Random event like in skyrim thing like

Random event like in skyrim thing like
Oh, like that. Meh I don't really think that'd fit too well. Skyrim was made to be an expansive open world game with one re-exploring many areas, so the random encounters fit perfectly well. I don't see that same thing fitting too well with Zelda games in their current form

I hope that the next Zelda game would have something like events happenings in a certain In game time and a somewhat better difficulty. It could be like Majora's Mask's time events, things happening at day or night, and I liked that. A better difficulty would be better since I find that the remakes and newer Zelda games have been getting too easy recently.

Back