Nintendo got its highest US sales in October.

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

Nintendo has posted its best monthly sales in the U.S. this year, boosted by the simultaneous launch of the handheld console Nintendo 2DS and games Pokemon X and Pokémon Y in August.

Sales of the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, the sixth generation of the original Pokémon game, were the top two titles in October, selling over 1.7 million units combined in the U.S

Total Nintendo 3DS first-party software sales hit more than 2 million units, the highest since December 2011, U.S. consumers bought over 452,000 Nintendo 3DS video game hardware systems in October.That figure included the 3DS, the 3DS XL and the recently launched 2DS, which is a new 2D-only version of the 3DS handheld aimed at younger children.

Well I must say, I wasn't surprise that Pokemon would have risen the sales of 3DS and some of it's games, lets just hope that November and December rakes up some high purchases also. What do you guys think about this, were you surprise?

nintendo_3ds_sales_japan_price_cut-copy-580x267.jpg

Nintendo has posted its best monthly sales in the U.S. this year, boosted by the simultaneous launch of the handheld console Nintendo 2DS and games Pokemon X and Pokémon Y in August.

Sales of the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, the sixth generation of the original Pokémon game, were the top two titles in October, selling over 1.7 million units combined in the U.S

Total Nintendo 3DS first-party software sales hit more than 2 million units, the highest since December 2011, U.S. consumers bought over 452,000 Nintendo 3DS video game hardware systems in October.That figure included the 3DS, the 3DS XL and the recently launched 2DS, which is a new 2D-only version of the 3DS handheld aimed at younger children.

Well I must say, I wasn't surprise that Pokemon would have risen the sales of 3DS and some of it's games, lets just hope that November and December rakes up some high purchases also. What do you guys think about this, were you surprise?

Well, I guess this means Pokemon is officially on the 3DS and it's not going back! haha That's pretty awesome to be honest, and I assume the graph is showing for new sales at a given point?

Well, I guess this means Pokemon is officially on the 3DS and it's not going back! haha That's pretty awesome to be honest, and I assume the graph is showing for new sales at a given point?
No the graph is just an image I found :sneaky:, and yeah it is very awesome, Pokemon skyrocketed the sales, and I sure hope to see more high sales like this.

No the graph is just an image I found :sneaky:, and yeah it is very awesome, Pokemon skyrocketed the sales, and I sure hope to see more high sales like this.
I wouldn't get my hopes to high on higher sales. The pokemon craze is going to be the main thing that could pull off such a thing...I mean, what other game can do that? haha

I wouldn't get my hopes to high on higher sales. The pokemon craze is going to be the main thing that could pull off such a thing...I mean, what other game can do that? haha
Well maybe the Hoenn remake could boost sales, the Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS can boost sales, you never know what can be announced next.

Well maybe the Hoenn remake could boost sales, the Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS can boost sales, you never know what can be announced next.
Smash Bro. would be the only viable thing to do that. X and Y probably got a lot of the Hoenn remake people already, so Hoenn remakes wouldn't give the same thing probably

To be honest I didn't bother to read the whole thing lol it's boring xD

How is this boring lol Basically it's just a bunch of data proving that Nintendo got really high sales and all because of Pokemon X/Y

Reactions: Reece
Well its actually kind of important to sustain my statement which is the title.

Well its actually kind of important to sustain my statement which is the title.
Yeah, I mean anyone could claim some random fact without evidence. For example: "MICROSOFT HAS FORMALLY ANNOUNCED THAT THE XBOX ONE IS JUST BEING MADE FOR MONEY AND SPYING ON THE CONSUMERS. It's also announced that it hates people."

There isn't too much evidence other than biased opinions for the example I stated.

Yeah, I mean anyone could claim some random fact without evidence. For example: "MICROSOFT HAS FORMALLY ANNOUNCED THAT THE XBOX ONE IS JUST BEING MADE FOR MONEY AND SPYING ON THE CONSUMERS. It's also announced that it hates people."

There isn't too much evidence other than biased opinions for the example I stated.
WHAT THE XBOX 360 and XBOX one IS A spy ?!! It also hates people omg ahhhhh xD lol

The 3DS needed a Pokemon game. The series always helps to boost the sales of the handheld it's on :p But I'm glad this happen to the 3DS. It's such a great system. I just hope Hoenn remakes help it as well.

Reactions: 18
The 3DS needed a Pokemon game. The series always helps to boost the sales of the handheld it's on :p But I'm glad this happen to the 3DS. It's such a great system. I just hope Hoenn remakes help it as well.
There's the theory that the remakes go by hardware, so maybe...just maybe...we might get those Hoenn remakes finally haha

There's the theory that the remakes go by hardware, so maybe...just maybe...we might get those Hoenn remakes finally haha

I know the theory. xD If they didn't make the remakes on the 3DS, a lot of people, including myself, would get mad. It'd be a bad move to not make them on it. Plus, the ds had a remake on it...

I know the theory. xD If they didn't make the remakes on the 3DS, a lot of people, including myself, would get mad. It'd be a bad move to not make them on it. Plus, the ds had a remake on it...
There's been speculation against a Hoenn remake based on stuff within the game tbh...so we'll have to see what happens there.

There's been speculation against a Hoenn remake based on stuff within the game tbh...so we'll have to see what happens there.

Yes, I've heard about it. Rumors spread like wildfire within this fandom xD And we've been waiting already. So It's all we can do at this point. Trollfreak better hurry up.

Yes, I've heard about it. Rumors spread like wildfire within this fandom xD And we've been waiting already. So It's all we can do at this point. Trollfreak better hurry up.
I wonder if TrollFreak sees enough support for Hoenn remakes lol That's probably the main thing they're looking for: ability to make money off the games they produce.

Same here, I knew Pokemon was gonna raise the sales for the 3DS and I am glad that it did, I hope that Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS boost sales even more.

Same here, I knew it needed a Pokemon game to boost sales so I wasn't surprise, I hope Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS boost sales even more.

Well, the pokémon and 3Ds boost didn't end... Wait for christmas

Well, the pokémon and 3Ds boost didn't end... Wait for christmas
Oh yeah, that is when you will see tons of sales also.

Back