Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Let's say you do not own any Nintendo gaming devices. If you had to choose between a Nintendo DS and a Wii in this time and age, which one would you have picked? Why?

That's quite a difficult choice.

Both consoles have their good points and their useless gimmicks. If I went with the Wii, I'd be forsaking portability, which is a big minus for me. Also, it seems to me that for every third Wii game you have to buy a new controller accessory :p On the other hand, I'd be getting a number of great exclusives as well as longer games with more complex gameplay and better visuals that are impossible on the Nintendo DS. I've also noted that Wii games, even the goofy ones to an extent, have more engaging stories than DS ones - many of which don't have a story at all.

If I went with the DS, it'd be portable, region free, and backwards compatible with the GBA - all huge plus points for me. I'd be losing out on the story-driven games on the Wii, though, and not all games have a control scheme that suits me since some of them, especially the cheaply-made ones, try to make unnecessary use of the touchscreen. Many story-focused games don't have very good stories on the DS. The visuals would obviously, and understandably, be inferior. However, the good DS games try to make up for the lack of an engaging story with their gameplay, and unique DS games make up for the inferior graphical capabilities of the consoles with their art style.

I would choose the Nintendo DS, overall, though if I knew I was missing what the Wii had to offer, I'd feel dead inside :p

What about you, Marc? What would you choose?

Reactions: Rudro-Haiku, Reece and Marc
Great points, :thumbsup:
What about you, Marc? What would you choose?
There are a couple of Wii games that I want to play, so I would have chosen the Wii, :oops: I don't go out much with my gaming devices. If me and a couple of friends are going to a beach house for example, one of the guys will carry a television and another will bring the console, :love: Plus, the Wii is region free too, :p
  • Pandora's Tower - its box art alone looks fantastic.
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl - this game is another reason why I'd pick a Wii over a DS.
  • Mario Kart Wii - yep! there's a Mario Kart version for the Wii too, hehe.
Still, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum is enough to make me dump the Wii idea and grab a Nintendo DS, heh. It's a tough decision, but Pandora's Tower and the Wii motes/nunchucks pushed me over to the dark side Wii.

The Nintendo DS is cheaper by $30 US I think. Still, the Wii will be my first preference if I had to decide today without owning either gaming devices, :D

I rarely ever go outside with my portable devices even. But portability for me means being able to play Metal Slug 7 while curled up in bed :p
Pandora's Tower was one of the games I was thinking of when I talked about the Wii's exclusives :D

I like the DS, better because I am able to travel around playing it. The Wii is fun too, but you cannot do too much.

I would choose the Wii as it seems like a much better console and offers much more. Plus the graphics and games on the Wii are much better

Well, i like both of them, but i'd go mostly with DS, i haven't played many Wii Games.

The Nintendo DS hands down. In this day and age, everyone is busy moving around.
Gotta keep it portable.

Nintendo DS. It has got a vast collection of games and it's portable.

Nintendo Wii. Hands down.

The DS was great and all, but instead of calling it the 'DS', it's second name would be 'my Pokemon machine', because all I did on it was play Pokemon. I've tried a vast number of DS games, but Pokemon was the only thing that was replayable and super fun to me.

I choose the Wii because of quite a few exclusive titles like Xenoblade Chronicles, Spectrobe: Origins, Zelda games in general, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, The Metroid Trilogy and the infamous Metroid Other M. The Wii is just a great console for playing with other people that are in the same room as you. And it had an incredible
Virtual Console Service.

Plus, the Wii is region free too, :p
It was region-free? Wow.

I knew the DS was region free, though, actually.

Reactions: Marc
It was region-free? Wow.

I knew the DS was region free, though, actually.

Wii isn't region free...

Also, I would select DS, only because RPG and Platform games... Also Ace Attorney and Processor Layton games for example.

Reactions: Marc
All these years I thought the Wii was region free, :eek: :facepalm:

• Funny
Reactions: Sunny_Meows and ErixSan
Hard Decision!
I would choose the DS mainly because of the gaming library and it can also play GBA games too (although Wii can play Gamecube games) and its portable,anywhere you are you can play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or even Cooking Mama .

Mmm... Nintendo DS won this battle :p

DS it's strong suit is RPGs. Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, TWEWY, Etc. It also has good Mega Man games too, ZX and the Zero Collection.

Well I would choose the Wii , it can be plugged in to a huge television screen so you can play , and the Wii has a lot of games to play !

Well I prefer the Wii when I want storyline, or plan on being at home for most of the day. I prefer DS when I want to do more light gaming, and if I have to stop every now and then.

like most of the people here i would go with the ds. i dont like being stuck to a tv. so the ds wins mainly because of portability

DS for sure! The thing that really tips the scale is you can play Pokemon on the DS and not the Wii. plus, with the Wii, like you have to move your body. ew

Back