Nintendo Dying?

• Thread starter Malladus
  • Start date
Malladus

Malladus

a.k.a. "Panchirito"
Towns Folk
Yes you heard it! I want to hear your opinion how would you feel if nintendo starts to die and stop making games? How would it affect us as gamers? Would others companies buy off Nintendo and would the gaming industry of Nintendo start to change? Reason why im putting this topic because of Capcom are going downhill. Capcom are facing bankruptcy and rumors believed that they have 152 mil in the bank. Would this be the end of streetfighter, resident evil, devil may cry, and others great games?

Last edited:
No, Nintendo is nowhere near dying. They may be losing money right now, but they have so much in the bank, they could continue losing money for another 2 generations before they'd even come close to bankruptcy. I know Capcom is under some hard times, and I expect them to be sold soon. The games themselves will never go away though. Even if no one buys Capcom before bankruptcy, they'd still sell all their IPs I would Nintendo would pick most if not all of them up. In my opinion though, Nintendo should just act and buy Capcom before some other company like Amazon decides to scoop them up.

:hilarious:
Nintendo isn't doomed. As @sodajet said, they could keep losing more than 250 millions $/per year, they would still last until 2052, where the two other competitors would probably go bankrupt (doubt for Microsoft though, they may use the profit they earn from selling Windows OS to "revive" a bit their video game branch). So, it's not because Nintendo lost a few millions recently that they're dying. They still have good days waiting them.

Nintendo is not dying but progressing every day and getting popular and more wealthier but if it were to die we gamers would be affected badly.No new games,no new 3ds themes and a whole lot of other bad stuff.

If Nintendo die and stop making consoles then..well..SEGA ALREADY DID THAT NINTENDO SO DON'T. As for if they stopped making games..just..I would cry.

I agree that Nintendo isn't as promising as it was before, but realize that when Nintendo really started getting popular was during the rise of console gaming. The gaming company was made and developed in the right time at the right place in history. The NES opened up a new world in households across the globe, as did the following consoles...and let us not forget the handheld rush following the introduction of the Nintendo DS to the market. Nintendo keeps coming up with new products to keep the consumer interested. And I'm hoping for their sake that they continue to do so for a while...

Just because the company isn't being received the same way it was in previous decades due to societal influences, economical inbalance, or just plain bad marketing...you can name all these different things to prove Nintendo is failing but in fact they're doing just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo is a long long way away from death. Even if Nintendo loses twice as much as it has this year, it would still be live and kicking. I'm willing to bet Nintendo has some sneaky plans already for 2015 which will raise its profits even more. Judging by how well the really big name games such as ORAS and Smash sold this year, games like the new Zelda WiiU, Star Fox WiiU and Splatoon for the WiiU and Majora's Mask for the 3DS are going to get huge amounts of money next year.

I honestly doubt Nintendo will ever die. I'd even compare them as the "Disney" of video games. Sure Nintendo didn't do so well in sales for the first year in the wii u and 3ds launch but rarely do consoles do so well that early. Gotta take into account that there was not many games out for the systems and they're always pretty expensive at launch. But now the system and game sales will see a pretty big increase in 2015.

Big games like Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, and even Hyrule Warriors are out now. Combine that with upcoming releases in 2015 like Zelda wii u, star fox wii u, and god knows what else the sales will definitely go back up. It may not be like the Wii or DS where they sold like hotcakes at launch but that's freaking hard to follow up on.

Nintendo and Capcom honestly shouldn't even be compared with how different both of the companies are in size. Combine that with a lot of bad decisions Capcom made in the last few years, it's no wonder they're losing a lot of money.

Reactions: Mikaya
I hope nintendo does not die well for one nintendo is one of the best gaming companys in the world!And they should have enough money to last a long long long time.Nintendo might be losing a few million dollars a year but that is nothing compared to what they have in the bank/ account etc.

Nintendo is NOT going to die.sure they don't make a ton of money like Microsoft or sony but people like us is keeping them alive.if Nintendo is dying why do communitys like this exist.there not going to die anytime soon.theyll keep dishing out awsom new stuff(ex. amibo) that will keep us loving them. Nintendo is not going to die for a LONG TIME.

To be honest I think Nintendo is the only video games company that will not die, it is all the time improving its products to bring the player a new experience in the game so he or she can feel something fresh and new, while other companies do always the same. Besides, it is more than 100 years old and is going to last for other 100 years or even more.

If Nintendo died I'd be sad...it's the only family oriented company, they have the M games too but the majority is family games that lets everyone have fun, you don't have to worry about Lil Jimmy seeing stuff he isn't ready to see

Mom: Jimmy
Jimmy: :eek:
Mom: Oh no, Jimmy saw the Stuff!

See with Nintendo we don't have that issue.

I think it would lead to another gaming crash.

Let's be honest here for a second. Nintendo and a handful of indie developers are the only companies that have been making finished games the past few years. The industry would kill itself out in little to no time.

Reactions: 532
As others have said Nintendo is still set for awhile, they own the most popular gaming mascot after all.

If they did go I'd be sad, Nintendo is a fun family friendly gaming company and that's really what makes them different from Microsoft and Sony.

They really need to be willing to have more 3rd Party support for big games.

nintendo sits on an 17 billion dollar throne while the only thing they do is make video games. They won't die cause most of their games are geared towards casual and younger ages of people. Casual and younger ages of people make up the most people in the gaming industry while hardcore COD players take up a smaller percent, so there will be more people buying kid friendly nintendo games
If nintendo increased third party support then they would have much more money, but that probably won't happen.
According to some article online nintendo is 0$ in debt while their competitor Sony is like 15 bil in debt so wonder how that's going to play out

Nintendo won't die for sure. I mean they are losing a bit of money, but their first party games are way too good. Even if nintendo were to be bankrupt im pretty sure Sony or Microsoft or some other company would buy nintendo. But that is super rare chance, for nintendo to be bankrupt.

It would result in the implosion of the gaming industry, and I could imagine that the world would be plague with a bunch of unfinished games with insane price tags and recycled content (CoD, I'm looking at you)
As of now, Nintendo is the only truly-creative video game company that exists. All of Ubisoft/EA are just recycling ideas to make a profit, whereas Nintendo actually seek out ways to make their customers happy.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Nintendo is in a popular and very popular state right now that there is no way that Nintendo is gonna die so easily because millions of people love Nintendo so much . I Nintendo did actually die someday , I probably wouldn't exist anymore :hilarious: . This happening is such a no-no because Nintendo this year is gonna blow people's minds with all these new games that I can't even list them all . :cool: Nintendo Lives on ....

If Nintendo was to end, I'm really sure that if they allow other companies to buy their franchises, their games would still live on. Even better, other major companies could buy their dev to make sure the vibe is still there as well. I wouldn't fear for that, really.

Nintendo isn't dying, they make a lot of money on their games because their games are actually pretty good. Also because of their consoles and their handhelds. If they were dying I would just keep getting the old 3ds games. But Nintendo is not dying.

Back