Nintendo Accounts, My Nintendo and Miitomo

• Thread starter Robbie
  • Start date
Robbie

Robbie

Helloo! \:D/
Towns Folk
So as everyone knows (or not) the Nintendo Accounts are here! :D I'm prettty sure @Marc has already put up a thread for it..

SO...The ting is that I got my 3ds from Canada from my Aunt while I live over-seas..so when I tried for Miitomo ( http://www.in.techradar.com/news/ga...artphone-app-Miitomo/articleshow/50836318.cms ) and clicked on pre-register, it showed that its not available in my country even though I registered Canada in my 3ds and it shows Canada as eligible on the site? :jawdrop: :confused:

Capture.PNG

So...my thoughts, its detecting by my IP? If so..then I'm dem screwed :nailbiting:

Capture.PNG

Yeah I did, I did make an account but the thing about the miitomo website is that it never asks you to log in first so its probably detecting my IP. Oh well :oops: Thanks though ;)

Yeah I did, I did make an account but the thing about the miitomo website is that it never asks you to log in first so its probably detecting my IP. Oh well :oops: Thanks though ;)
Use a VPN/proxy if you can. I'm not sure, but I think there are a few around the web that are free. Maybe you could try spoofing your IP to a Canadian one ?

I signed up for a Nintendo Account yesterday. Haven't signed up for Miitomo yet.

Wouldn't the iOS app be available in all countries? It says the Android version is limited to select countries from the page.

Edit: Scratch that. After taking a better look at it, they most likely meant both iOS and Android.

Last edited:
I live in croatia and as e-shop isn't available here (AT ALL!) I bought and registered my N3ds as UK but when I tried to register it was the same problem, it said it's not available, so yes, it detects your IP, unfortunately :(

Use a VPN/proxy if you can. I'm not sure, but I think there are a few around the web that are free. Maybe you could try spoofing your IP to a Canadian one ?
Maybe...but I think the main concept of it is to pre register? So even if I do use a proxy, its sooner or later gonna send me to the playstore where my google account is connected thereby giving my Country identity?

I dunno but its really risky.. even if does happen (If it works), Nintendo could easily ban me because the Nintendo Account is connected to my NNID where its registered as Canada..either way its too risky. :unsure: :bag: :dead: :facepalm:

Tried it a while ago, showing the same message :facepalm:

I live in croatia and as e-shop isn't available here (AT ALL!) I bought and registered my N3ds as UK but when I tried to register it was the same problem, it said it's not available, so yes, it detects your IP, unfortunately :(
Same! But I later set it as Canada so its fine now..but don't change it now / nnid bcz then it will erase all your Electronic games! Happened to a guy on another website, lost his Pokemon X and Mk7 to it..

I signed up for a Nintendo Account yesterday. Haven't signed up for Miitomo yet.

Wouldn't the iOS app be available in all countries? It says the Android version is limited to select countries from the page.

Edit: Scratch that. After taking a better look at it, they most likely meant both iOS and Android.

Yup, and since they said App Store and Play Store respectively, people who have registered a non Nintendo country won't be able to access it since every country has its own Play store or so (Mine does, not major changes; just the different titles I think, not sure if there is anything like that(different Play Stores), but pretty sure if it does get added its gonna show "not available in your country" :beaver: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe...but I think the main concept of it is to pre register? So even if I do use a proxy, its sooner or later gonna send me to the playstore where my google account is connected thereby giving my Country identity?

I dunno but its really risky.. even if does happen (If it works), Nintendo could easily ban me because the Nintendo Account is connected to my NNID where its registered as Canada..either way its too risky. :unsure: :bag: :dead: :facepalm:

Tried it a while ago, showing the same message :facepalm:

Yup, and since they said App Store and Play Store respectively, people who have registered a non Nintendo country won't be able to access it since every country has its own Play store or so (Mine does, not major changes; just the different titles I think, not sure if there is anything like that(different Play Stores), but pretty sure if it does get added its gonna show "not available in your country" :beaver: )
Clear cookies, and retry, maybe it could help. As for the App Store/Play Store, same method, you could try using a VPN. Or maybe Miitomo won't actually check your phone's IP. Or worst case scenario, just like most people does: if your phone is running Android, just grab the APK (implying Miitomo is free of course!). That's how I've been playing JP/NA-only Android games, and never had any problems (despite them being "online games")!

