• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Nintendo DS or Wii

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Wii because a) better graphics as the regular DS kinda looks a bit weird with some games, b) Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart and more!

Wii because a) better graphics as the regular DS kinda looks a bit weird with some games, b) Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart and more!
Yeah I guess so, well everybody has there preferences, I liked the DS and the Wii equally, the DS is a great affordable portable device, with unique gameplay of mic and a touch screen and the Wii is and awesome experience of gaming when it comes to motion control and the graphics aren't bad.

Yeah I guess so, well everybody has there preferences, I liked the DS and the Wii equally, the DS is a great affordable portable device, with unique gameplay of mic and a touch screen and the Wii is and awesome experience of gaming when it comes to motion control and the graphics aren't bad.
yeah, I mean DS had some great qualities to it, but I think some of them weren't perfected until the 3DS came around and boosted quality in various areas

Back in 2013, I was a 14 year old high-schooler who loved almost all things Nintendo. I owned a 3DS back then, but if I was born a few years earlier, and was perfectly capable of buying my own video game console, along with access to the internet (they never let me go online very often until I was 17 or something) I definitely would've bought the Wii.

4 reasons why I should've bought the Wii:

1. The Game Library
One of the main reasons I'm looking for a Wii U at the moment is because of its backwards compatibility with the Wii. Wii exclusives are AMAZING. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Wii Sports, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Mario Party 8, Super Mario All-Stars and tons more!

2. Backwards compatibility with the GameCube!!
The GameCube was my favorite video game console back then. mainly because of the games. Super Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and Luigi's Mansion being my favorites. And if I can play these games, along with the ones listed above, sign me up ASAP.

3. Comparison to the DS
Sure, the DS has some amazing games too, and is backwards compatible with the GBA, but those are NOTHING when compared to the Wii library. First of all, I'm not a Pokemon fan. Secondly, I prefer home consoles. I play my Nintendo Switch in docked mode almost all the time.

4. SUPER MARIOOO
Lastly, My favorite games EVER are 3D Mario games. And if you told 14yr old me that I can play almost every 3D Mario, every 2D Super Mario game to date (except New Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 and U), Mario Sports, almost every Paper Mario game, and more on ONE console, I would've SMASHED my piggy bank to bits already.

DS. Why?

3 Kingdom Hearts games are playable on it without need of an added emulator/homebrew. Wifi connection for games like Star Fox, Pokemon, Warioware DIY, Metroid Prime Hunters. It's just as well known as the Wii with more manageable gimmicks. The Wii is compatible with more types of Wifi passwords, but there may be more issues elsewhere like a broken eject button or trouble reading disks. Yeah the DS might of had hinge issues but odds are you probably will never break the buttons/screen unless you really tried.

Back