Nintendo Dying?

• Thread starter Malladus
  • Start date
Nintendo could actually be one of the most dominant companies; they just need to get their priorities straight. They have always been one gen behind as far as power and graphics go, and maybe some don't care about that; but to appeal to everyone, you have to be powerful enough so that more AAA games can spread to Nintendo consoles. Also, as I've mentioned several times, they should stop worrying about the 'next big idea'. New screens, motion technology..

I don't think that Nintendo is dying, but they are sort of going down hill. They don't seem to be doing well with development ideas. They could be the top developer (well they sort of are) and at this rate, with the poor sales, they have a rough time ahead of them. However, Nintendo comes up with new ideas that usually sell very well.

I don't believe Nintendo is going to die anytime in the near future, and Capcom seems to still be going strong, too. If they died? It's too unlikely that I can't really imagine how it'd turn out.

My first thought as far as we're concerned - players - is that the scope of casual games to enjoy will be much more limited, as that's been Nintendo's forte for quite a long time now, even if they're turning towards a grittier aesthetic nowadays. Maybe a new company will take up that mantle, like I've been wondering for a while about a possible fourth competitor in the gaming industry.

But, again, it likely won't happen for a long time. Not in our lifetimes. So it's not something I think about very often, other than what if Nintendo ditched their family-friendly approach entirely, and how that would turn out. But that is also unlikely to happen for a while and much more unlikely to affect them financially if they legitimately decided to go through with it.

Back