Or if you get banned, tell them that you were travelling to another country, it could help. (Well, apparently, travelling to another country is a problem with Nintendo)

Clear cookies, and retry, maybe it could help. As for the App Store/Play Store, same method, you could try using a VPN. Or maybe Miitomo won't actually check your phone's IP. Or worst case scenario, just like most people does: if your phone is running Android, just grab the APK (implying Miitomo is free of course!). That's how I've been playing JP/NA-only Android games, and never had any problems (despite them being "online games")!

Or if you get banned, tell them that you were travelling to another country, it could help. (Well, apparently, travelling to another country is a problem with Nintendo)
Haha thanks..I'll wait a while though before trying again,..I'll keep you updated ;):thumbsup:

Portugal and Spain are side-by-side... Would it be that hard to give us the same treatment :cry::cry::cry:

Why u do dis?

Reactions: Robbie
Signed up for Ninty Accounts and pre-registered for Miitomo! Seems like all we can do at the moment is edit our profile and account settings (aside from the currently blank profile picture, as our Miis will take its place). I'm somewhat excited for Miitomo and how well it turns out on mobile. :p

But yeah, pretty sure NA goes by IP, which kinda stinks. :/

Portugal and Spain are side-by-side... Would it be that hard to give us the same treatment :cry::cry::cry:

Why u do dis?
I agree with this.

It's like... In Canada, we can't get NA eshop cards, we have to get Canada eshop cards... I didn't know Canada wasn't part of NA? It seems like Nintendo thinks so :p

Just checked and it seems that Portugal will have NintendoAccount by next month but still, why that much differenciation?

Just checked and it seems that Portugal will have NintendoAccount by next month but still, why that much differenciation?
(Damn, what a lucky bunch)
I agree with this.

It's like... In Canada, we can't get NA eshop cards, we have to get Canada eshop cards... I didn't know Canada wasn't part of NA? It seems like Nintendo thinks so :p
Still you CAN still get the eshop cards. Whereas I'm just waiting here for Amazon to add FE: Fates to the their website. Good thing that the NA Physical games or the cartridges work on both American and Canadian systems.

Signed up and stuff, but I'll have to keep an eye on my email. I'd like forget about it and miss it if it released. I also read something where with the new program you can now actually buy eShop cards off of the myNintendo site? Surely that would make it a bunch easier for people selling codes here and stuff.

(Damn, what a lucky bunch)

Still you CAN still get the eshop cards. Whereas I'm just waiting here for Amazon to add FE: Fates to the their website. Good thing that the NA Physical games or the cartridges work on both American and Canadian systems.
I wasn't trying to do a contest on which country has it worst with Nintendo though :p

I wasn't trying to do a contest on which country has it worst with Nintendo though :p
It is Portugal btw ;_;

As for the IP issue:

1) Whatever browser you're in, go to extensions
2) Download Zenmate and activate it
3)Click on United States (or Germany or another country in the list)
4) Go to the site
5) the website now thinks you're from whatever country you are
6 Make an account ;)

As you can see, it's pretty easy to evade the stupid regionblock.

As for the IP issue:

1) Whatever browser you're in, go to extensions
2) Download Zenmate and activate it
3)Click on United States (or Germany or another country in the list)
4) Go to the site
5) the website now thinks you're from whatever country you are
6 Make an account ;)

As you can see, it's pretty easy to evade the stupid regionblock.
Is it safe? :confused:

I dun't want to be banned :bag:

Anyway, I did it and all. Got this =

Capture.PNG

Didn't even add my email? Where did it send it to??

Back