NINTENDO DIRECT TOMORROW!!!

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
Ok, I'm super hyped and I can barely type this. But it's confirmed guys! A brand new nintendo direct is coming. It's been more than a year since our last direct. This will be 50 minutes long and i'm expecting it to have news regarding zelda and pokemon games (the anniversaries are this month). And it also has some "information focused on games like super smash bros ultimate". This seems like a character reveal, but they put it in such a weird way so i'm not entirely sure. It could just be dlc amiibo or maybe some update with new modes and free stages. And also, we might get some news regarding the animal crossing update. Festivale is over already, and players have received everything from the update already. Maybe they held back so that they could draw an awesome update during the direct. I could literally go on and on with predictions but i'll stop here. Here's the proof btw:
Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 7.54.37 PM.png

Reactions: phofufury, Gram and Mizunil
My hopes/predictions:

- 35th Zelda anniversary :eyes:
- Potential Smash character?
- New Pokémon Games
- Animal Crossing Updates

If they reveal or talk about any of these I'll be happy. We mentioned Zelda a lot recently in other discussions, so they might talk about the games they recently got trademarks for, that would be huge. Smash dlc is always exciting to watch, and I wonder if they really are doing Diamond and Pearl remakes? Animal Crossing updates are not as huge as the other things imo, but I still hope they add in more permanent features like Brewster's or Shop Upgrades. Lastly, small thing but if they're talking about future games for the Switch I hope they talk about Hollow Knight - Silksong.

Reactions: Duffy and Deepak
Taking into account the focus on games releasing in the near future or current ones, I expect/want to see:
  1. New Horizons news (if it’s being announced during a direct instead of social media, I’d sure hope it would be a substantial addition. We’re fast approaching the 1-year anniversary)
  2. More info on Pokémon Snap
  3. More info on Breath of the Wild 2 (wording of the announcement makes this doubtful)
  4. LoZ 3D All-Stars (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword)
  5. Smash info (only thing explicitly mentioned in the announcement, so this is a guarantee. Probably more fighters, like always)​

Reactions: Mizunil, Duffy and Deepak
New Horizons news (if it’s being announced during a direct instead of social media, I’d sure hope it would be a substantial addition. We’re fast approaching the 1-year anniversary)
Well we know we're getting the mario furniture so maybe a nook's cranny upgrade to accommodate the new furniture? I think this is why the previous update was super small. They were holding out for the direct.

Reactions: Mizunil and Gram
Well we know we're getting the mario furniture so maybe a nook's cranny upgrade to accommodate the new furniture? I think this is why the previous update was super small. They were holding out for the direct.

Forgot about the Mario thing. There will definitely be more info about that then. Hopefully more is added too though. Nook upgrade and Brewster are needed. Lots of QoL stuff they could add too, like mobile bell withdrawals.

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
GENOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE

(Master chief or crash will be cool too. It's probably crash).

• I don't expect to pokemon (at least not mainline games or DP remakes.
  • Hate to be a downer but I'm guessing no Metroid Prime 4 or Bayonetta 3. Breath of the Wild 2 I'm not sure what to think, but I'll continue the negativity and so no Breath of the Wild 2 either
  • OK so it seems veryyyyyyyyy likely we are getting somethingggg for Zelda's 35th Anniversary. If you look at other threads I've been veryyyy skeptical about this, but I honestly think it's coming. Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword to the switch, as HD ports, that's my prediction.
  • Animal crossing small boring update that fans are very "meh" on.
  • Pokemon snap preview (again again). We already have a release date so we will probably just get a few more sneak peaks.
  • What the hell, I'm gonna go crazy with this and it's gonne be totally wrong. Either Persona 4G or Persona 5 (base, not royal) will get a switch port as the "one last thing" as the direct ends.

(I'm ready to come back after and see I got 0 predictions right)

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
Either Persona 4G or Persona 5 (base, not royal) will get a switch port as the "one last thing" as the direct ends.
Yasss. A persona game would be amazing handheld. I really hope your prediction is true!

Reactions: Duffy
Yasss. A persona game would be amazing handheld. I really hope your prediction is true!
I've wanted to play them on switch for soooooooooooooo long. Even a Persona 3 definitive edition would be great (I heard that neither P3P or P3FES are really definitive, both have changes and editions where most P3 fans don't think there is one best version of the game).

Reactions: Deepak
SMT V and a western release date for Nocturne HD maybe? Or at least the latter :eyes3:

Yeah if Pokemon appears, it'll probably be just an announcement of the next Pokémon Direct.

I've wanted to play them on switch for soooooooooooooo long. Even a Persona 3 definitive edition would be great (I heard that neither P3P or P3FES are really definitive, both have changes and editions where most P3 fans don't think there is one best version of the game).
A full on remake with P3P content + FES content + updated graphics/mechanics? Yes please. P1, P2 and P3 could all use remakes actually

Last edited:
Reactions: Deepak and Duffy
I'm sorta wishing for at least a announcement for another mainline Pokemon game in development. It could probably be that Pokemon Unite is now going to be released at the end of the Direct sort of thing. Maybe a trailer on Snap 2. Smash is going to be Sakurai making woah Crash noises memes introducing Crash and playing Crash in Elite Smash since he did most of the other modes. Honestly he will play exactly like Incineroar but with different stats. Zelda something something game, history of the series, more orchestra music jazz. SMT V release date, cool treehouse presentation. Yup there's my prediction.

Reactions: Hibiki_Kuze, Deepak and Duffy
GENOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE

(Master chief or crash will be cool too. It's probably crash).

• Hate to be a downer but I'm guessing no Metroid Prime 4 or Bayonetta 3. Breath of the Wild 2 I'm not sure what to think, but I'll continue the negativity and so no Breath of the Wild 2 either
  • OK so it seems veryyyyyyyyy likely we are getting somethingggg for Zelda's 35th Anniversary. If you look at other threads I've been veryyyy skeptical about this, but I honestly think it's coming. Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword to the switch, as HD ports, that's my prediction.
  • Animal crossing small boring update that fans are very "meh" on.
  • Pokemon snap preview (again again). We already have a release date so we will probably just get a few more sneak peaks.
  • What the hell, I'm gonna go crazy with this and it's gonne be totally wrong. Either Persona 4G or Persona 5 (base, not royal) will get a switch port as the "one last thing" as the direct ends.

(I'm ready to come back after and see I got 0 predictions right)
Welp it was neither Crash, nor Geno, nor Master Chief... nor anyone I expected.
  1. Correct!
  2. Correct!
  3. 1/3rd right. Only got Skyward Sword, not Twilight Princess or Wind Waker
  4. Not sure how the reception is to this but the update for Animal Crossing was spot on
  5. Pokemon Snap
  6. Totally Wrong

Taking into account the focus on games releasing in the near future or current ones, I expect/want to see:
  1. New Horizons news (if it’s being announced during a direct instead of social media, I’d sure hope it would be a substantial addition. We’re fast approaching the 1-year anniversary)
  2. More info on Pokémon Snap
  3. More info on Breath of the Wild 2 (wording of the announcement makes this doubtful)
  4. LoZ 3D All-Stars (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword)
  5. Smash info (only thing explicitly mentioned in the announcement, so this is a guarantee. Probably more fighters, like always)​

1. Technically correct, but nowhere near the big update I was expecting to be announced at a Direct. Just “here’s some Mario stuff. Follow the Twitter account for more info we can’t spare anymore time for”.
2. Nope
3. Haha no. Just a fake-out.
4. Nope. They have chosen the path of $60 individual ports.
5. Yes, but there was no question of this.

Back